Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fox at it again: dresses black kid up as watermelon for Halloween segment
Fox at it again: dresses black kid up as watermelon for Halloween segment
Quote:Fox & Friends dresses up black child as watermelon for Halloween segment

[Image: FNC_10-22-2017_07.54.42a-800x430.jpg]

During a Halloween costume segment, President Donald Trump’s favorite morning program showed off some ideas for this year’s Halloween holiday.

And while white children were dressed as robots and rainbows, one black child was forced to wear a costume that some might consider to be racially insensitive.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/lucas-i...n-segment/
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Fox at it again: dresses black kid up as watermelon for Halloween segment
As a non-American I don't get it. What's racially insensitive about a water melon?
(October 22, 2017 at 11:13 am)Mathilda Wrote: As a non-American I don't get it. What's racially insensitive about a water melon?

How watermelons became a racist trope

Watermelon stereotype
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I dressing as a slice of Wonder Bread. 

With Mayo.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
This is why conservatives don't take accusations of bigotry seriously. Stop sharing this shit.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
Should anyone honestly care if conservatives take racism seriously. I mean they not going to anyway .They will just mount the usual excuses.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(October 22, 2017 at 11:29 am)Aegon Wrote: This is why conservatives don't take accusations of bigotry seriously. Stop sharing this shit.

So much this.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I also wouldn't be making tropes about blacks picking cotton either.
Fox triggering loads of people. Regressives triggered by a watermelon costume (and the kid might not even be black. Hard to tell) Fundies triggered by the kid wearing the rainbow costume.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Head of WHO plays the "Race Card." Can you guess if he's black looking? Duty 9 692 April 14, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 3901 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Black Serial Killers Foxaèr 10 941 November 29, 2021 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: T.J.
  100th Aniversery of the Black Wall Street Masacre. Brian37 8 533 May 28, 2021 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Louisiana cemetery 'sorry' after denying officer burial 'because he is black' zebo-the-fat 25 1483 January 31, 2021 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Black female Dr. dies of covid. Treatment in question. brewer 2 422 December 30, 2020 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Fox 'News' Running Scared BrianSoddingBoru4 9 699 December 20, 2020 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Just now on FOX NEWS...... Brian37 17 1035 December 12, 2020 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Blexit Campaign - Black Exit from the US Democratic Party Duty 154 8527 November 8, 2020 at 3:21 pm
  Armed Black Protesters March Through Confederate Park The Architect Of Fate 26 1572 July 16, 2020 at 11:46 am