Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You shall not lie down with mankind
You shall not lie down with mankind
This is a youtube video series made by Itsthesuperfly talking about homosexuality in the bible. I seriously recommend watching it. That in the event some christian asserts the bible says homosexual behavior is wrong, you can reply to them using the bible.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ItsTheSuperF...6C98024108
undefined
RE: You shall not lie down with mankind
I would rather just say "Who gives a fuck what the bible says anyways..nobody reads that shit."

If they try to argue with me, I just ask them if they have read the bible.. the WHOLE bible.

9 times out of 10 the answer is "no", case closed, argument diverted, hopefully the idiot shuts up from embarassment, and we can all get back to work doing something productive.
(May 7, 2011 at 11:23 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: I would rather just say "Who gives a fuck what the bible says anyways..nobody reads that shit."

If they try to argue with me, I just ask them if they have read the bible.. the WHOLE bible.

9 times out of 10 the answer is "no", case closed, argument diverted, hopefully the idiot shuts up from embarassment, and we can all get back to work doing something productive.

Interestingly enough I fully agree with you, let me correct myself by saying those resources are there for anybody who wants to pawn "bible believing" Christians.
undefined
(May 7, 2011 at 11:28 pm)Atman Wrote: Interestingly enough I fully agree with you, let me correct myself by saying those resources are there for anybody who wants to pawn "bible believing" Christians.

Please dont take it as me trying to take away from your post. It is a good thing to learn this stuff to understand why it is wrong.

Ive already educated myself, and no longer find digging through the bible to be as fun as it used to be...on occasions I do...
(May 8, 2011 at 12:37 am)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Please dont take it as me trying to take away from your post. It is a good thing to learn this stuff to understand why it is wrong.

Ive already educated myself, and no longer find digging through the bible to be as fun as it used to be...on occasions I do...

I don't dig through the bible very much at all, because a lot of is not used by Christians to justify their various positions. However in this case certain verses of the bible aren't being interpreted in the way, that the authors meant it to be and that one of the causes of a problem in our society which is homophobia.

The video series in question discussed using the bible, that the bible does not specifically condemn homosexual acts or homosexuality. Quite to the contrary it celebrates the homosexual relationship between Jonathan and David. However those bible verses which many Christians proclaim when trying to justify their homophobia are infact outlawing practices which are associated with worship of gods other than Yahweh, even in the New Testament.
undefined
Well, whenever someone wants to bring up Leviticus 18:22 (as in the title of your post), I just ask them why they're not against eating shellfish, eating meat or dairy products together, wearing clothes of mixed fibers, or working on the Sabbath. All of those things are also "abominations" to God, but the only one Christians seem to focus on is the homosexuality thing.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(May 9, 2011 at 2:41 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Well, whenever someone wants to bring up Leviticus 18:22 (as in the title of your post), I just ask them why they're not against eating shellfish, eating meat or dairy products together, wearing clothes of mixed fibers, or working on the Sabbath. All of those things are also "abominations" to God, but the only one Christians seem to focus on is the homosexuality thing.

Christians would reply by quoting by the New Testament, in particular Acts 15, where the council in Jerusalem who were essentially the successors to the Apostles Jesus commissioned, decided that gentile converts only need to following the laws outlined in this quite.

Quote:Therefore I have reached the decision that we should not trouble those Gentiles who are turning to God, but we should write to them to abstain only from things polluted by idols and from fornication and from whatever has been strangled and from blood.

Also if you read certain verses of the New Testament in a quite literal way, Homosexual acts are considered fornication.
undefined
It's pretty disingenuous when Christians claim that all the Old Testament laws were "nailed to the cross" so they don't have to follow them, but they always bring out Leviticus 18:22 when they claim that God disapproves of homosexuality. They also don't seem to mind wanting to post the ten commandments everywhere, even though they're some of those Old Testament laws which would have been "nailed to the cross."

And even Jesus said that "not one jot or tittle of the old law shall pass," meaning that all the old laws still stand.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Xtians are full of shit, D-T.

I think that is the 11th commandment.
It's obvious that all Christians practice "buffet-style" Christianity because it's damn near impossible to practice everything the bible puts down as being the law of God.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christianity down, secularism up! Jehanne 37 3107 May 8, 2019 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  What does the lamb lie with? robvalue 42 2803 April 10, 2019 at 2:20 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 5862 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Would They Die for a Lie? YahwehIsTheWay 95 12673 December 27, 2018 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Too Soon For a Lie YahwehIsTheWay 14 2623 December 5, 2018 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  The Lie Known as "Salvation" Haipule 59 8267 June 12, 2018 at 3:35 am
Last Post: Haipule
  Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep vorlon13 5 990 April 29, 2018 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Here's Why The US is Going Right Down The Shitter Minimalist 18 5059 August 2, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Everything I know is a lie! godlessheatheness 31 6545 April 6, 2017 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  William Craig caught in a lie. Jehanne 23 4889 January 7, 2017 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Jehanne