Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a Moderate Form of Political Islam?
Question 
Is there a Moderate Form of Political Islam?
   There is a very limited number of countries who are able to produce their own fighter jets. Spain, Portugal, Italy and Belgium are also using US fighter jets or Eurofighters etc. China has its J-20’s. India is working on its TEDBF fighter jets. Our fighter jet (The Kaan Fighter jet) is being compared to the Korean KAI KF-21 fighter Jet.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/turkey-very-f...00460.html

Its design is like the F-22 Raptor. Many parts including the engine is made in America. But it still seems like a versatile plane that is designed to meet our need until the 2070’s.

It’s still underdevelopment. These are prototypes. A conflictual situation with our western allies would mean that this plain would end up like Putin’s wonder weapons like the Armata of the Su-55 etc.

+ Not being kicked out of the F-35 program would have meant a fleet of F-35 (for the same price as this aircraft) and a fleet of Kaan aircraft which would have meant a better prospect in future developments in the features of this aircraft.

The reason why I am willing to relativize this would be success story is this:

We are working since 1925 (the foundation of the republic) to have a place in aviation industries. In the 80’s we even sold a whole fleet of locally assembled F-16’s to Egypt. We are also producing our own air to air, air to surface missiles etc.

Yet this Project is like the first Turk in space (that also happened in February). It’s a show of force, an attempt to influence voters with some military successes.

So my argument is:

1) Political islamists killed our officers during our war of independence. And they definitely do not like the army in general. Since 2015, we don’t have military high schools anymore. They closed them and they decimated army officers to point which we don’t have a sufficient military expertise now if a major war like Ukraine was to start in this region. They simply hate the secular structure of the armed forces.

2) They are actually selling our tank factories to gulf countries. They are like people with NPD (Narcissists): They love to be seen and admired when they seem like doing stuff. But whatever they seemingly did, it was actually done by someone else and/or in is there to hide some major failure. In this case, the fact that we were producing F-35’s with other NATO countries and we ended up not having F-35’s just for some Soviet S-400 batteries that are just sitting in some military hangar somewhere.

- So this should answer the title of this thread. There is no “moderate” political Islam more than “moderate” dictatorship or “moderate Fascism”. These are all systems that are based on lies and repression that are there to serve the ego of a limited number of people to the detriment of the remaining 99% of the population.

Explainer: The Populist Justice and Development Party (who is in power in Turkey since 2002) has always claimed to be a “moderate conservative party”. So what I mean is that existing facts do not really support these claims Smile
[Image: 7151bc275de2d3d422106a4008215efe.jpg]

RE: Is there a Moderate Form of Political Islam?
^I must have missed something. What does all the stuff about fighter jets have to do with whether there is such a thing as a politically moderate Islamist government?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I'm not impressed by the fit and finish on the TF-X. Let's hope this is only a prototype problem, 'cause you ain't getting much stealth out of countersunk phillips-heads:

[Image: n2us2ljoxm691-jpg.766332]

^That’s what the Polyfilla is for.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Being moderately islamist is akin to being moderately on fire.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Mellowing typically comes with aging. Islam is still young.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Technically, there is such a thing as moderate fascism. It’s just called conservatism.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(March 2, 2024 at 7:04 pm)Foxaèr Wrote: Mellowing typically comes with aging. Islam is still young.

If you aren’t mellowed after 14 centuries, odds are you never will be.

Boru
(March 2, 2024 at 7:13 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 2, 2024 at 7:04 pm)Foxaèr Wrote: Mellowing typically comes with aging. Islam is still young.

If you aren’t mellowed after 14 centuries, odds are you never will be.

Boru

Christianity didn't start mellowing until about the 18th century, roughly 15 centuries after it doctrinal organization, and it took the 30 Years' War to start that process, imo..

(March 2, 2024 at 7:35 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(March 2, 2024 at 7:13 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: If you aren’t mellowed after 14 centuries, odds are you never will be.

Boru

Christianity didn't start mellowing until about the 18th century, roughly 15 centuries after it doctrinal organization, and it took the 30 Years' War to start that process, imo..

Fun Fact: Islam has been around for 1445 years. You wanna know how Christianity was doing 1445 years after Christ's death? They were setting up the Spanish Inquisition.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7870 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Islam is hostile, but there is also lots of bias from muslims and bigotry aswell Rolandson 7 2463 January 22, 2017 at 11:44 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Dear Moderate Muslims YahwehIsTheWay 48 6391 June 14, 2016 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  The 'moderate' side of Islam mralstoner 23 4154 December 11, 2015 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5476 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  The Myth of the Moderate Muslim? JesusHChrist 15 4390 January 6, 2014 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: Rahul
  There are many homosexuals in Islam communities Vegamo 42 9241 December 6, 2013 at 1:22 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33860 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Moderate Islam? DeistPaladin 18 6716 October 28, 2010 at 7:16 am
Last Post: annatar