Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 7:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance?
RE: Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance?
-All- the bits were added.  There was no point in time when a column of light descended from the clouds and a pristine copy of the complete holy bible helicoptered down into the waiting hands of christians...though talking to some of them you'd think that this was precisely what they thought had happened, until "bad bits"...then, all of a sudden..they're filled with doubts and suspicions regarding the contents of their own holy book and the intentions of those who wrote it.

Well, yeah, no shit.........hold on to that thought?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 17, 2016 at 8:19 am)Drich Wrote:
(June 15, 2016 at 8:25 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: This is for both theists and atheists to answer.

Imagine you travel back in time, and have the opportunity to save Jesus from being humiliated, tortured horribly, dying a slow painful death, having his body desecrated by the Roman guards, etc.

There is no question that your attempt would be successful. 

Would you?

absolutely not!

His whole purpose was to die.

I'm glad you don't have a job with the Samaritans .... As you stated you would let a man commit suicide because it will benefit you  Dodgy

You state he could have saved himself ... death on the cross being his belief it would save man .... so either suicide or delusion ....
Religion is the top shelf of the supernatural supermarket ... Madog
Wonder if any Christians not only would save Jesus from being scourged and tortured and crucified, but would also take His place ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(anybody see what I did there ?)
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

The sacrifice would be insufficient.  We're not good enough for ritual slaughter. The victim has to be bigger than you, somehow..there has to be a sort of deficit into which you can cast all your evil (or an overabundance of evil that you might sneak yours into). That's how these things work.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
and it's VILE BLASPHEMY to even think about it, let alone do it

(June 17, 2016 at 10:44 am)Thomas Kelly252525 Wrote:
(June 17, 2016 at 10:01 am)Veritas_Vincit Wrote: Thomas I have edited my previous post, I did it on my phone and some of the text didn't come through...

In response:

--I wasn't saying you aren't willing to present evidence for your claims, I am saying that so far you have not.--

Do you think I've not been willing to start all along ?

--You are welcome to, but the point is that nobody needs to disprove your claims to disbelieve them, rather they should not believe them in the first place until you can demonstrate that they are true. By all means, do so.--

Do you think I asked you to disprove without you having the ability to do so ?  Again, if there is a need, do you think I've not been willing to start all along ?  I've been willing to start all along.  I need somewhere to send you the information.

--As to taking out the 'bad parts' it depends on your definition of bad, we may not agree on which passages are bad and which are not.--

We may not agree which parts are bad and which parts are not.  We may find out about that after going through the evidence.

--I don't think the Bible has much good in it and you would have to cut out whole chunks and chapters to get to something morally acceptable, but then that negates the whole religion. ]--

Have you ever thought of the possibility that parts may have been maliciously taken out ?

--But all of this is irrelevant until you actually present some evidence to entertain the idea that the Bible was tampered with and that all the bad bits were added. On face value it sounds crazy, but go ahead, prove it.--

Again, if there is a need, do you think I have not been willing to start all along ?  We may agree some things may sound crazy to some people and be true.  We may agree some things need thorough investigation to learn the truth. 

Veritas Vincit, you may look at my answers above.

Thomas, I think we're done. Your responses show that you aren't even reading and understanding what I have said. You are just throwing up a lot of deflecting questions to avoiding the key point. I'm starting to wonder if you are just trolling here. It all comes down to one point - either you have evidence for your claim that the Bible was tampered with or you don't. Until you can present some evidence for this, then it's not worth further consideration.
(June 17, 2016 at 12:05 pm)Veritas_Vincit Wrote:
(June 17, 2016 at 10:44 am)Thomas Kelly252525 Wrote: Veritas Vincit, you may look at my answers above.

--Thomas, I think we're done. Your responses show that you aren't even reading and understanding what I have said. You are just throwing up a lot of deflecting questions to avoiding the key point.--

What may you think proves that ?  What do you think about the burden of proof ?  Do you expect me to be accused and not point out that there is a need to prove ?

--I'm starting to wonder if you are just trolling here.--

All I may do is post my words and let people judge.

--It all comes down to one point - either you have evidence for your claim that the Bible was tampered with or you don't. Until you can present some evidence for this, then it's not worth further consideration.--

Do you think I've not been willing to start proving all along ? Do you think you accused me ? Do you think there is a burden of proof ?

If you continue the same as that above I may choose not to answer you, not because of being annoyed but because sometimes it's not to people's advantage if I answer.

(June 17, 2016 at 12:50 pm)Thomas Kelly252525 Wrote:
(June 17, 2016 at 12:05 pm)Veritas_Vincit Wrote: --Thomas, I think we're done. Your responses show that you aren't even reading and understanding what I have said. You are just throwing up a lot of deflecting questions to avoiding the key point.--

What may you think proves that ?  What do you think about the burden of proof ?  Do you expect me to be accused and not point out that there is a need to prove ?

--I'm starting to wonder if you are just trolling here.--

All I may do is post my words and let people judge.

--It all comes down to one point - either you have evidence for your claim that the Bible was tampered with or you don't. Until you can present some evidence for this, then it's not worth further consideration.--

Do you think I've not been willing to start proving all along ? Do you think you accused me ? Do you think there is a burden of proof ?

If you continue the same as that above I may choose not to answer you, not because of being annoyed but because sometimes it's not to people's advantage if I answer.

You have just proved my point, as anyone reading this will see for themselves, and we're done.
(June 17, 2016 at 12:50 pm)Thomas Kelly252525 Wrote:
(June 17, 2016 at 12:05 pm)What do you think about the burden of proof ? Wrote:  

The "burden of proof" is on those that make claims not those that are not convinced ....

By the way I created the universe from my own thoughts and this has never been disproved ... please disprove it before  you state that that is unlikely  Dodgy
Religion is the top shelf of the supernatural supermarket ... Madog

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slam dunk - Jesus had no clue LinuxGal 19 1490 September 16, 2023 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: Data
  Why do I need to be saved? zwanzig 15 1259 August 3, 2023 at 11:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Questions I have had about the Bible recently... FlatAssembler 12 2228 July 24, 2021 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians. Greatest I am 71 5797 October 20, 2020 at 9:11 pm
  How do Christians imagine 2nd coming of Jesus? Fake Messiah 39 3818 September 15, 2020 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Would Jesus promote punishing the innocent instead of the guilty? Greatest I am 159 10058 September 10, 2020 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
Question [Serious] Christians what would change your mind? Xaventis 154 9735 August 20, 2020 at 7:11 am
  [Serious] Do we have any female Christians left? If not, anyone is welcome to comment. Losty 34 3516 May 13, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: WolfsChild
  Did Jesus ever have a perm? Cod 32 4505 April 3, 2019 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8096 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm