Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buzzfeed reports Trump directed Cohen to lie to congress
Buzzfeed reports Trump directed Cohen to lie to congress
Since Min is MIA at the moment...

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/17/politic...cnn.com%2F

What do you think, guys?  Are the walls really closing in on Trump?  Or do we need a reality check that no matter what gets unearthed on this guy, those spineless ass-lickers in the senate are never going to turn on him? It’s so hard not to froth at the mouth; I’ll be honest...
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
RE: Buzzfeed reports Trump directed Cohen to lie to congress
(January 18, 2019 at 3:26 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: Since Min is MIA at the moment...

What do you think, guys?  Are the walls really closing in on Trump?  Or do we need a reality check that no matter what gets unearthed on this guy, those spineless ass-lickers in the senate are never going to turn on him? It’s so hard not to froth at the mouth; I’ll be honest...

Duh. 

This all depends on what Dems in the house cant get out and prevent GOP in congress from hiding anything.
It's funny how we are all acting so shocked by this recent revelation.
Better there than here where all my stuff is

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
(January 18, 2019 at 8:17 am)GODZILLA Wrote: It's funny how we are all acting so shocked by this recent revelation.

I wouldn't say 'shocked' as much as 'hopeful'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 18, 2019 at 8:17 am)GODZILLA Wrote: It's funny how we are all acting so shocked by this recent revelation.

I disagree, nobody sane is shocked by him considering his consistent behavior over the years. I'd say more like frustration that one party has no balls to do the right thing like they did with Nixon.

(January 18, 2019 at 8:40 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

I wouldn't say 'shocked' as much as 'hopeful'.

Boru

Frustrated but yea, the more that comes out that backs up what has already come out, corners the rat even more. But we still are talking about the GOP that puts party over the constitution.
(January 18, 2019 at 3:26 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: Since Min is MIA at the moment...

I think that the impeachment process is going to start very soon. Senate cooperation is unlikely.  The Atlantic has published an outstanding article, arguing the case for starting the impeachment process immediately. When very sober publications like The Atlantic are publishing articles calling for impeachment, then the writing is on the wall. It is a lengthy and detailed article, very well written and very well argued. It is currently probably the best article on the subject. You can read it here:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arc...mp/580468/
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
It's looking more and more as if Trump will be impeached. His conviction, however, remains doubtful.  I still think he'll resign between impeachment and conviction.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 18, 2019 at 9:04 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It's looking more and more as if Trump will be impeached. His conviction, however, remains doubtful.  I still think he'll resign between impeachment and conviction.

Boru

Resigning requires at least a tiny amount of humility. I think that he would rather drink poison than resign. That might be the way that this ends.
Not exactly what you call untainted evidence.

"Gee - he MADE me lie!!"

Uh....OK.....

And we are supposed to convict someone on the testimony of an admitted liar??

If you believe Cohen s account - it shows your bias.

Do I think Trump is a skunk??

Well - yeah...

But I won't convict somebody just because I don't like them.

I'd like some credible evidence.
(January 18, 2019 at 10:00 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Not exactly what you call untainted evidence.

"Gee - he MADE me lie!!"

Uh....OK.....

And we are supposed to convict someone on the testimony of an admitted liar??

If you believe Cohen s account - it shows your bias.

Do I think Trump is a skunk??

Well - yeah...

But I won't convict somebody just because I don't like them.

I'd like some credible evidence.

I agree that Cohen's word needs to be taken with a grain of salt.  My understanding is that there is corroborating evidence such as emails. I haven't seen that evidence, so I don't know how damning it is. We'll have to wait and see.  I am a little exasperated with the media's tendency to market themselves as prosecutors in the court of public opinion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Congress and drink coasters. Brian37 4 450 February 15, 2021 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  All Politicians Lie onlinebiker 23 1237 January 11, 2021 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1061 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  An Open Letter to Congress Secular Elf 14 994 March 4, 2020 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Cohen's testimony Fake Messiah 12 1506 February 28, 2019 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36912 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Do conservatives lie more than liberals? Angrboda 23 2621 June 17, 2018 at 11:40 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3164 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is Trump's election bad for Trump's businesses? Jehanne 22 4130 November 15, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: CWoods
  Congress' Dumbest Republicunt... Minimalist 9 1209 October 11, 2016 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb