Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pence VS. Rippon
Pence VS. Rippon
This is a story two men. One is a man who can't apparently take "no" for an answer.

Other is Adam Rippon who can figure skate and he can win championships. Rippon is competing at the Winter Olympics for United States.

Man who can't take "no" for an answer is Mike Pence or Gov. of Indiana, formally member of Congress, currently vice president of United States. Pence is a religious conservative bigot who used his power to harm gay people whenever and wherever an opportunity to do harm has presented itself. Pence has voted against repeal of "don't ask don't tell" when he was a member of Congress. He opposed marriage equality among gay people as well as adopting children. Pence voted against laws to protect LGBT people from discrimination. He signed a bill into law when he was a governor of Indiana that would allow people to discriminate against gays and lesbians so long as they remember to scream sincerely held religious beliefs. Pence famously perhaps most famously demanded that HIV-AIDS education funds be spent on conversion therapy programs instead. Not for nothing that Donald Trump jokes how "Mike Pence wants to hang all gay people".

Adam Rippon who again is competing for United States at the Winter Olympics which are just getting underway in South Korea. In addition to being a champion figure skater, he is the first openly gay man ever selected to compete for US on the Winter Olympics. Guess who else is going to be Olympics? Mike Pence! He has the official US delegation to the Winter Olympics and traditionally US athletes, all of them, meet with the head of the US delegation, but Rippon is not interested in meeting Mike pence because he's offended at Mike pence's support for conversion therapy. Rippon is appalled that Mike Pence doesn't think Rippon, as a gay man, should exist. He said in USA Today during interview that he's not interested in meeting, not just Pence, but anyone who is going out of their way to not only show that they are no to friend to gays, but who think gay people are sick. Mike Pence made the mistake of denying that he ever supported conversion therapy and Rippon took to Twitter where he posted links and screen grabs of the website where Mike pence came out in support of defunding HIV-AIDS education and prevention programs that actually work and save gay people's lives and demanded money, instead, be spent on gay conversion therapy programs that do not work. Unless you count pushing vulnerable young people to suicide.

I guess you would think Pence would've learned his lesson and left the 28-year-old figure skater alone, but Mike Pence asked the US Olympic committee to set up a private meeting between him and Rippon in South Korea which Rippon rejected. So Mike Pence, a bigot, feeling rejected took to Twitter himself and tweeted directly to Rippon saying "I want you to know I'm for you. Don't let fake news distract you. I am proud of you".

Mike Pence is for Adam Rippon - unless Adam Rippon wants to serve in the military, get married, have children, learn how to protect himself from HIV, be safe from the hands of religious bigots on the basis of sexual orientation or be gay at all. Other than that Mike Pence is for Adam Rippon. It's kind of pathetic.
I mean Rippon is the first athlete who has refused to meet with Mike Pence and/or Donald Trump. Super Bowl champions, World Series champions, NBA champions go to the White House and make nice with these bigots. Rippon is the first to refuse, but somehow Mike Pence just can't stand the thought of this young gay male figure skater refusing to be alone with him in a room. Skater that likes to post his half naked pictures on net. Makes you wonder.

You know Mike pence, like a lot of anti-gay bigots, doesn't want people out there who aren't anti-gay bigots to think he's an anti-gay bigot and he probably, like a lot of them, likes to think that he has gay friends. Maybe he thinks the guy who did his daughter's hair at her wedding is a gay friend. A lot of this powerful anti-gay politicians want to live in a world where they can be viciously shady to gay people and gay people will play nice with them in return or feel obligated to smile for a photo in order to show respect for whatever office the bigot happens to hold. The anti-gay bigots turn around and point to these photographs to prove that they're not anti-gay bigots. "Hey! Don't look at the policies or the attacks I waged on gay people. In this picture of me and a known homosexual smiling at each other! Look here's a picture of me shaking hands with all gay person and you know what gay people do with their hands? They touch themselves down there! Some even touch other homosexuals down there and I touched it so how can I be a bigot?" That's the game Pence wants to play, but Rippon can't even and won't even play along and for that Adam Rippon is a hero.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Pence VS. Rippon
(February 15, 2018 at 8:11 am)Fake Messiah Wrote:

