Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask a Mortician
Wink 
Ask a Mortician
I am a person who is intrigued by death. Some call it morbid or creepy, but I think it's 100% human, so I don't beat myself up about it.

Anyway, I found this cool ass video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...TCg6PGaOkM#!

Hope she makes more!

RE: Ask a Mortician
Alei, work at a nursing home, there is plenty of that for every one to go around Wink

But no, I agree with you. Death is the only thing that is certain in this world, so why not know as much as possible about it? Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Maybe I have found a new direction?? Smile Heart it!!
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Haha! Big Grin

She's as sexy as Morticia Adams.
Ask a Mortician
Death and taxes. And death you only have to do once.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Thanks for posting this, Alei! I've often thought of becoming a mortician. I share your fascination of death and dying. People go nuts over babies being born, why not death as well? It is just as natural.
That will never hold up in court...
My favorite mortician joke:

Quote:A mortician was working late one night. He examined the body of Mr. Schwartz, about to be cremated, and made a startling discovery. Schwartz had the largest penis he had ever seen!

"I'm sorry Mr. Schwartz," the mortician commented, "I can't allow you to be cremated with such an impressive penis. It must be saved for posterity." So, he removed it, stuffed it into his briefcase, and took it home.

"I have something to show you won't believe," he said to his wife, opening his briefcase.

"Oh my God!" the wife exclaimed, "Schwartz is dead!"
As it turns out, my sister-in-law-law is a mortician.Their gimmick;they're called 'White Ladies'. No men and they wear white outfits with broad brimmed navy blue hats.No male morticians means no Muslim funerals.

I once mentioned my fear of premature burial.

Her response; "Ah,don't worry about that. If you're not dead when you arrive, you bloody well are by the time we're finished with you" For some strange reason, I didn't find that terribly reassuring. Thinking

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ask a turtely turtle/Ask Evie Edwardo Piet 5 1727 December 19, 2015 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet