Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 12:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your friend tells you they're a paedophile
RE: Your friend tells you they're a paedophile
(October 27, 2016 at 6:03 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: I'm wondering why anyone would think that a person that admits to wanting to fuck kids shouldn't have a mental evaluation right away. But that is the difference between us. I think there should be a death penalty and I think you don't just let people that want to have sex with kids walk around like it's nothing. You don't get to admit that and be told everything will be okay. That's like someone saying "I feel like I want to kill everyone but I won't act on it I swear..." ya just gunna leave that person alone with their thoughts?

You think there should be a death penalty?
In general or just for being a pedophile?

I live in the country that was the first to abolish the death penalty... so... yeah.... I'm not fond of that penalty.

[Image: img_0137.jpg?w=640]
(October 27, 2016 at 5:51 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote:
(October 26, 2016 at 9:02 pm)Losty Wrote: I still don't understand how this is relevant to the topic at hand. You see a discussion involving something highly upsetting for you and you proceed to throw your emotions at it. It makes it impossible to discuss the issue. We are not talking about child abuse. We aren't talking about a situation in which a child has reported abuse. We aren't suggesting allowing pedophiles to hang out with kids.

We are talking about human beings here. Who happen to be sick. Who haven't done anything wrong.

Being a child molestor doesn't even make someone a pedophile. Raping a kid doesn't even make someone a pedophile. Raping a man doesn't make a male rapist gay. Raping an old lady doesn't make someone whatever the term is for a person who is attracted to old people. Rape is almost never about sexual attraction and gratification. Rape is about power and control. Rapists dont typically pick their victims based on who they think is hottest. They pick their victims based on who they can get away with raping. I have no idea why being a pedophile would make someone any more likely to rape a kid than being a heterosexual would make you likely to rape a man if you couldn't get any to have sex with you. Peoples sexual desires are not the deciding factor in whether or not they're a rapist. If this logic doesn't apply in any other situation why would it apply here? It makes no sense.

It really does make sense and my input is VERY relative.

I'm saying that just because they SEEM trustworthy does NOT make them trustworthy. If they are having thoughts about having sex with children this is far beyond just helping a friend. If they are THAT sick in the head trust as a friend goes out the window. I don't care how great they seem.

But I'm not saying you should consider them trust worthy. Although I don't agree that it makes sense to assume anyone who has sexual desires for children is a rapist.
Doesn't matter really if we agree on that. I would never trust a pedophile with my kids either. It doesn't stop me from understanding that they have no control over their thoughts. It doesn't stop me from being a good friend to them and saying "hey...it's not your fault you feel this way but you really need to see a psychiatrist and find out what you can do to fix it because it's not ok to want that."
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Killing someone for something they have no control over is disgusting. I think you saying that was you yourself just admitting that you think certain people should be killed even if they've never done anything wrong. Why do you think that's okay?

0/10

Also...I have thoughts about killing people sometimes. More commonly, I think about about punching kids in the face. Often. Like several times a week. I would never ever do it. I think hitting kids is horrible...but I still want to. I won't. But I want to. Maybe that makes me a horrible person too.

0/10

(October 26, 2016 at 2:17 am)robvalue Wrote: Let's pretend you have a friend, and you're a parent. You've known this friend a long time. You trust them, and you believe they are a good person.

One day they confide in you that they are a paedophile. They have sexual urges towards young children. They say they haven't ever acted on them, nor do they intend to, and you believe they are sincere. They just want your understanding and support, and they ask that you keep this confidential.

How do you react? For example:

1) Do you keep it confidential?

a) No, tell as many people as possible
b) No, tell a select few
c) No, tell a select few but ask them to be sympathetic
d) Yes

2) Will you still be their friend?

a) No, cut all contact
b) Yes, but distance yourself
c) Yes

3) If yes to the above, will it change the contact you allow with your children?

a) Yes, cut all contact
b) Yes, only supervised contact
c) No

4) Will you support them?

a) No, don't want to hear anything about it
b) Yes, as long as they keep it vague
c) Yes, let them say whatever they need to

aaaa, And kick the shit out of the twat.
Sorry about the death penalty confusion. That was left over from another thread. I'm getting a lot of backlash on being for the death penalty so I added it in a I'm for this and yall aren't and I'm for that and yall aren't it was more of a see there are a few things we disagree on at this level.

I DO NOT think someone should die for their thoughts.

The whole killing thought thing. When someone confides in you about sick thoughts it is usually because they are feeling guilty due to the severity of the thoughts. If it was just a little nagging thought why bother mentioning it and letting people think ill of you. If you confide secretly to someone that you have thoughts on killing people that is beyond just everyday irritated or pissed at people thoughts. Punching people thoughts are not that serious. I hate people and I despise people but I have never thought about ACTUALLY killing anyone myself. If someone confided that to me I would get them help immediately.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
(October 27, 2016 at 6:43 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: Sorry about the death penalty confusion. That was left over from another thread. I'm getting a lot of backlash on being for the death penalty so I added it in a I'm for this and yall aren't and I'm for that and yall aren't it was more of a see there are a few things we disagree on at this level.

I DO NOT think someone should die for their thoughts.

The whole killing thought thing. When someone confides in you about sick thoughts it is usually because they are feeling guilty due to the severity of the thoughts. If it was just a little nagging thought why bother mentioning it and letting people think ill of you. If you confide secretly to someone that you have thoughts on killing people that is beyond just everyday irritated or pissed at people thoughts. Punching people thoughts are not that serious. I hate people and I despise people but I have never thought about ACTUALLY killing anyone myself. If someone confided that to me I would get them help immediately.

Get them help immediately! See we totally agree on the important part.

0/10

Yes and I know we agree on a lot of parts. I'm most upset that people just trust this person because they see them as a good person.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
(October 27, 2016 at 6:25 pm)Losty Wrote: Also...I have thoughts about killing people sometimes. More commonly, I think about about punching kids in the face. Often. Like several times a week. I would never ever do it. I think hitting kids is horrible...but I still want to. I won't. But I want to. Maybe that makes me a horrible person too.

Losty, you should see a shrink about that... really.
Well... not really.... we all know that kids are brain-damaged and many of today's kids could really use a good smacking to set them straight. Tongue
(note: smacking kids is pretty much proven not to work, so... it's useless, except as an adult venting mechanism)
Trust is Tampax.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone else have that "weird" friend? Atomic Lava 31 2741 November 28, 2019 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Do you start people at ten, or do they need to earn it? J a c k 53 5116 November 25, 2017 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Cod
  If Your House Caught Fire, what are the Last 3 Things You'd Grab On Your Way Out? vorlon13 30 7014 August 21, 2017 at 11:37 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  If Your House Caught Fire, what are the First 3 Things You'd Grab On Your Way Out? Rhondazvous 58 11076 August 20, 2017 at 8:12 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  So my redneck friend came to visit on Friday. Brian37 9 2388 June 5, 2017 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Anyone else start to feel like they're going insane when they get tired? EruptedCarcassBloat 9 1586 October 11, 2016 at 11:20 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Good intentions -- how much do they mean to you? Edwardo Piet 92 13142 October 3, 2016 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What to do when they knock on your door. Expired 59 9098 February 27, 2016 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Do they start with christmas ads in your countries too? abaris 14 2627 November 11, 2015 at 12:09 am
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Friend deleted me after 2 years because i'm atheist Heat 54 8891 October 18, 2015 at 10:37 am
Last Post: KevinM1