So basically Pence is trying to be nice... and this is a horrible thing?
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
Well, on Pence's term's and conditions. He's not being unconditionally nice.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I wouldn't call it 'nice' to try to get a photo-op with someone whose rights you're fighting against.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
pretending to be buddy buddy with the very people he's trying to oppress.That's far from being nice. Dodgy
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Pence wants to slither up to someone and inspire a moral renaissance I'd suggest he move towards his boss.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(February 15, 2018 at 9:39 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote:

Don't be silly.  It's politics.  It's propaganda.  It's a photo op.  If Pence thought that most of America would cheer his actions he would lynch Rippon ON CAMERA.  But no, Rippon is an Olympic athlete with a following.  Pence is 2nd in line for the Presidency (gag) so he wants to send a message "I don't hate gays, this one is ok, see, he's a hard worker and I'm cool."
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(February 15, 2018 at 11:25 am)drfuzzy Wrote:
(February 15, 2018 at 9:39 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote: So basically Pence is trying to be nice... and this is a horrible thing?

Don't be silly.  It's politics.  It's propaganda.  It's a photo op.  If Pence thought that most of America would cheer his actions he would lynch Rippon ON CAMERA.  But no, Rippon is an Olympic athlete with a following.  Pence is 2nd in line for the Presidency (gag) so he wants to send a message "I don't hate gays, this one is ok, see, he's a hard worker and I'm cool."

Do you know that if Pence... or are you just guessing. Or are you talking about these rants that are mostly propaganda?

To me, it doesn’t seem like that much to get all worked up about, and may very well be what it seems (a nice gesture).
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
(February 15, 2018 at 11:43 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(February 15, 2018 at 11:25 am)drfuzzy Wrote: Don't be silly.  It's politics.  It's propaganda.  It's a photo op.  If Pence thought that most of America would cheer his actions he would lynch Rippon ON CAMERA.  But no, Rippon is an Olympic athlete with a following.  Pence is 2nd in line for the Presidency (gag) so he wants to send a message "I don't hate gays, this one is ok, see, he's a hard worker and I'm cool."

Do you know that if Pence... or are you just guessing. Or are you talking about these rants that are mostly propaganda?  

To me, it doesn’t seem like that much to get all worked up about, and may very well be what it seems (a nice gesture).

Pence has supported anti-LGBT legislation and conversion therapy. These actions and his homophobic rants are a matter of public record.  No LGBT+ person should ever consider him anything other than evil incarnate until he stands up and publicly recants his previous positions.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(February 15, 2018 at 9:39 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote:

Figures you would think hypocrisy is "nice."

Is that one of your bullshit beatitudes?  "Blessed are the hypocrites....."

Pence is a cunt.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pence LinuxGal 2 508 November 17, 2022 at 5:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Mike Pence Minimalist 6 791 August 7, 2018 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Yeah, we Know. Pence Is A Piece of Shit, Too Minimalist 0 563 July 29, 2018 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Oh, Poor Mike Pence. His Favorite Hobby Horse Shot Down Minimalist 8 1693 April 21, 2018 at 3:24 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Help PISS OFF Mike <---dickface Pence! Brian37 14 2803 March 27, 2018 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Borowitz: Pence Has A Plan Minimalist 4 585 December 3, 2017 at 4:55 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Amusing - Pence Not A Big Draw Minimalist 8 1763 October 21, 2017 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The WLB Picks On Pence for Being A Jesus Freak Minimalist 17 4129 October 17, 2017 at 1:09 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Mike Pence casts deciding vote to advance Trumpcare Foxaèr 20 4595 July 30, 2017 at 4:54 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  McCain Showed Some Class - Pence Is Just A Sleazebag Minimalist 7 1590 June 13, 2017 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist