Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Just Got Saved!
I Just Got Saved!
yeah right people. You awtto know me better than that!

I was outside the bar smoking a cigarette when an old friend of mine happened by.
I exchanged warm hellos and I asked him how he'd been and what he'd been up to as it had been a few years since I saw him. (We used to hang out and drink and smoke down back in the day.)

He immediately responded with a hearty, "I just got saved!"

I of course, sank a bit, knowing what he meant - and asked with a Facepalm what HE meant? (already knowing the answer)

He says, "you know - I accepted Jesus Christ and became a christian"

All I could think to ask him was, "WHY?"

He said, "because man, I'm a sinner and I want to be forgiven - and I want to go to heaven when I die."

Me: "But we had many discussions about the ridiculousness of the Bible - what happened? You always seemed to have your head on straight."

Him: "Now it's better man. I'm still me, I just want to serve the lord now." "In fact, I'm thinking that it's not coincidence that I ran into you tonight. We should go somewhere and talk."

Me: "Sorry man, the best thing I ever did in life was get rid of that stupid religion and that silly book of lies, and start thinking for myself. I'm not about to put the chains back on and start worshiping a sadistic god that loves himself more than he could love any of us."

At this point, I don't remember exactly where the conversation went, but it was short-lived and we parted ways with a friendly handshake.

I found it interesting, that already, he was chalking up the random meeting of an old friend to some predestined meeting set up by god. People see what they want to see. Damn shame. He was a good guy who got sucked in somehow.

[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: I Just Got Saved!
There is no way that dude was ever sincere about his shared disdain for the bible. I don't see how anyone could go from thinking to not thinking without a serious brain injury. It's just unfathomable.

He's a doucher.

(September 14, 2011 at 12:07 am)aleialoura Wrote: There is no way that dude was ever sincere about his shared disdain for the bible.

that may be true. He never did claim to be an atheist (or anything for that matter) - as I recall, when asked he would just respond with, "I'm not religious"

Dunno

Could be a tumor growing. Or a minor stroke. They cause personality disorders to develop.

He should see a doctor.
Could be min. lol

Maybe he doesn't realize that an immortal being isn't really sacrificing anything...

[Image: Faker.jpg]

[Image: greatfuckignidea.jpg]
post deleted
undefined
(September 13, 2011 at 11:40 pm)Cinjin Wrote: People see what they want to see.

Sadly. Those who call themselves "saved" see things as predestined by a higher being.

There's a word for things that happen. It's called a coincidence.
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
[Image: jesussaves-large-1.jpg]

But Satan scores on the rebound!
Quote:There is no way that dude was ever sincere about his shared disdain for the bible.

No true Scotsman,plus you have no way of knowing such a thing.

[Image: image060.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do I need to be saved? zwanzig 15 1134 August 3, 2023 at 11:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Have you got some kind of Christian backgound? Dundee 25 3595 April 15, 2020 at 9:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Consecrated virgins: 'I got married to Christ' zebo-the-fat 11 2020 December 7, 2018 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  How Can I Get Saved? Rhondazvous 63 15667 June 25, 2017 at 2:32 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance? Simon Moon 294 34451 July 2, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  They Finally Got It Right....Because of a Bigot. Minimalist 9 3299 August 7, 2015 at 2:07 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Anyone got a comment for this..? dyresand 85 9175 March 30, 2015 at 12:18 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Why has this guy got credence? lifesagift 5 1309 October 30, 2014 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Stupidity: Just got my bell RUNG! BlackSwordsman 2 1185 May 29, 2014 at 7:31 am
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  What Do I need Saved From? themonkeyman 39 8812 April 28, 2014 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Tonus