Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypocrisy much?
Hypocrisy much?
The orange turd spent his run, and the majority of his presidency vilifying those without papers. But 12 migrants were fired from his golf club. Not upon sudden realization they didn't have proper papers, but after DECADES. Now watch as his supporters claim they didn't know.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201...-immigran/
RE: Hypocrisy much?
It's pretty much the same hypocrisy the obscenely rich (at least the ones who claim to be against illegal immigration) have always held:

Honestly, it would probably be more surprising if a billionaire/multi-millionaire who made a big show about being anti-immigration didn't have illegals working for him. After all, the temptation of exploiting people who've come to a nation where they're required to be paid more for an hour's work than half of them have to live on in a day and have no legal recourse is just too big to resist.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(January 28, 2019 at 1:46 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: It's pretty much the same hypocrisy the obscenely rich (at least the ones who claim to be against illegal immigration) have always held:

Honestly, it would probably be more surprising if a billionaire/multi-millionaire who made a big show about being anti-immigration didn't have illegals working for him. After all, the temptation of exploiting people who've come to a nation where they're required to be paid more for an hour's work than half of them have to live on in a day and have no legal recourse is just too big to resist.

I keep wondering where this weird idea that the ultra wealthy are opposed to immigration came from. It's a popular misconception.  The ultra wealthy have never had a problem with immigrants increasing the size of the cheap labor pool.  Rich politicians have always had to pay lip service to organized labor's concerns about rampant immigration, so they have sometimes worked anti-immigrant rhetoric into their election campaigns if they were running in areas where organized labor was strong. George W the patrician class politician was probably a lot more friendly to immigrants than Obama was. Trump isn't really a hypocrite because he almost certainly isn't sincere about his anti-immigrant stance. He just bashes immigrants because it plays well with his base. He would hire illegals to be white house landscapers and housekeepers in a New York second if he could get away with it.
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
(January 28, 2019 at 2:14 pm)Yonadav Wrote:
(January 28, 2019 at 1:46 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: It's pretty much the same hypocrisy the obscenely rich (at least the ones who claim to be against illegal immigration) have always held:

I keep wondering where this weird idea that the ultra wealthy are opposed to immigration came from. It's a popular misconception.  The ultra wealthy have never had a problem with immigrants increasing the size of the cheap labor pool.  Rich politicians have always had to pay lip service to organized labor's concerns about rampant immigration, so they have sometimes worked anti-immigrant rhetoric into their election campaigns if they were running in areas where organized labor was strong. George W the patrician class politician was probably a lot more friendly to immigrants than Obama was. Trump isn't really a hypocrite because he almost certainly isn't sincere about his anti-immigrant stance. He just bashes immigrants because it plays well with his base. He would hire illegals to be white house landscapers and housekeepers in a New York second if he could get away with it.

Um  no, the greedy really do not care if you are born in a country or from another country, if greed is their motivation, they will always take cheap labor and attempt to drive down wages, regardless of papers or being born here.

That is not to say there are those who are empathetic to migration that do hire migrants regardless of papers, there are.

Trump is the type who hires migrants for the cheap labor. There are other rich people who hire people without papers too, but are not fucking bigots and understand that it is just about surviving.
(January 28, 2019 at 2:28 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 28, 2019 at 2:14 pm)Yonadav Wrote: I keep wondering where this weird idea that the ultra wealthy are opposed to immigration came from. It's a popular misconception.  The ultra wealthy have never had a problem with immigrants increasing the size of the cheap labor pool.  Rich politicians have always had to pay lip service to organized labor's concerns about rampant immigration, so they have sometimes worked anti-immigrant rhetoric into their election campaigns if they were running in areas where organized labor was strong. George W the patrician class politician was probably a lot more friendly to immigrants than Obama was. Trump isn't really a hypocrite because he almost certainly isn't sincere about his anti-immigrant stance. He just bashes immigrants because it plays well with his base. He would hire illegals to be white house landscapers and housekeepers in a New York second if he could get away with it.

Um  no, the greedy really do not care if you are born in a country or from another country, if greed is their motivation, they will always take cheap labor and attempt to drive down wages, regardless of papers or being born here.

That is not to say there are those who are empathetic to migration that do hire migrants regardless of papers, there are.

Trump is the type who hires migrants for the cheap labor. There are other rich people who hire people without papers too, but are not fucking bigots and understand that it is just about surviving.

Learn to fucking read and stop picking fights with figments of your imagination. You basically repeated what I said.
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
(January 28, 2019 at 2:28 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 28, 2019 at 2:14 pm)Yonadav Wrote: I keep wondering where this weird idea that the ultra wealthy are opposed to immigration came from. It's a popular misconception.  The ultra wealthy have never had a problem with immigrants increasing the size of the cheap labor pool.  Rich politicians have always had to pay lip service to organized labor's concerns about rampant immigration, so they have sometimes worked anti-immigrant rhetoric into their election campaigns if they were running in areas where organized labor was strong. George W the patrician class politician was probably a lot more friendly to immigrants than Obama was. Trump isn't really a hypocrite because he almost certainly isn't sincere about his anti-immigrant stance. He just bashes immigrants because it plays well with his base. He would hire illegals to be white house landscapers and housekeepers in a New York second if he could get away with it.

