Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heaven, paradise etc.
Heaven, paradise etc.
Question for theists.

So, you've lived a nice long life down here on Earth, say about 90 years, and finally your body dies and you find yourself in Heaven.

Question is, once you're there, what is it that you actually do? And how long do you stay there? I mean, at what point does your life on Earth no longer have any meaning? Are you really going to place any merit in a 90 year mortal life after a billion years in Heaven?

Do you fully expect to still be 'alive' and in paradise in 1010100 centuries time?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Heaven, paradise etc.
I can't quite say I know for certain. Or have any inkling at all, for that matter.

But the way I see it, from what I believe about Heaven and God, eternal paradise is oneness with God. The line of distinction between you and God becomes non-existant and you are able to recognize the part of God that you were in your time on Earth. Your role to Him and His divine plan is reveal in it's entirety and you understand why you went through what you went through. From there...I don't know. I don't claim to know. I do believe in reincarnation, so that might have some baring on it. But otherwise I haven't got a clue.
Are you saying then that God has split himself off into countless little pieces and we are all one of those pieces?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
When I get there, I will go find the ruler of heaven and very rudely ask them why they brought me there, and if their reasons aren't good enough, tell them so and leave.

Paradise is overrated, it gets really old in about a month. Sleepy
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Quote:Paradise is overrated, it gets really old in about a month.

Really? So you've been,or spoken to a few people who have?Angel Cloud
I think that our perception of time will change when we go to Heaven.

Right now, we don't how it feels to be immortal simply because we are not immortal. We see that things are changing around us all the time and things are decaying and withering away as time goes on. Plants and animals are dying everyday. But in Heaven, this is not going to happen. Our brains and bodies will never age and we can live forever and still be beautiful (no more second law of thermodynamics in Heaven perhaps). Tongue

Even time itself could be something different in Heaven.

Maybe that's why we don't understand how it's possible to live for eternity and yet not be bored because of living for so long. But ultimately, everything is good when you're close to the Creator.
(January 4, 2011 at 7:46 pm)Rayaan Wrote: I think that our perception of time will change when we go to Heaven.

Right now, we don't how it feels to be immortal simply because we are not immortal. We see that things are changing around us all the time and things are decaying and withering away as time goes on. Plants and animals are dying everyday. But in Heaven, this is not going to happen. Our brains and bodies will never age and we can live forever and still be beautiful (no more second law of thermodynamics in Heaven perhaps). Tongue

Even time itself could be something different in Heaven.

Maybe that's why we don't understand how it's possible to live for eternity and yet not be bored because of living for so long. But ultimately, everything is good when you're close to the Creator.

How boring, existence without a objective would be ultimately self-boring
(January 4, 2011 at 6:47 pm)Darwinian Wrote: Are you saying then that God has split himself off into countless little pieces and we are all one of those pieces?

Not so much split as we are all parts of one whole, and that whole is God. Smile
(January 4, 2011 at 6:58 pm)padraic Wrote:
Quote:Paradise is overrated, it gets really old in about a month.

Really? So you've been,or spoken to a few people who have?Angel Cloud

Well if good things can get old in a day (ie: spaghetti, pizza, soda)... i imagine they can get old in a month Tongue
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Heaven is defined as "fucking excellent", well, not exactly, but you know what I mean. Heaven, paradise, bliss, whatever.... it's defined as perfectly paradisal.....

So, if it exists, why would anyone care what form it took? If it's not experienced as paradise then in what sense is it "paradise"?

If it's heavenly paradisal, then it may even be able to take a more blissful form than you'd ever be able to imagine with your Earthly mind.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Mandate of Heaven atheisthunt 22 3319 February 11, 2020 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
Thumbs Up Alzheimers in heaven. onlinebiker 73 8298 October 28, 2019 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Ways to Get Into Heaven! Or Whatever You Believe in! Jade-Green Stone 14 2547 January 24, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  Apparitions from heaven??? Jehanne 217 21458 November 4, 2016 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Hell and heaven purplepurpose 14 2767 August 23, 2016 at 9:21 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
Question Heaven seems awful 2 me-"Theist laughs at loudly & with great cruelty" fruyian 141 16773 May 18, 2016 at 4:31 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why Isn't Human Society A Paradise? BrianSoddingBoru4 23 7252 February 6, 2016 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: scoobysnack
  Eureka! Hubble Space TTelescope Finds Heaven Rhondazvous 56 10129 January 21, 2016 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: MTL
  Heaven would be good Amine 41 8315 December 12, 2015 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Where is heaven located? Also, why does God care about homo sapiens? MentalGiant 61 14676 September 19, 2015 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb