Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 1:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the hammer of homosexuality
RE: the hammer of homosexuality
Pretty sure Ikea's instructions are Historically and Scientifically wrong too.
At least they refer to real objects... most of the time.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(October 22, 2015 at 4:25 pm)Divinity Wrote: Pretty sure Ikea's instructions are Historically and Scientifically wrong too.

At least Ikea's instructions  are based in reality of how to build your shelf and or furniture.
Also engineering is a type of science it is the application of science mathematics and problem solving
and you use that to build said thing in the instructions. Not to mention to also take into account that
careful measurements were  made in making the pieces in their factory as well so again engineering science, and again
Ikea instruction manual it is scientifically accurate. So there a Ikea instruction manual still more valid than the
bible since well it's based in reality and about thing's that exist.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
this is some thread.
Yahweh: I'm going to make a rule against Homosexuality.

Metatron: Oh good. Yes. Probably for the best. You want them to procreate afterall. So you're going to not create homosexual feelings then?

Yahweh: Oh no. That'd be going against Free Will.

Metatron: Right... so you want me to tell Adam?

Yahweh: Oh, no. I think I'll wait a few thousand years. Just keep it simple for Adam. No eating from the tree of knowledge. I'll throw in a snake that can talk just to confuse him, and if he gets past that...

Metatron: Good idea, Sir! Wait a few thousand years, and then tell everyone in every culture that homosexuality is a sin. That way they'll know for sure.

Yahweh: Don't be ridiculous! Do you know how much work that would be. It took me six days to create the world. No, I'm just going to choose one civilization several thousand years from now, and tell THEM.

Metatron: Oh, might I suggest the Egyptians, sir? Or the Chinese? Maybe the Greeks or the Romans.

Yahweh: Nah. I'm going to tell the Hebrews.

Metatron: The who...?

Yahweh: Hebrews.

Metatron: Right. So I suppose you'll be choosing the wisest of all men to tell this to?

Yahweh: Nah. I'm going to pick a crazy guy and tell him to kill his son, then tell him I was only testing him. Once he believes that he'll believe anything.

Metatron: And you're going to have this guy... write your lawS?

Yahweh: No!

Metatron: Oh phew, I was a little worried for a moment. I mean I know you are God and all...

Yahweh: I'm going to wait a couple of generations and then tell his great grandson Moses, who will be an Egyptian Slave.

Metatron: Right... Right... uhh... maybe we could skip over the whole slavery thing? I mean they are your chosen people, and how would it look if they were slaves?

Yahweh: Well I'm planning on saving them! What kind of deity do you take me for? I want them to be indebted to me for all eternity. So I'll save them, and then give them rules to live their life by. I'm thinking ten laws.

Metatron: And I take it homosexuality will be one of those laws?

Yahweh: Nah. I'm going to devote a couple to how they worship me, and then just let Levitical law take care of the icky gay sex. Besides, they'll lose the first set of commandments, then I'll give them another entirely different set. I'll throw in something about not boiling a kid in it's mother's milk. That's just awful.

Metatron: ...and these Hebrews... they're a small portion of the population, no?

Yahweh: Yeah, but I gotta make sure these guys REALLY love me. I'll toss in a few rules, talk about not eating shellfish more than homosexuality, but still talk about homosexuality as an abomination so they do know it. But I don't want to make a big deal of it or anything. Still, it's a big sin.

Metatron: Right. Right. But do you think it's enough?

Yahweh: You're right. Don't worry, i've got plan B. I'm going to send myself down there to explain my laws.

Metatron: Oh phew! For a moment there. Wow. That's genius. And when you're down there you're going to tell the Chinese, the Africans, the Native Americans, the Greeks, and the Romans and you're going to visit all the cultures of the world so that nobody can doubt that your word is actually the word of god. Wow, brilliant sir, if I may say so.

Yahweh: Nah, I'm just going to appear to one group.

Metatron: The Romans then? Or maybe the Greeks? I suggest Romans. Though they do have this thing about hanging people on crosses... a bit disturbing really.

Yahweh: Actually I'm just going to appear to the Hebrews again. I really like Hebrews. I'm going down there as my son unverifably born of a virgin and perform a few unverifable miracles and leave almost no trace of my existence relying on my disciples to spread the word and doing so accurately.

Metatron: ...Ahh.. Right. Of course.

Yahweh: But the thing about crosses? That sounds awesome. So I'm going to sacrifice myself to myself to save everybody.

Metatron: O...Kay. And that's when you're going to talk about the evils of slavery? End oppression of women? Give them the miracles of medicine?

Yahweh: Nah. There's nothing wrong with slavery. It's not a sin! Geez. Slave Owners aren't bad people, but homosexuals are. Rapists are okay too, so long as they pay for their victims virginity. Women are property after all. Going to make sure that my disciples know that. I won't have any women teaching in my church, especially after Eve eats that apple. And as for medicine, well... that's just asking too much if you ask me. I can't give them everything.

Metatron: ...you know, I'm starting to see why Lucifer fell.
And everyone, please imagine Alan Rickman's voice (Serverus Snape) doing the Metatron part.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Very nice! Hugo and Jake should read that one, in their "Bible conversations that must have happened" video series Smile

Stop...

Hammer time!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Cecelia - you wrote that?
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Yeah, I wrote that. Probably borrowed some ideas from darkmatter and others though.
(October 22, 2015 at 8:58 pm)Cecelia Wrote: Yeah, I wrote that.  Probably borrowed some ideas from darkmatter and others though.

Heh... I was asking because I was going to suggest you send it to Darkmatter!  Big Grin
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  German bishops agree with scientists: homosexuality is normal Fake Messiah 21 2858 January 21, 2020 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  The Bible condemns homosexuality. Jehanne 190 29271 May 2, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Homosexuality degenerates Safirno 83 10050 July 9, 2016 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Is Christianity against homosexuality? 123abc 60 10770 October 10, 2015 at 8:17 am
Last Post: robvalue
  HOMOSEXUALITY IS A 'SIN' BigGiantPorky 98 21188 August 1, 2015 at 10:58 am
Last Post: dyresand
  On the subject of homosexuality... Boris Karloff 42 10928 January 20, 2014 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  A wonderful response to biblical objections to homosexuality. Esquilax 22 7050 January 20, 2014 at 2:34 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Bashing Homosexuality and Everyone is Behind Him Yahweh 3 2094 December 25, 2013 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Yahweh
  Homosexuality is a sin? Well, Xtians, what about these other 76 things? Creed of Heresy 96 33206 May 28, 2013 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Why Homosexuality is Okay Erinome 92 36764 January 21, 2012 at 5:55 pm
Last Post: I_Am_Death