Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is God a white Republican?
Is God a white Republican?
Or how do you see God? If you're an Atheist than how do you see God portrayed by people who believe in Him? What words would you use to describe the concept of God that you've seen people put forth?

I'm the kind of person who's had conversations with almost every kind of Christian, and I've seen some really messed up ways that people represent God. Usually when I talk to atheists they would first of all like to clarify that God is a fairy tale, and then go on to describe how God is a concept people use for their own purposes, and He's usually ends up sounding like a jerk. Agnostics have mentioned to me more than once that they object to any "God" that controls people through guilt and shame. I always reply, "I totally agree with you." Because that's not the image of God I have at all.

If you want to see what the inside of my head looks like (on this issue) watch this: http://youtu.be/-WybvhRu9KU

I'm just interested to see the different ideas people have of God. Thanks so much to everybody who responds! Let me know what you think of the video too. Great to be back after traveling for the summer, I'm having fun already guys and girls!
RE: Is God a white Republican?
God is the angry alpha male that tribal primates are evolutionarily programmed to follow.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
If triangles made a god they would give him three sides."

- Baron de Montesquieu
(July 19, 2011 at 2:50 pm)Minimalist Wrote: If triangles made a god they would give him three sides."

- Baron de Montesquieu

So what made Jesus christ must have been a bunch of sickos who imagined screwing their own mothers so their mothers can give them birth.

God is omniscient, omnipresent, looks like a human, is nothing like a human, wants you to kill his enemies, loves you, condemns you, hates Jews, Muslims, Christians, loves Jews, Muslims, Christians, talks through burning bushes, lives on a cloud, can't be understood, hates sex, loves every sperm, wants you to sing hymns, wants you to pray so that the world hears, wants you to pray in private, wants you to pray on your knees, with your palms together, facing south, north, east or west, likes virgins, hates women, loves men, hates men, loves women, doesn't want you to judge, allows you to be biased, created the world in seven days, works in mysterious ways, loves children, let parents beat the crap out of children, collects pairs of animals, loathes dinosaurs, tests your faith, loves only you, loves you as long as you love him, likes devastation, is the opposite of the devil, can be found anywhere and nowhere...

Do I really need to go on?
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Christians regularly tell me men are made in god's image. Looking at human history, there's not a lot of hope for the celestial old bean!
[Image: bloodyheretic.png]

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
Einstein

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down happy. They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life.

- John Lennon
God is a reflection of whoever is describing him. He hates, loves, and believes in all of the same things of the delusional person imagining him. Min.'s signature does a good job of stating this.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(July 19, 2011 at 3:16 pm)BloodyHeretic Wrote: Christians regularly tell me men are made in god's image.

Some are.

[Image: rednecks.jpg]
Quote:Is God a white Republican?
Yes, yes she is. And she can see the world from her back porch.
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
No god is a Iron Age Canaanite.
undefined

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just how pervasive is white supremacy among Christians? Whateverist 36 3999 August 20, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  So Bible rules don't apply to rich white people Fake Messiah 42 11044 March 19, 2018 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Dafuq ? Jesus ain't WHITE ? vorlon13 30 5980 December 14, 2015 at 3:48 am
Last Post: Heat
  Did your church use pictures of a white european jesus? Brakeman 46 7972 February 27, 2015 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Oklahoma Republican wants to make secular marriage impossible. Esquilax 82 21546 February 6, 2015 at 3:42 am
Last Post: robvalue
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12241 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  Christian = Republican? Jacob(smooth) 34 9543 December 11, 2013 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Will Jesus return on a white horse? RichardP 182 62105 January 18, 2013 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Nine
  Is black (or white) magic real? Darkstar 18 7915 December 31, 2012 at 3:56 am
Last Post: Mark 13:13
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6670 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad