Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your favorite demi-god from antiquity.
Who is your favorite demi-god from antiquity.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_demigods

Dionysus FTW. 

Quote:Dionysus (/daɪ.əˈnaɪsəs/GreekΔιόνυσος Dionysos) is the god of the grape harvest, winemaking and wine, of ritual madness, fertility,[2][3] theatre and religious ecstasy in ancient Greek religion and mythWine played an important role in Greek culture, and the cult of Dionysus was the main religious focus for its unrestrained consumption.[4] His worship became firmly established in the seventh century BC.[5] He may have been worshipped as early as c. 1500–1100 BC by Mycenean Greeks;[6][7] traces of Dionysian-type cult have also been found in ancient Minoan Crete.[8] His origins are uncertain, and his cults took many forms; some are described by ancient sources as Thracian, others as Greek.[9][10][11] In some cults, he arrives from the east, as an Asiatic foreigner; in others, from Ethiopia in the South. He is a god of epiphany, "the god that comes", and his "foreignness" as an arriving outsider-god may be inherent and essential to his cults. He is a major, popular figure of Greek mythology and religion, becoming increasingly important over time, and included in some lists of the twelve Olympians, as the last of their number, and the only god born from a mortal mother.[12] His festivals were the driving force behind the development of Greek theatre.[13]
You had me at ritual madness.
RE: Who is your favorite demi-god from antiquity.
Yeah, definitely Dionysus.
Jesus cuz he loves you long time. Oh shit, he's cumming again!
(October 24, 2017 at 10:02 am)Whateverist Wrote: Jesus cuz he loves you long time.  Oh shit, he's cumming again!

Hey, if you only came every 2,000+ years you'd be pissed too.
Yum Kaax, a hunter-gatherers demi-god that could sing an arrow into flying a circle. Likely predates the rise of agriculture (or was a response to it) in meso-america and can be found in derivative from central america all the way up to the arctic.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 24, 2017 at 9:58 am)Crossless2.0 Wrote: Yeah, definitely Dionysus.

Or Bacchus, if you prefer your debauchery with a Roman flair.
(October 24, 2017 at 10:20 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(October 24, 2017 at 9:58 am)Crossless2.0 Wrote: Yeah, definitely Dionysus.

Or Bacchus, if you prefer your debauchery with a Roman flair.

Greeks had better parties. 

I also notice Hippolyta was the daughter of Ares. I am STUNNED that DC would get that wrong.
Thor. He's sexy with a hammer.

Not really caring if he's one or not.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Priapus.

Soooo jealous.
Man.... looking at that list... Zeus sure got around a lot.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who's your favorite serial killer? Foxaèr 9 655 October 6, 2022 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  What's your favorite Weather app? Jehanne 13 1118 July 20, 2022 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Your favorite species. Brian37 43 1989 August 11, 2021 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Your favorite meat approximation? Gawdzilla Sama 31 1592 August 29, 2020 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Your Favorite Religious/ Scriptural Quotes chimp3 37 3903 May 6, 2020 at 11:44 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Your favorite type of Dog Docto021 23 1501 May 6, 2019 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Where's your favorite place to travel to? EgoDeath 21 2077 March 2, 2019 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Your all-time favorite hallucination? Gawdzilla Sama 43 2815 September 29, 2018 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  What's Your Favorite Bird Amarok 65 6658 July 24, 2018 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Your favorite fruit? Foxaèr 64 9539 April 24, 2018 at 10:28 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet