Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2024, 1:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What makes your faith true?
RE: What makes your faith true?
(February 6, 2017 at 7:04 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: The Bible gives clear criteria for demonstrating that your faith is true. Simply walk outside and tell the nearest tree to uproot itself and to jump into the nearest body of water. If it does as you have commanded it to do then your faith is true. Otherwise it's not.

Here's a clear example of a person who has no idea what the scriptures teach and one who desperately needs to study them.

GC

(February 6, 2017 at 5:38 am)Fake Messiah Wrote:
(February 6, 2017 at 4:17 am)Godschild Wrote:

(February 6, 2017 at 4:17 am)Godschild Wrote: I try to carryout His will but I'm not always successful which is one of many reasons I need His forgiveness.

Interesting. Thanks for running with me on that. Okay, does it bother you that you'd do that? I mean does it disturb you that you'd be the kind of person that would do something you know is wrong just because God told you to do so?

You misunderstood and after I posted I thought it might appear as if I had answered your question, sorry. The statement was not intended as an answer to your question.
Let me give you a hint, compare the OT to the NT and you will see your question has no relevance.

GC

(February 5, 2017 at 1:43 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:
(February 4, 2017 at 11:34 am)Godschild Wrote:

Thanks for calling him out, GC. I have a difficult time understanding some AF members.

Hi ChadWooters, I hadn't realized you changed your name. I'm tired of the things that happen here on occasion and felt like a little vent might help. I don't mean to be disrespectful to anyone though I'm sure it seems that way at times. I would have rather answered FM's question but I was mindful of the past with others and decided not to chance the possibility of the same old thing.

GC

(February 6, 2017 at 9:55 am)mh.brewer Wrote: My faith, true? A level and plum bob. I can't afford those laser thingies.

All you need is a string and a heavy washer to make a plumb bob and a piece of clear flexible tubing and water will make an acceptable level. No need for the fancy stuff.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(February 6, 2017 at 9:58 am)Godschild Wrote:
(February 6, 2017 at 7:04 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: The Bible gives clear criteria for demonstrating that your faith is true.  Simply walk outside and tell the nearest tree to uproot itself and to jump into the nearest body of water. If it does as you have commanded it to do then your faith is true.  Otherwise it's not.

Here's a clear example of a person who has no idea what the scriptures teach and one who desperately needs to study them.

GC

Are you, a self-professed believer, calling Jesus a liar?  

Luke 17:6 (TLB) = "The Lord replied, “If you had faith the size of a mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you."

You have zero faith, just like all of the other billions of people had zero faith for the past 2,000 years.  Jesus is sad.  
(February 6, 2017 at 9:58 am)Godschild Wrote: Here's a clear example of a person who has no idea what the scriptures teach and one who desperately needs to study them.
Is there an example, in your opinion....of someone who doesn't.....?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 7, 2017 at 12:02 am)Khemikal Wrote:
(February 6, 2017 at 9:58 am)Godschild Wrote: Here's a clear example of a person who has no idea what the scriptures teach and one who desperately needs to study them.
Is there an example, in your opinion....of someone who doesn't.....?

Everyone needs to. If one chooses to argue against the Bible and doesn't study it should just keep quite.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
So no, then, rendering your comment unremarkable and irrelevant...we all need to read your silly ass scriptures like we all need to breathe oxygen, in your opinion.

Rolleyes

When gretel shut the oven on the jesus witch and saved her uncle it was my favorite part in the whole of the new testament....go ahead, criticise that in a relevant and non-pointless way.........
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 6, 2017 at 11:17 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:

GC

Are you, a self-professed believer, calling Jesus a liar?  

Luke 17:6 (TLB) = "The Lord replied, “If you had faith the size of a mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you."

You have zero faith, just like all of the other billions of people had zero faith for the past 2,000 years.  Jesus is sad.  

Jesus did not say we don't have faith it's that we need more to do the work He has for us. You also do not understand anything about Christianity, I do not need to move a tree or mountain to be a good Christian. Also Jesus was speaking specifically to the disciples, they were given special powers that were not transferable to others by the disciples.

GC
So, like, they had superabilties-by-proxy to jesusman that wore off when he was no longer around?

Bummer.

(just a question, where do you get that from, that idea....a book in the bible...or.....?)
(February 7, 2017 at 12:56 am)Khemikal Wrote: So, like, they had superabilties-by-proxy to jesusman that wore off when he was no longer around?

Bummer.

(just a question, where do you get that from, that idea....a book in the bible...or.....?)

From the NT, you should read it someday you might not have to ask questions like this if you did. There powers went to the grave with them.

GC
even when they were alive those 'powers' were ineffective against apostle Paul countermanding Jesus regarding observing the law
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(February 7, 2017 at 1:33 am)Godschild Wrote:
(February 7, 2017 at 12:56 am)Khemikal Wrote: So, like, they had superabilties-by-proxy to jesusman that wore off when he was no longer around?

Bummer.

From the NT, you should read it someday you might not have to ask questions like this if you did. There powers went to the grave with them.

GC

The animated series, the unabridged extended version, or a personal copy you keep around your house and show to no one?
(my money is on the latter)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I think Christianity is true, even if Islam where to rule the world Riddar90 57 1706 August 12, 2024 at 6:18 am
Last Post: Sheldon
  At what point does faith become insanity? Fake Messiah 64 5034 May 8, 2023 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1521 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Baha'i faith Figbash 5 1104 April 13, 2020 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] Comfort in Faith at Death Shell B 142 13852 August 4, 2019 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Atheist who is having a crisis of faith emilsein 204 17365 April 29, 2019 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Losty
  To all religions/What makes you think...... Brian37 22 3493 February 26, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: no one
  Faith industry Graufreud 8 1048 August 8, 2018 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My faith is on hold. Mystic 16 4577 May 3, 2018 at 9:40 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  The One True Dog Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 20 5603 March 16, 2018 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Joods