Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 4:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the hammer of homosexuality
RE: the hammer of homosexuality
(October 22, 2015 at 12:26 pm)Divinity Wrote:
(October 22, 2015 at 12:17 pm)Drich Wrote: Good NEWS Everyone!

He (Jesus Did!) He said in Mat 5:
27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You must not commit adultery.’[b] 28 But I tell you that if a man looks at a woman and wants to sin sexually with her, he has already committed that sin with her in his mind.

Keep in mind Jesus not only support the OT view on sex outside of marriage He takes it a step further, and even forbad it in the mind. Which means the Only Sex one can have is in the confines of a sanctified marriage. which means ALL Other Forms of Sex (this includes Homosexual sex) have been forbidden!

You missed my fucking point by a mile.  Jesus didn't write the fucking bible.  He didn't write a goddamn thing.  So how the fuck do you know what he said, other than that the Bible said that he did?  The bible is full of bullshit, and there's no reason to believe a word of it.

How do you know Jesus didn't write anything?

The proof in the bible can be found the same way as the 'proof' in any other set of instructions. Not in debate or speculation, but in the following of said instructions to the promised end.

If you had a set of instructions on how to build a time machine, is the proof of said time machine found in debate or speculation or is it found in the carful building and actual testing the results of said machine?

The same is true here. The proof of the bible is not found in debate or speculation but in the full fillment of the promises contain with in.
(October 22, 2015 at 12:47 pm)KevinM1 Wrote:
(October 22, 2015 at 8:42 am)robvalue Wrote: If we haven't been given free will, it gets even more retarded. God makes things have a purpose, then doesn't allow us to choose whether or not to use them for that purpose. Since we have no input, unless he's constantly surprised by what happens, he knew all along whether or not we'd use things for their purpose.

We're a puppet show that he's made self aware. Once the show is over he punishes some of the puppets for things they had no say in.

What a dick. And by the same argument, he's designed me to think he's a vile monster. He's made me write this, saying what a lunatic he is. And then he'll punish me for his decision. There's no point preaching to me either since I have no decisions to make; although people don't have the choice whether to preach or not either.

What a bizarre belief system.

It's almost like he's a crude anthropomorphic creature created by ancients in order to give an explanation for things they didn't really understand....

Somewhat related:

[Image: 10537036_1068262896539373_12199105079025...e=568BE036]

And if the bible does not say He is all loving and all forgiving?
The bible does not say God is All loving. Matter of fact their is a list of those in whom God flat out hates. The bible also never says God is all forgiving. John 3:16 even says forgivness is conditional "That who so ever BELIEVES Shalll not Perish.." Belief is said condition to God's boundless love.

It's funny how your 'logic' only works on the strawmen you build yourself...
(October 22, 2015 at 12:55 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:
(October 22, 2015 at 12:47 pm)KevinM1 Wrote:

This won't make an impression on Drich since he's stated many times that God does not love everyone and that his forgiveness is conditional. 

I'm curious to see whether having sex with my wife is a sin since our wedding wasn't "sanctified" in a church but was done in a JP's office. And if my civil marriage somehow absolves me of sexual sin when we make love, then why does that absolution not also apply to legally married gays and lesbians?

And if making love to my wife is sexual sin, then fuck Jesus raw.

As I believe Rocket man said their is a difference between a marriage and a ceremony. (He was right about that) What happens in a church is a ceremony and is not a requirement of a sanctified marriage. 1cor 7 (the whole chapter) gives a full list of the martial requirements.
(October 22, 2015 at 1:54 pm)Drich Wrote: How do you know Jesus didn't write anything?

The proof in the bible can be found the same way as the 'proof' in any other set of instructions. Not in debate or speculation, but in the following of said instructions to the promised end.

If you had a set of instructions on how to build a time machine, is the proof of said time machine found in debate or speculation or is it found in the carful building and actual testing the results of said machine?

The same is true here. The proof of the bible is not found in debate or speculation but in the full fillment of the promises contain with in.

Provide writings of Jesus, and I'll say he wrote something.  Pretty simple really.  He didn't write the bible, that much is clear.

So basically you won't know for sure if the bible is true or not until you die.  Which mean until then it's worth no more than any other book such as the Quran, Dianetics, or the Mormon Bible.  That's not a book inspired by god.  If god wanted people to live by certain rules he'd have been a lot more fucking clear.
Since you can just make up whatever stuff you want and still be a Christian, this seems to me like the roughest arrangement there could possibly be. It makes Yahweh look even more ridiculous, petty and evil than the free will versions. I really have trouble seeing what anyone gets out of sticking all their chips on this. It doesn't sound even slightly comforting, it sounds eternally depressing as hell. Maybe people want to feel like they are totally under the thumb of a maniac. Since there's just as little evidence for this version as any other, it seems a weird one to land on.

But then from the outside, it all seems bonkers so what do I know?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(October 22, 2015 at 1:54 pm)Drich Wrote: The proof in the bible can be found the same way as the 'proof' in any other set of instructions.

That is akin to stating that the proof of spider-man's existence can be found in a spider-man comic.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 22, 2015 at 2:00 pm)Drich Wrote:
(October 22, 2015 at 12:47 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: It's almost like he's a crude anthropomorphic creature created by ancients in order to give an explanation for things they didn't really understand....

Somewhat related:

The bible does not say God is All loving. Matter of fact their is a list of those in whom God flat out hates. The bible also never says God is all forgiving. John 3:16 even says forgivness is conditional "That who so ever BELIEVES Shalll not Perish.." Belief is said condition to God's boundless love.

Emphasis mine.

You're not very bright, are you?
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(October 22, 2015 at 3:24 pm)Kitan Wrote: That is akin to stating that the proof of spider-man's existence can be found in a spider-man comic.

I think you're missing what he's saying.

It's like Ikea Instructions.  It doesn't make any fucking sense, but apparently if you connect part C to Part G with Tool F and then rotate in reverse part L, you'll end up with a chair.

The main difference is with Ikea instructions you'll inevitably call someone who already put one together and they'll come over and you'll see the chair.  With the bible you won't see the results until after you're dead, and even then you're not really fucking sure about it.  Especially since like Ikea instructions they're confusing, stupid, and written by somebody who has no fucking clue how a human being thinks.
(October 22, 2015 at 2:00 pm)Drich Wrote:
(October 22, 2015 at 12:47 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: It's almost like he's a crude anthropomorphic creature created by ancients in order to give an explanation for things they didn't really understand....

Somewhat related:

Because HE CREATED HELL YOU NIMROD, HE ALLOWS SUFFERING TO EXIST THERE FOR HE ISN'T ALL lOVING! that is all. 
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(October 22, 2015 at 3:30 pm)Divinity Wrote:
(October 22, 2015 at 3:24 pm)Kitan Wrote: That is akin to stating that the proof of spider-man's existence can be found in a spider-man comic.

I think you're missing what he's saying.

It's like Ikea Instructions.  It doesn't make any fucking sense, but apparently if you connect part C to Part G with Tool F and then rotate in reverse part L, you'll end up with a chair.

The main difference is with Ikea instructions you'll inevitably call someone who already put one together and they'll come over and you'll see the chair.  With the bible you won't see the results until after you're dead, and even then you're not really fucking sure about it.  Especially since like Ikea instructions they're confusing, stupid, and written by somebody who has no fucking clue how a human being thinks.

Except with christianity mind you the bible is scientifically wrong and historically wrong and probably more than likely wrong about a god and after life.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  German bishops agree with scientists: homosexuality is normal Fake Messiah 21 2858 January 21, 2020 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  The Bible condemns homosexuality. Jehanne 190 29271 May 2, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Homosexuality degenerates Safirno 83 10050 July 9, 2016 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Is Christianity against homosexuality? 123abc 60 10771 October 10, 2015 at 8:17 am
Last Post: robvalue
  HOMOSEXUALITY IS A 'SIN' BigGiantPorky 98 21188 August 1, 2015 at 10:58 am
Last Post: dyresand
  On the subject of homosexuality... Boris Karloff 42 10928 January 20, 2014 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  A wonderful response to biblical objections to homosexuality. Esquilax 22 7050 January 20, 2014 at 2:34 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Bashing Homosexuality and Everyone is Behind Him Yahweh 3 2094 December 25, 2013 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Yahweh
  Homosexuality is a sin? Well, Xtians, what about these other 76 things? Creed of Heresy 96 33206 May 28, 2013 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Why Homosexuality is Okay Erinome 92 36764 January 21, 2012 at 5:55 pm
Last Post: I_Am_Death