Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 8, 2024, 4:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are people so affraid of anarchy?
RE: Why are people so affraid of anarchy?
(September 8, 2017 at 9:24 am)FlatAssembler Wrote: When has a government ever done a good thing? I mean, sure, politicians usually have good intentions, but when have their policies ever achieved what they were intended to?

Like, a greatest hits list - specific to one country or government in general?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Because some of us have a fucking ounce of compassion for our fellow human beings, and aren't worthless pieces of shit who think it should be the hunger games out there.
(September 8, 2017 at 9:26 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote:
(September 8, 2017 at 9:24 am)FlatAssembler Wrote: When has a government ever done a good thing? I mean, sure, politicians usually have good intentions, but when have their policies ever achieved what they were intended to?

Bolded mine.  You are pants-on-head levels of delusional, kid.  Just off the top of my head, the US highway system comes to mind, since I use it pretty much every day.
It wasn't the politicians who built that. They just took credit for it. It takes countless people working for their own gain to build that.
I have yet to find an anarchist who prefaces their dreams of a government-free future with "I won't survive, but it'll be great for those that can and do."

OFC politicians don't lay asphalt. Probably wouldn't want them to. I wouldn't trust a single rep in our government with the keys to a pavement miller. They do, however, organize and oversea the resources and labor requirements. They set the standards by which the road will be built, they provide the framework upon which it will be maintained.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 8, 2017 at 9:39 am)FlatAssembler Wrote:
(September 8, 2017 at 9:26 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Bolded mine.  You are pants-on-head levels of delusional, kid.  Just off the top of my head, the US highway system comes to mind, since I use it pretty much every day.
It wasn't the politicians who built that. They just took credit for it. It takes countless people working for their own gain to build that.

The fucking national highway system would not exist without a concerted effort from state and federal governments you unbelievable ignoramus.  You seriously mean to tell me that you don't consider it an accomplishment of government unless each politician is swinging hammers and pouring concrete?  That logic doesn't work for private entities either - if a corporation builds a road.. well that's not the corporation who built that, they just took credit for it!  The CEOs and analysts and accountants weren't the ones actually working on the road.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(September 8, 2017 at 9:39 am)FlatAssembler Wrote: It wasn't the politicians who built that. They just took credit for it. It takes countless people working for their own gain to build that.

Hey numbskull!  Without the federal government there wouldn't b ea fucking road system.  Yes, people built that.  Guess the fuck why?  BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT GOT THEM TO DO IT.  In anarchy that shit does NOT get done.
Quote:The national highway system would not exist without a concerted effort from state and federal governments you unbelievable ignoramus.
Why do you think that's the case? The government isn't forcing people to make pencils, yet obviously they do get made. Why would the roads be any different?
Quote:That logic doesn't work for private entities either - if a corporation builds a road.. well that's not the corporation who built that, they just took credit for it! The CEOs and analysts and accountants weren't the ones actually working on the road.
Well, they at least organized it. The politicians don't do that. They just pay the police to steal our money by the taxation, then hire the experts to organize building a road and do all the work for them with the money they stole from us, and then they take credit for it.
A cynical view of how it gets done, but we'll call that an example of government getting something done.  So, how will anarchists go about organizing the appropriation of required resources, and their subsequent dispensation?
(September 8, 2017 at 9:54 am)Khemikal Wrote: A cynical view of how it gets done, but we'll call that an example of government getting something done.  So, how will anarchists go about organizing the appropriation of required resources, and their subsequent dispensation?

I honestly don't understand the question. Most of the roads in Croatia, for example, are built by the private companies. Why would you need a government for that?
Ahh yes, WAH WAH WAH, whiny little bitch hates paying taxes because he's got it on easy street and doesn't have fucking struggle. Guess the fuck what, cupcake? Your life is only so easy because of the government you hate so much.

Want Anarchy? Go find a fucking Island, and live there. No government. No taxes. Just your ideal life where you don't have to drive on roads maintained by the government, the people you deal with won't be educated by the public school system, and you won't get weather reports from the national weather service. Nor will you have to deal with the pesky FDA, or the pesky minimum wage laws that give people the right to a fair wage. I mean you love anarchy so much? Why the fuck not go live on an island? Surely it's fantastic, so everyone will come with you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1383 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why People Ignore Facts (Gun Control) Jade-Green Stone 22 1692 December 5, 2018 at 9:03 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why does Politics bring out the worst in so many people? GODZILLA 21 2106 October 10, 2018 at 9:09 am
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  Why are you American people, careless? A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 27 2382 September 11, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Why Do You Rep People? Jenny A 44 3110 March 29, 2018 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Why do people get angry seeing a Burqa ErGingerbreadMandude 65 10193 October 4, 2017 at 11:03 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  This is why people hate America NuclearEnergy 57 13478 September 4, 2017 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why oh why are people on the righ so against LGBT folk? NuclearEnergy 10 2042 July 26, 2017 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  I want to know, why do these people hate Obama so much? NuclearEnergy 42 15211 July 21, 2017 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Why do Trump supporters pretend to be so shocked people don't agree with them NuclearEnergy 4 1979 June 17, 2017 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Whateverist