Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the size of your vocabulary?
What is the size of your vocabulary?
Fun little test;

http://testyourvocab.com/

Your total vocabulary size is estimated to be:
words
RE: What is the size of your vocabulary?
Damn, I got a meager 18,400 words.

Me is ignorant.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

What's another word for disappointed? Sad
"Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude." - Arthur Schopenhauer
Wow... 11,300?! Unpossible!
English isn't my native language.
Quote:"I think it's perfectly possible to explain how the universe came about without bringing God into it, but I don't know everything, and there may well be a God somewhere, hiding away. Actually, if he is keeping out of sight, it's because he's ashamed of his followers and all the cruelty and ignorance they're responsible for promoting in his name. If I were him, I'd want nothing to do with them."
— Philip Pullman
I don't think there is a single word for it... perhaps "thwarted", though it doesn't succinctly imply a negative emotional reaction.

Where's Shell? If she doesn't get at least 40,000 I'll be disappointed Smile
(July 17, 2011 at 7:11 am)CharlieMilles Wrote: What's another word for disappointed? Sad

How about disheartened?
Quote:"I think it's perfectly possible to explain how the universe came about without bringing God into it, but I don't know everything, and there may well be a God somewhere, hiding away. Actually, if he is keeping out of sight, it's because he's ashamed of his followers and all the cruelty and ignorance they're responsible for promoting in his name. If I were him, I'd want nothing to do with them."
— Philip Pullman
Your total vocabulary size is estimated to be:
words

Need to read more..
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
32,800 is the estimate for me.
(engage smug mode)

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(July 17, 2011 at 8:17 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: 32,800 is the estimate for me.
(engage smug mode)

With that vocabulary one would think you could muster up a better word than smug.[/jealousy]
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What’s your age and butt size J a c k 52 4943 January 27, 2018 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  What's y'all's boob size... c172 40 4033 November 27, 2017 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What is your weight and waist size? ErGingerbreadMandude 52 7823 November 26, 2017 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  The Severely Limited Vocabulary of the Current Generation RonaldReagansGhost666 38 11581 March 21, 2013 at 2:39 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko