Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 3:58 am

Poll: Why Did They Kill Caligula?
This poll is closed.
He was shagging his sisters.
0%
0 0%
He turned the Senate into a brothel.
0%
0 0%
He made his favourite horse a senator.
25.00%
1 25.00%
He declared himself to be Jove.
0%
0 0%
He was trying to end the war in Vietnam.
0%
0 0%
Other.
75.00%
3 75.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Do You Think They Killed Caligula?
Why Do You Think They Killed Caligula?
So, what do you think?  Why did they kill him?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Why Do You Think They Killed Caligula?
Never understood why they ended the war in Vietnam. I was just getting warmed up. Huh
Roman emperors, good or evil, had quite low life expectancy. Except the one that I don't recall his name that resigned to run a farm in Dacia. When asked if he wanted to return to be emperor, he said he was quite happy with his cabbage, etc. Can't blame the guy.

As for Caligula, well, dunno, mabe it was because of the horse thing lel.
I need to know what the sisters looked like before making a choice.
(March 28, 2020 at 6:13 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I need to know what the sisters looked like before making a choice.

Based on their statues, two of the three were missing noses, and the third was missing part of her nose.  Otherwise, not bad at all.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 28, 2020 at 6:23 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 28, 2020 at 6:13 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I need to know what the sisters looked like before making a choice.

Based on their statues, two of the three were missing noses, and the third was missing part of her nose.  Otherwise, not bad at all.

Boru

Okay, how drunk am I and how long since?
(March 28, 2020 at 6:25 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(March 28, 2020 at 6:23 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Based on their statues, two of the three were missing noses, and the third was missing part of her nose.  Otherwise, not bad at all.

Boru

Okay, how drunk am I and how long since?

Well, you're ex-Navy, so...a year without putting into a port (euphemistically or otherwise) and subsisting primarily on grain alcohol.

Boru
Well then!
(March 28, 2020 at 6:37 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Well then!

Here they are, if it helps with your decision-making:

Julia Drusilla:

[Image: 8043507175_c7503de637_b.jpg]

Julia Livilla:

[Image: Bust_of_Livilla_-_Altes_Museum_-_Berlin_...y_2017.jpg]

Agrippina the Younger (Nero's mum)

[Image: 00763001.jpg]

Boru
They killed Caligula because he was Allah's first prophet (proto Muhammad) so they killed him because they thought he was crazy since he claimed to hear voices from God.

That's why Allah decided to show himself to Mohammed next, because people in rural areas of Middle East back then were on much lower state of development and haven't heard of mental illnesses yet and they believed him.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  They said, "Anthony, you gotta quit drinking." Gawdzilla Sama 5 775 March 28, 2023 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Tongue Why do you think "they" released COVID19? ignoramus 17 1142 March 28, 2020 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Why did they kill Kennedy? Fake Messiah 15 982 March 28, 2020 at 11:12 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
Thumbs Down Two Preachers Explain Why They Need Private Jets Fake Messiah 6 1045 April 9, 2016 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Did they think this through? Brian37 1 563 May 30, 2015 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  You Might Be More Atheist Than You Think If . . . . vorlon13 3 870 July 8, 2014 at 2:51 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  do you think this girl is good? Tea Earl Grey Hot 27 3869 November 26, 2013 at 10:14 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  God is dead Nasa killed him. downbeatplumb 4 2281 March 31, 2011 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels