Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The only thing greater than God.

Man.

Religion and God were invented to free man. Not enslave him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXQDa7GzPYw

This man is showing God the only thing greater than God. A human being.
Man is God's evolutionary Master. We brought him from barbarism to civilization.

Without Us, there is no God. Man is who gives God life. The concept, the reality, the imaginary reality, useless and useful speculation of God, all will have been like they never here without man.

God is man’s creation, be it the word itself or the concept or WORD as some believers say it.
To our knowledge, there are no other intelligences able to speculate or have any kind of notion of God as a concept, reality or myth.

Animals know their God. God as their perfect example and role model that is.
It is always one of their own.
I do not think that they have the ability to assign moral values to it.
Only Mankind can do such with our higher intellect.

God is in our image and we in his.
Without man, God dies because he can only live within the consciousness of man.
This is irrefutable at this point in time. God may be the one we put as head but without the body Man, he ceases to be. Him and all notions of a God.

Religions have denied Man his heritage by having us forget that we choose God. He does not choose us. When will you people recognize that you are WsIP--WorksInProgress-- junior gods and part of your duty to yourself and mankind is to elect yourselves a new and true God.

How will you know he is a true God ?
You will name him so and give him power and dominion over the only thing greater than himself. Yourself.

God is dead. Long live God.
A man.

Regards
DL

P. S.
First step.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU
RE: The only thing greater than God.
"Lord, we cleared this land, we plowed it, sowed and harvested it, and we cooked the harvest; it wouldn't be here and we wouldn't be eating it if we hadn't done it ourselves. We worked dog-bone hard for every crumb and morsel, but we thank the Lord just the same for the food we're about to eat. Amen."
- Mr. Anderson (Jimmy Stewart), "Shenandoah"
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Do enjoy Joseph Campbell, guys a good storyteller.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 25, 2011 at 7:07 pm)Stimbo Wrote: "Lord, we cleared this land, we plowed it, sowed and harvested it, and we cooked the harvest; it wouldn't be here and we wouldn't be eating it if we hadn't done it ourselves. We worked dog-bone hard for every crumb and morsel, but we thank the Lord just the same for the food we're about to eat. Amen."

"God" is like a corporate VP...always stepping in to claim credit for what works and no where to be found when the shit hits the fan.
(October 25, 2011 at 7:22 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(October 25, 2011 at 7:07 pm)Stimbo Wrote: "Lord, we cleared this land, we plowed it, sowed and harvested it, and we cooked the harvest; it wouldn't be here and we wouldn't be eating it if we hadn't done it ourselves. We worked dog-bone hard for every crumb and morsel, but we thank the Lord just the same for the food we're about to eat. Amen."

"God" is like a corporate VP...always stepping in to claim credit for what works and no where to be found when the shit hits the fan.

Welcome to the British Civil Service!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Welcome to any bureaucracy!
Quote:The only thing greater than God.

Yes! it's the Only Thing Greater Than God Sale!

We've got giant TVs, minuscule prices and you can touch our stuff, ye test the remote, we won't call you a doubter.

There'll be a sausage sizzle running all weekend, don't worry we wont run out of bread, we know how to cater.
And there's a voucher for a free box of wine with every 3D television, delivery same day!
Beat that god.
[Image: YgZ8E.png]
(October 26, 2011 at 9:00 am)The Magic Pudding Wrote:
Quote:The only thing greater than God.

Yes! it's the Only Thing Greater Than God Sale!

We've got giant TVs, minuscule prices and you can touch our stuff, ye test the remote, we won't call you a doubter.

There'll be a sausage sizzle running all weekend, don't worry we wont run out of bread, we know how to cater.
And there's a voucher for a free box of wine with every 3D television, delivery same day!
Beat that god.

I'll take four!! Big Grin

Ta muchly!!.... yeah I'm only here for the wine ! Angel Cloud
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13193 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
Thumbs Down The story of Noah' s Ark - or - God is dumber than you. onlinebiker 75 6954 September 24, 2021 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Good Christians only may answer... Gawdzilla Sama 58 10144 September 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  The believer seems to know god better than he knows himself Foxaèr 43 8122 June 2, 2018 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  So, are the Boils of Egypt still a 'thing' ?? vorlon13 26 5596 May 8, 2018 at 1:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  So It Seems That This Jesus Freak Corporation's Religious Beliefs Only Go So Far Minimalist 11 2169 July 6, 2017 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  There are ONLY two types of Christians! 21stCenturyIconoclast! 60 13756 June 22, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hi, I would like to tell you about Jesus Christ, the only way to God JacquelineDeane55 78 21039 June 10, 2017 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Why did god only make exactly the number of talking animals that he needed? godlessheatheness 41 8558 March 26, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  CHRISTIANS, you only have 3 days left to get rid of your XMAS TREE! 21stCenturyIconoclast 22 4212 December 24, 2016 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: 21stCenturyIconoclast