Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical Hope for "Brain Dead"
Medical Hope for "Brain Dead"
Obviously this is just a baby step, but it at least give hope for families with loved ones in a permanent vegetative state.

Guardian Article
RE: Medical Hope for "Brain Dead"
Vegetative state is synonymous with brain dead now?

Quote:Unlike persistent vegetative state, brain death is the irreversible loss of all functions of the brain, including the brainstem (which controls breathing and other vital functions).

http://healthcare.findlaw.com/patient-ri...rence.html
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Fine. Whatever.
Trust me, there is no hope, medical or otherwise, for the majority of trump voters.
(September 26, 2017 at 11:45 am)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: Fine. Whatever.

You learnt something today. Ain't that a good thing?

It's never a good day when religitards have their illusions shattered.
(September 26, 2017 at 12:45 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(September 26, 2017 at 11:45 am)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: Fine. Whatever.

You learnt something today. Ain't that a good thing?

Yeah. I learned, again, that some people on AF would rather criticize a theist than rejoice in a medical breakthrough.
(September 26, 2017 at 12:55 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:
(September 26, 2017 at 12:45 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: You learnt something today. Ain't that a good thing?

Yeah. I learned, again, that some people on AF would rather criticize a theist than rejoice in a medical breakthrough.

Huh lol. No one did that in this thread. Poor persecuted christian *pats head*
Great news!
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(September 26, 2017 at 12:55 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:
(September 26, 2017 at 12:45 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: You learnt something today. Ain't that a good thing?

And nothing about the difference between the two states?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Russia's massive brain drain is ravaging the economy LinuxGal 0 379 September 3, 2023 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Is this fake news? I hope so, but I do not know... FlatAssembler 5 781 June 2, 2021 at 4:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Hope Springs Covid. Brian37 8 695 October 2, 2020 at 9:49 am
  Girls Vs. Boys: Brain Differences Might Explain Tech Behaviors EgoDeath 25 1632 September 26, 2019 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The bastards better hope they never meet me Cyberman 2 1185 December 16, 2017 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  I hope this is another nail in Covfefe's coffin. Brian37 19 6022 July 12, 2017 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: John V
  So Much For That Brain Fart Minimalist 1 704 July 9, 2017 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  If We Had A Medical Section I'd Put This In It Minimalist 52 6353 August 30, 2016 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Gord Downie, Canadian music icon, diagnosed with terminal brain cancer MTL 7 1480 May 26, 2016 at 4:23 am
  Hope for America!! Drich 450 45596 April 27, 2016 at 11:37 am
Last Post: Brian37