Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 12:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing?
RE: I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing?
(October 26, 2016 at 7:53 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(October 26, 2016 at 12:01 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Let's see, my concept of god: god is magic, god is fantasy, god is delusion, god is an excuse, god is an escape, god is a manipulation, god is illogic, god is non factual, god is untrue, god is anecdotal.

OK, your turn Mario, prove me wrong.

Edit: Oops, I almost forgot: god is man made. According to your words (and assuming your are human): "God in concept is first and foremost the creator and operator of the universe and man and everything with a beginning."

Sounds man made to me, not god made.

OK Mariosep, bumped this forward for you. By the way, each post is numbered, It's not that difficult. Are you being intentionally evasive?

He's trolling, that's all there is to it.
-.-

Dear colleagues here, I am keen on exchanging thoughts with one atheist at a time; right now I am into exchange with Asmodee; but when I see that there are several atheists who have the same position, then I will react to them while waiting for Asmodee to show up, react to them by a common message.

Thanks for your forbearance.

As every page here carries 10 posts, when you bring up a past post it can be way back several pages: as you are the most familiar with the post you want me to react to, please just copy the link on which I will click [on] to come pronto to your post, and to see what it is for me to react to, as to satisfy you.
(October 26, 2016 at 7:57 pm)Mariosep Wrote:
-.-

Dear colleagues .......
Do you wear a monocle?
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

-
Dear colleagues here, I am keen on exchanging thoughts with one atheist at a time; right now I am into exchange with Asmodee; but when I see that there are several atheists who have the same position, then I will react to them while waiting for Asmodee to show up, react to them by a common message.

Thanks for your forbearance.

As every page here carries 10 posts, when you bring up a past post it can be way back several pages: as you are the most familiar with the post you want me to react to, please just copy the link on which I will click [on] to come pronto to your post, and to see what it is for me to react to, as to satisfy you.

Is counting backwards to difficult for you? I'm not going to jump through hoops for you because you seem to be intellectually challenged.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 26, 2016 at 7:55 pm)Irrational Wrote:
(October 26, 2016 at 7:53 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: OK Mariosep, bumped this forward for you. By the way, each post is numbered, It's not that difficult. Are you being intentionally evasive?

He's trolling, that's all there is to it.

Yeah, but this one may be worth feeding just a little more.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 26, 2016 at 7:48 pm)Mariosep Wrote: For the rest of posters here who maintain that they don't have any information of the concept of God, since they are atheists, meaning if I am correct, they deny the existence of God, gods, goddesses, deities, divinities, etc., please just choose one of them to give me the information of this one you choose to deny existence to; of course there are many of them according to your self-description of being an atheist, i.e. denying the existence of God, gods, etc.; you see unless you bring up one for us to discuss on whether any
God, gods, etc., at all exist, forgive me but it is irrational to keep on insisting that you don't need to have any information of God, gods, etc.

It has been pointed out to you several times, it is not up to us to describe all the gods we don't believe exist, then discuss, refute, deny said god.

Atheism, at its core, is a response to theistic claims.

It is up to you to proved a description and the evidence for the god YOU believe exists. If it meets its burden of proof, we will accept it.

If we bring up gods we don't believe exist, you will reply with something like, "oh, no wonder you don't believe in god. You have a bad concept of god. I don't believe in that god either".

Also, I reject the concept that I "deny" the existence of gods. This implies that one or more gods exist, but I refuse to believe it.

I do not believe any god exists that has yet been presented to me. So far, none of them has met their burden of proof, including the one you posited in your OP.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(October 26, 2016 at 8:00 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
-.-

Dear colleagues .......
Do you wear a monocle?

A handle bar mustache, at least...

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(October 26, 2016 at 8:00 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
-.-

Dear colleagues .......
Do you wear a monocle?

LOL
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Thanks everyone for your presence and contribution to my thread, there are a lot of you, it's by way of hyperbole a tsunami.
  • mh.brewer Wrote:
    Let's see, my concept of god: god is magic, god is fantasy, god is delusion, god is an excuse, god is an escape, god is a manipulation, god is illogic, god is non factual, god is untrue, god is anecdotal.

OK, your turn Mario, prove me wrong.

I have presented God to exist by my OP, please just scroll to post #1, that's easy to do; I dare not reproduce it here again, it can and that has happened already, get filtered out by the spam detector machine here.

Please forgive me, but for dry humor, suppose you prove your concept of God or god above, to be existing in objective reality outside your concept of God or god, because you have found an entity corresponding in objective reality of existence outside your concept of God or gods, etc., corresponding to your concept.
Trolllllll!
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 6392 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Do you think God is authoritarian? ShinyCrystals 65 3622 December 9, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The fascinating asymmetry of theist-atheist discussion Astreja 5 491 July 22, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Europeans already think about Harry Potter, not about god Interaktive 11 1165 January 1, 2023 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 2207 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I received a letter from a theist, need a good reply Radamand 22 2106 March 22, 2022 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 1021 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Proof at least one god is b.s. onlinebiker 10 1439 March 16, 2021 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What do you think of LGBTQ2? SlimePumper 58 7437 February 18, 2019 at 5:19 am
Last Post: Agnostico
  Who do you think is best atheist of our times? GGG 70 7644 January 22, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: GGG