Bit of advice, Brian:  When you're replying to a post with which you agree, it's best to not start the reply with 'Um  no'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Admittedly, I think Yonadav is just trying to take the more pragmatic (if blatantly exploitative) attitude many rich people take towards hiring illegal immigrants, and spinning it around in such a way that it looks like the xenophobia behind this whole movement is the fault of the left and not the right. I know I’ve been souring about the left over the past few years, but I know better than to fall for that sort of bullshit. A “not so different” approach might make sense, but shifting the blame so heavily that it seems like Obama is more anti-immigrant than Trump is fucking dumb. Personal hypocrisy doesn’t make up for the horrible policy any more than hiring a Jewish housemaid/mistress makes up for being one of the most horrifying concentration camp commandants of the entire Nazi era (and that’s really saying something; in the film, Goeth’s antics were actually toned down and we’re extreme enough that even the other Nazis thought he went too far):

(January 28, 2019 at 5:53 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Admittedly, I think Yonadav is just trying to take the more pragmatic (if blatantly exploitative) attitude many rich people take towards hiring illegal immigrants, and spinning it around in such a way that it looks like the xenophobia behind this whole movement is the fault of the left and not the right. I know I’ve been souring about the left over the past few years, but I know better than to fall for that sort of bullshit. A “not so different” approach might make sense, but shifting the blame so heavily that it seems like Obama is more anti-immigrant than Trump is fucking dumb. Personal hypocrisy doesn’t make up for the horrible policy any more than hiring a Jewish housemaid/mistress makes up for being one of the most horrifying concentration camp commandants of the entire  Nazi era (and that’s really saying something; in the film, Goeth’s antics were actually toned down and we’re extreme enough that even the other Nazis thought he went too far):

Schindler's List is one of my favorite movies of all time. 

As far as a movie about a lesson to humanity as far as what not to do it is #1, hands down.

One of the most horrible scenes in it, depicting the horrible arbitrary cruelty was the scene where the lady prisoner Architect pointed out to the Nazis that they were building a structure wrong in the camp. One asshole murders her for the questioning then orders the other Nazis to correct the mistake. 

But in reality, while only a movie, that was the type of horrible cruelty that happened in reality. If you were the captured of the Nazis, unless you were physically fit, they sent you to the gas chambers. If you were fit to work, they worked you to death.
Okay, that bit about Schindler’s List was more in the way of an analogy about why Yonadav’s claim that Trump’s anti-immigration policies aren’t that bad because he clearly doesn’t believe in them means far less than he thinks. After all, if that were true, maybe Amon Goeth wouldn’t be anywhere near as fucked Up as he was, especially if he kept a Jewish mistress. (Hence, I used that particular scene with Helen.) Clearly that isn’t the case.

(January 28, 2019 at 6:24 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Okay, that bit about Schindler’s List was more in the way of an analogy about why Yonadav’s claim that Trump’s anti-immigration policies aren’t that bad because he clearly doesn’t believe in them means far less than he thinks. After all, if that were true, maybe Amon Goeth wouldn’t be anywhere near as fucked Up as he was, especially if he kept a Jewish mistress. (Hence, I used that particular scene with Helen.) Clearly that isn’t the case.

The point of pointing out Trump's vile rhetoric is to avoid what I pointed out in the movie. The reality of what Germany did started slowly, not overnight. 

In fact, and I have mentioned it on this page before, my late mother's last roommate in her nursing home escaped the Warsaw Ghettos. Care to ask me what that lady thought of Trump when I asked her? My mom was too young and only heard about the war living in the US. But her last roommate before my mom died told me how they were treated like Animals. I asked the lady what she thought of Trump and I knew, without seeing pictures, or documentaries, although I had seen them prior to meeting that nice old lady, there was, and can be no polite packaging or watered down history to what the Nazis did.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why so much recent transphobic legislation? FrustratedFool 15 805 August 15, 2023 at 9:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  Another US Export. Thank You So Bloody Much BrianSoddingBoru4 6 353 January 13, 2021 at 11:45 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Lady Doth Protest Too Much, Methinks - Hysterical White Middle Class BLM Activism Duty 31 1880 July 1, 2020 at 5:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  The impeachment of Trump suddenly looks like much more than just a theory WinterHold 45 3798 January 10, 2020 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  So much about religious liberty Fake Messiah 14 1585 February 8, 2019 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  So Much Winning, huh Douchebag? Minimalist 16 2211 July 9, 2018 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Amarok
  I Think The World Would Take Us Much More Seriously On Iran Minimalist 3 598 February 1, 2018 at 5:08 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Another Republicunt Admits Hypocrisy Minimalist 4 611 September 28, 2017 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  So Much For That Brain Fart Minimalist 1 702 July 9, 2017 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Peeing to much at night? brewer 11 1744 March 7, 2017 at 2:50 am
Last Post: Minimalist