Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The bad advice thread
The bad advice thread
Have you ever given or received bad advice?

Would you like to make up bad advice to jokingly give a person or group?

Well, this is the thread for you.

Just have some fun.

My bad (joking) advice to a nervous young school teacher on her first day at primary school: "Just picture the audience naked."

It wasn't a Catholic school so the advice was okay!

Tongue
Dying to live, living to die.
RE: The bad advice thread
I give the cousins bad advice all the time. Like "store your guns safely", "don't drive drunk", "you should drown that boy now, 'cause it ain't gonna get any better."
"Loosening the lugnuts allows your car to corner better."
(September 8, 2020 at 7:54 am)onlinebiker Wrote: "Loosening the lugnuts allows your car to corner better."

Simple circular motion is, indeed, not the best system. Popcorn
Both serious -

Worst advice I’ve ever given: ‘You’re athletic enough, so yes - I absolutely think you should take up snow skiing.’ (He broke both ankles on his first lesson.)

Worst advice I’ve ever received: ‘Slip your thumb up her bottom. Chicks love that.’ (Not all of them.)

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 8, 2020 at 8:40 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Worst advice I’ve ever received: ‘Slip your thumb up her bottom. Chicks love that.’ (Not all of them.)

Boru
Two in the pink, one in the stink. Best to ... knock ... however.
I actually have an advice on how to unwind from the daily stress, which I actually learned it from a christian.
See this is like a Christian version of transcendental meditation or kundolini yoga.

And this is not just to unwind from the daily stress but also to exercise that inner asshole. Like, I am not a christian but I do sometimes have an urge to behave like an unbeliveable asshole, which is very liberating.

So I go in front of abortion clinics, with christians, and wait until some woman gets out, and then I yell at her: "You whore! You had to fuck him, didn't you?! Couldn't you at least give him a blow job if you were so horny?! Ha?! Or use your tits as a vagina and let him fuck you in the tits and then cum all over them?! No! You had to put it in your pussy, like a dumb bitch!"

And then I go behind the dumpster, rub myself off, high-five the priest that stays there while I go away and continue with my day.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Let god take the wheel.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Lend your friends large sums of money without a second thought - they're bound to repay promptly as agreed and will be more responsible with their finances in future, inspired to good behaviour through your benevolent, trusting generosity.
I advise people not to give advice unless asked.

[Image: 58892-good-advice-is-often-a-doubtful-re...ffect-.jpg]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on how to deal with xenomorphs? BrianSoddingBoru4 13 1892 December 22, 2022 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  See, not all cops are bad. no one 1 349 September 21, 2020 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  "When in doubt".... The bad advice thread... Brian37 55 2509 March 19, 2019 at 6:32 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The bad quoting thread I_am_not_mafia 41 5559 November 16, 2018 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  This Is Not Bad For Xhristards Minimalist 0 412 November 12, 2018 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Insurance advice, asking for a friend. Brian37 2 302 September 24, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  A bad argument for God's existence (short and not worth it) Edwardo Piet 4 976 September 6, 2017 at 5:21 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  The Empire Strikes Back: A Bad Lip Reading Edwardo Piet 1 676 February 20, 2017 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Soundtrack for an election gone bad Whateverist 13 1556 November 9, 2016 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Sage advice... BrianSoddingBoru4 2 587 August 15, 2016 at 3:47 am
Last Post: Jesster