Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 25, 2024, 1:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Rebuttal to Dawkins Argument
RE: My Rebuttal to Dawkins Argument
Dumbass doesn't even know greek.
(December 31, 2015 at 9:36 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(December 31, 2015 at 9:00 am)Nay_Sayer Wrote: I have a masters in philosophy, I got it delivered to me by the mighty FSM during a tantric mediation session.

Very well son.
So the meaning of philosophy is............?  Worship

Obey FSM at all times, Then all is understood.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(December 31, 2015 at 9:41 am)LastPoet Wrote: Dumbass doesn't even know greek.

Nor do I, it's all Greek to me. I mean, I don't speak Welsh. What do you think I am? Russian?
(December 31, 2015 at 9:36 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(December 31, 2015 at 9:00 am)Nay_Sayer Wrote: I have a masters in philosophy, I got it delivered to me by the mighty FSM during a tantric mediation session.

Very well son.

It's the top of a cereal box.

(December 31, 2015 at 9:41 am)LastPoet Wrote: Dumbass doesn't even know greek.

Dumbass?
You mean those idiots that write greek instead of Greek?  Wink
(January 1, 2016 at 3:44 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(December 31, 2015 at 9:36 am)Little Rik Wrote: Very well son.

It's the top of a cereal box.

Gee, now is all clear.
I have been thinking and thinking day and night how you guys got such a big reputation on this forum.
Now i know.
It is by giving idiotic answers that you get such a big reputation.
Gee, i never thought about it?  I'm all ears!
(January 1, 2016 at 5:50 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(January 1, 2016 at 3:44 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: It's the top of a cereal box.

Gee, now is all clear.
I have been thinking and thinking day and night how you guys got such a big reputation on this forum.
Now i know.

Someone missed a cultural reference. But to be honest, if you think I'm an idiot, I'm probably doing something right; your opinion is worth every penny I paid for it.

(January 1, 2016 at 5:50 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(January 1, 2016 at 3:44 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: It's the top of a cereal box.

Gee, now is all clear.
Now i know.

It's safe to say that this thread is going to continue for another 10000 pages of babble now.  The thread really should have ended once the guy who started it didn't reply.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Mohammed - Muslim and Proud Wrote:Hello, 

Greetings to you brothers and sisters in humanity,

I would like to refute Richard Dawkins argument " If God created man, then who created God? "

The answer to this question is very simple, and I would like to discuss it in detail:

1. The Creator is called The Creator, so how can the Creator have a creator if he is The Creator?

2. The question can be turned around, which will allow me to ask: " If the universe created man, then who created the universe? "

3. Only do things in our galaxy and universe and space-time, require a creator. God is obviously out of space and time, and the galaxy and universe, in another dimension, in which we do not understand.

4. This is like saying that an explanation requires an explanation, which would lose you in an infinite regress, which is clearly contradictory to the bases and fundamentals of science.

5. Antony Flew in his book states:

Now, clearly theists and atheist can agree on one thing: if anything at all exists, there must be something preceding it that always existed. How did this eternally existing reality come to be? The answer is that it never came to be. It always existed. Take your pick: God or universe. Something always existed

1. Argument from semantics? The meaning of a word doesn't prove anything about reality. If the word doesn't fit, it's not the right word.
2. Then you would be pretending an impersonal universe is equivalent to a personal creator.
3. You haven't established that those things require a creator. They may require a cause, which is not the same thing. God is not obviously out of space/time, God has been redefined so because he can't be found within space/time, so an ad hoc explanation of where he is was made up. There was no talk of the Abrahamic God being outside of space/time before Einstein. Plus, you've assumed God, which is the thing you're trying to prove.
4. Explanations DO require explanations, but the explanation for the explanation is often obvious. The regress stops when it hits verifiable facts.
5. And that something may well be quantum foam. I'm fascinated by how many of the attributes I'm often told God must possess are inherent to it.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Defining The Creator as the first cause and unable to have a creator by definition is one thing, clamining that that first cause/creator is a supernatural creator being with a personality and a mind is another thing altogether, and defining it as one that is supposedly from a specific scripture is another thing still.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dawkins, Rowling, Sunak et al on Trans Issue and Women's Rights. Nishant Xavier 63 3745 July 15, 2023 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Dawkins loses humanist title Foxaèr 165 7698 June 6, 2021 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Richard Dawkins interviews Saudi Arabian atheist Rana Ahmad AniKoferBo 2 830 July 22, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Ricky Gervais won Dawkins award this year Fake Messiah 13 2436 September 6, 2019 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Dawkins writing kid's version of "The God Delusion" - you mad bro? Foxaèr 35 5887 August 2, 2018 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Geoff Robson has a hardon for Dawkins Foxaèr 7 1792 May 10, 2018 at 5:55 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What are your thoughts on Richard Dawkins? NuclearEnergy 96 13572 December 6, 2017 at 3:06 am
Last Post: Bow Before Zeus
  Hitchens, Dawkins, Hawking, Ehrman, Coin, Sagan: Where are the Woman? Rhondazvous 44 4522 January 14, 2017 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  John Lennox and Richard Dawkins TheMonster 8 2295 October 14, 2016 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: TheMonster
  Love Letters to Richard Dawkins Czechlervitz30 6 2095 July 20, 2016 at 7:37 am
Last Post: The Viking