Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NAMBLA is real?!!?!?
NAMBLA is real?!!?!?
So I was talking with a christian friend of mine about homosexuality and how I saw no problem with it because it did not hurt anyone. He went on to say that in that case was I ok with man boy love. Nambla. I thought he was kidding but then he went on the cite a study that says child and adult sex is not harmful http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/archive...g/09081407
My question to you is how do I respond to this? It actually kinda makes sense to me. I know adult and child sex is wrong, but why? What separates that from homosexuality? I know it seems obvious but how exactly should I handle this.
If I die and god is real, im so screwed.
RE: NAMBLA is real?!!?!?
Pedophilia =/= homosexuality

Plain and simple.

Edit: the ability to consent is the key. A child is not mature enough to do so.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(September 12, 2011 at 5:06 pm)FaithNoMore Wrote: Pedophilia =/= homosexuality

Plain and simple.

But why? Simply because it disgusts us? I just know how he will respond to that.
Sorry, I realized after I posted that I didn't address that question. The reason is that a child is not emotionally capable of understanding and dealing with sexual intercourse. They are unprepared for the feelings that come with the intrusion of their physical and emotional self. This can cause trauma and a whole host of problems such as sexual confusion at a later age.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Yeah i would agree but he got me by quoting that dumbass study with the scientists saying there was nothing damaging about it.
Don't let some asshat cherry pick whatever the hell he can google, he's going to do enough of that with his own scripture. You don't need the heartache. Ask him what the bible says about pedophilia. (hint: it doesn't, too busy rambling on about fags and poly-blend shirts)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Remind the asshole that protestants are just as guilty as catholic fucks when it comes to molesting children.

http://www.reformation.com/CSA/variousabuse.html
(September 12, 2011 at 5:01 pm)searchingforanswers Wrote: So I was talking with a christian friend of mine about homosexuality and how I saw no problem with it because it did not hurt anyone. He went on to say that in that case was I ok with man boy love. Nambla. I thought he was kidding but then he went on the cite a study that says child and adult sex is not harmful http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/archive...g/09081407
My question to you is how do I respond to this? It actually kinda makes sense to me. I know adult and child sex is wrong, but why? What separates that from homosexuality? I know it seems obvious but how exactly should I handle this.

In the animal world, all is good. There is no right and wrong. In 'civilized' society, established morals define right and wrong. The bible is full of "adult-child sex". Society's morals change from generation to generation. We can look back in history and cringe at their moral ineptitude, just as future generations will look back on us and cringe. I am sure that if we could see into the future, we would cringe at their morals.

Your statement, "I saw no problem with it because it did not hurt anyone", relating to homosexuality is only subjective. If one were to investigate every homosexual encounter, one would find an abundance of harm. Albeit most would stem from morals and ethics of a personal nature, a lot of these encounters evolve into psychological manifestations and physical harm both to the parties involved and to the surrounding community, be it family, friends, work, etc.

All sex of any type has layers and layers of stigma, morals, laws, beliefs, etc, attached to it and that will never change until mankind comes to grip with itself and mellows out. Try walking down the street in your 'birthday suit', who does that harm? It will get attention though.

So, how do you respond? You could be honest, you could answer citing laws, you could cite community morals or just back off because they are not going to use logic or reason anyway.

There is a good chance that I might get flamed by some on this response. We just cannot make everyone happy under every circumstance.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(September 12, 2011 at 5:08 pm)searchingforanswers Wrote:
(September 12, 2011 at 5:06 pm)FaithNoMore Wrote: Pedophilia =/= homosexuality

Plain and simple.

But why? Simply because it disgusts us? I just know how he will respond to that.

That is reason enough for a powerful taboo,and enough for me.

The next reason is the child is objectified and is essentially raped,not being old enough to give informed consent.

The purely pragmatic reasons is that sex with pre pubescent children has no survival value. IE there can be no offspring.

Adult- adolescent sex is another matter entirely. Rules vary between cultures and are absent in some .In most societies (including ours) the traditional age of consent has been menarche.

PS studies show that most paedophiles are not homosexual.As is common,your Christian apologist friend is an ignoramus. Tiger
Yeah, I remember someone saying that NAMBLA was real... However, now that I think about it, i think that was the episode commentary on the South park episode...
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why real Islam and real Muslims are Evil? A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 26 2976 April 8, 2016 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: abaris
  How to fix the US. Real things real citizens can do. paintpooper 21 4426 April 24, 2011 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist