Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 9, 2024, 5:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not every pedophile is a rapist.
RE: Not every pedophile is a rapist.
(October 25, 2016 at 2:37 pm)Losty Wrote: I literally did that in the post you quoted. I think for the most part a 30 year old mind in a 14 year old body would be ok.

I might change my mind of you go much younger than that as far as body age because even with a 30 year old mind and a mental capability to consent there wouldn't be anything resembling a physical development capable of safely having sex with an adult. It's only a grey area when you start adding in fake scenarios. Makes me feel like a creeper just considering it tbh.

Okay so there is a biological aspect then, is that fair to say?

I would agree with this, FYI.
(October 25, 2016 at 2:34 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(October 25, 2016 at 2:32 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: @ Napo. More than just consent. There's being psychologically mature enough to deal with the subsequent feelings.

Let's say you are psychologically mature at the age of 10, does that change things?

Children are neither psychologically mature nor can they consent.

I was answering your question "is consent the only factor?" with "no".
(October 25, 2016 at 2:18 pm)Losty Wrote:
(October 25, 2016 at 1:09 pm)robvalue Wrote: Another point I've raised before is how different things would be in a society where sex with children was acceptable. Are the negative psychological effects all to do with the shame of how society views them, and the constant requirement not to act on urges which have no acceptable outlet? Or does the condition itself inherently cause negative effects?

Not sure I understand what you're saying here. I'm pretty sure sex with children still causes a negative affect on the children even in societies where it's considered acceptable and legal. Even if you've always been raised to know that it's ok and not wrong there's got to be some negative effect from having something you don't understand done to you by someone who overrides your inability to consent. So I guess you must be wondering if the desire would still have a negative effect on the pedophile? Hmm...

Yeah, exactly. I'm wondering just from the point of view of the psychological condition. If the paedophile genuinely doesn't think there's anything wrong with it, nor does any other adult, then would they still experience adverse effects? I'm just wondering whether it's direct or indirect.

It's just a though experiment, of course. Indeed yes, it's reasonable to expect sex with children would indeed be damaging to them regardless of the attitudes of the society.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(October 25, 2016 at 3:41 pm)robvalue Wrote:
(October 25, 2016 at 2:18 pm)Losty Wrote: Not sure I understand what you're saying here. I'm pretty sure sex with children still causes a negative affect on the children even in societies where it's considered acceptable and legal. Even if you've always been raised to know that it's ok and not wrong there's got to be some negative effect from having something you don't understand done to you by someone who overrides your inability to consent. So I guess you must be wondering if the desire would still have a negative effect on the pedophile? Hmm...

Yeah, exactly. I'm wondering just from the point of view of the psychological condition. If the paedophile genuinely doesn't think there's anything wrong with it, nor does any other adult, then would they still experience adverse effects? I'm just wondering whether it's direct or indirect.

It's just a though experiment, of course. Indeed yes, it's reasonable to expect sex with children would indeed be damaging to them regardless of the attitudes of the society.

You can kill a baby lion with your human hands. Good look trying to do that with an adult one.
I would be for allowing any individual regardless of age to be allowed to do anything so long as it doesn't harm them or others in any way, whether physically or psychologically(here inability to or lack of consent is included as a harmful psychological effect).

We are not scientifically or intelectually mature enough as a society yet to explore those areas on a case by case basis, on both counts. Therefore the current laws regarding age of consent and such are necessary.

I will point out that I am speaking out of ignorance here. It may well be that science already has some not so arbitrary answers to this, but when I look at the difference between the laws regarding the age of consent between different civilised countries, I can't but wonder if that is so, assumming science would have already been consulted and new laws would've been implemented more uniformly universally.
(October 23, 2016 at 9:52 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: To add to that, having sex with anyone too young to give consent is indeed one form of rape, by definition.
Absolutely, I couldn´t have expressed it better myself  Worship
I live in the universe of science, the world of cycling and the home of freedom
(October 25, 2016 at 1:23 pm)Napoléon Wrote: Thought experiment: lets say you put a brain of a 30 year old into a 14 year old's body.

If this person with a new brain gives you consent, is it okay to fuck them?
*emphasis mine*

That's already been invented. Big Grin

[Image: worlds-hottest-midget.jpg]
It's not really the same
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
why not? If you put a 30 year old brain in a 14 year old body, you essentially get a small adult...
(October 25, 2016 at 7:51 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: why not? If you put a 30 year old brain in a 14 year old body, you essentially get a small adult...

That person looks like a small adult though. She doesn't look like a 14 year old at all.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Taliban are morons and Muhammad was a schizophrenic pedophile. Jehanne 13 1072 August 16, 2021 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What would you do if you could remember every single moment in your life? c172 11 2530 October 13, 2017 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Dumbest Thing Some Has Every Said To You Amarok 54 9375 August 28, 2017 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Every post WINS !!! vorlon13 133 7981 February 24, 2016 at 5:11 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  You Learn Something Every Day. Minimalist 1 754 February 11, 2016 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: abaris
  A devout Muslim speaks, and I agree with every word Catholic_Lady 12 2457 November 17, 2015 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Every Romantic Comedy Ever DeistPaladin 3 2426 April 16, 2013 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: Fruity
  You're awesome! Every one of you. Violet 17 6078 February 20, 2012 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Violet
  A Man is a Rapist if... TheDarkestOfAngels 33 11067 June 1, 2011 at 8:29 am
Last Post: Kayenneh
  There's One Born Every Minute Minimalist 8 3737 October 29, 2010 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: Jonah