Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 3:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance?
RE: Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance?
(June 16, 2016 at 3:03 am)Maelstrom Wrote:
(June 16, 2016 at 3:02 am)Thomas Kelly252525 Wrote: Do you think you can hurt me with words ?

My words are not constructed to hurt, but rather to teach.  Have you learned anything?

Maelstrom,

That you don't have control of your cells.  They control you.
(June 16, 2016 at 3:09 am)Thomas Kelly252525 Wrote: That you don't have control of your cells.  They control you.

Then it is apparent that you have learned nothing. Your own bias is not a factor of learning, but rather a factor of false distribution.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(June 16, 2016 at 3:11 am)Maelstrom Wrote:
(June 16, 2016 at 3:09 am)Thomas Kelly252525 Wrote: That you don't have control of your cells.  They control you.

Then it is apparent that you have learned nothing.  Your own bias is not a factor of learning, but rather a factor of false distribution.

What may you think controls you then if not your cells ?
(June 16, 2016 at 3:13 am)Thomas Kelly252525 Wrote: What may you think controls you then if not your cells ?

Wouldn't you like to know.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(June 16, 2016 at 3:20 am)Maelstrom Wrote:
(June 16, 2016 at 3:13 am)Thomas Kelly252525 Wrote: What may you think controls you then if not your cells ?

Wouldn't you like to know.

Maelstrom,

Do you judge the Theory of Evolution to be true ?
(June 15, 2016 at 8:45 pm)Thomas Kelly252525 Wrote: What if you compared

Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had the chance?

To

Would you have saved the Allied soldiers from death in World War 2 or was the death of many Allied soldiers necessary to win the war ?

The question is: who was up against the greater evil - Jesus vs the wrath of the evil, murdering, genocidal, slavery instructing, child sacrifice demanding blood-thirsty terrorist God of the Jews, or the Allies vs Hitler and the Nazis.

The answer is the Allies because Hitler was real.

But - the real real question is - should we have saved Jesus to spare the world from the crimes against humanity inflicted on it through Christianity in the last 2000 years?
If I thought what was happening was unjust, which torture universally is, I'd have tried to stop it.

If he was being put to death just for being an annoyance, I'd have tried to stop that too.

I'm now against the death penalty, but it would still be hard trying to stop them killing anyone. I'd try and persuade them not to use the penalty at all. That would most likely be entirely futile however. But if I could save this one guy somehow, then yeah I'd do it.

This is a humorous take on it:

https://youtu.be/C9_1RFAcjMU
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(June 16, 2016 at 4:54 am)Veritas_Vincit Wrote:
(June 15, 2016 at 8:45 pm)Thomas Kelly252525 Wrote: What if you compared

Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had the chance?

To

Would you have saved the Allied soldiers from death in World War 2 or was the death of many Allied soldiers necessary to win the war ?

--The question is: who was up against the greater evil - Jesus vs the wrath of the evil, murdering, genocidal, slavery instructing, child sacrifice demanding blood-thirsty terrorist God of the Jews, or the Allies vs Hitler and the Nazis.--

It may be judged that those words appear to show some careful consideration.

The answer is the Allies because Hitler was real.--

What do you think the truth is about absolute truth ?

--But - the real real question is - should we have saved Jesus to spare the world from the crimes against humanity inflicted on it through Christianity in the last 2000 years?--

Have you ever looked at 1 John 4:1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. ?

You may compare that from above with what may be thought of as The No True Scotsman Fallacy.
(June 16, 2016 at 6:12 am)Thomas Kelly252525 Wrote:
(June 16, 2016 at 4:54 am)Veritas_Vincit Wrote: --The question is: who was up against the greater evil - Jesus vs the wrath of the evil, murdering, genocidal, slavery instructing, child sacrifice demanding blood-thirsty terrorist God of the Jews, or the Allies vs Hitler and the Nazis.--

It may be judged that those words appear to show some careful consideration.

The answer is the Allies because Hitler was real.--

What do you think the truth is about absolute truth ?

--But - the real real question is - should we have saved Jesus to spare the world from the crimes against humanity inflicted on it through Christianity in the last 2000 years?--

Have you ever looked at 1 John 4:1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. ?

You may compare that from above with what may be thought of as The No True Scotsman Fallacy.

I don't believe that 'absolute truth' exists, and the burden of proof would be on the person asserting that it does to demonstrate that it does. I believe we can have degrees of certainty based on evidence and logic. Human beings are inherently fallible, hence the need for science.

If you are saying that there is a way to test and prove the existence of God, I look forward to reading about it on the front page of every newspaper and scientific journal in the world.
Has anyone already posted this very topical material here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnq7N6X4x84
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slam dunk - Jesus had no clue LinuxGal 19 1530 September 16, 2023 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: Data
  Why do I need to be saved? zwanzig 15 1278 August 3, 2023 at 11:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Questions I have had about the Bible recently... FlatAssembler 12 2236 July 24, 2021 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians. Greatest I am 71 5919 October 20, 2020 at 9:11 pm
  How do Christians imagine 2nd coming of Jesus? Fake Messiah 39 3855 September 15, 2020 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Would Jesus promote punishing the innocent instead of the guilty? Greatest I am 159 10165 September 10, 2020 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
Question [Serious] Christians what would change your mind? Xaventis 154 10225 August 20, 2020 at 7:11 am
  [Serious] Do we have any female Christians left? If not, anyone is welcome to comment. Losty 34 3551 May 13, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: WolfsChild
  Did Jesus ever have a perm? Cod 32 4562 April 3, 2019 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8164 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm