Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 3, 2024, 9:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Has to Stop
Big Grin 
RE: This Has to Stop
(September 14, 2017 at 12:43 pm)Harry Nevis Wrote:
(September 14, 2017 at 12:38 pm)Losty Wrote: It really depends on the people. Some Amish people are strictly no technology. Some people up the road from me as a child let their barn burn down because they wouldn't call a fire truck. Then you have Mennonites who are like Amish lite. When I was a kid almost all of the people where I lived were Amish. We bought most of our food from them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Electric_Amish

They're a hoot.

"The Electric Amish" -- now there's a band name!

(September 14, 2017 at 2:55 pm)Khemikal Wrote: If those people respected their children in any non-novel way accommodating for their own idiocy (be it anti-vax or christer idiocy) then they'd vaccinate their fucking children.....because vaccination isn't about their silly beliefs.  Similarly, it's not impossible for a believing parent to refuse indoctrination for the same reason.  There's one in this house, the ubiquitous christian mother.  

Yep. My son's mother was Catholic (thankfully, sinfully lapsed Smile), and when she was pregnant we talked about it and decided that no indoctrination would happen. We would answer the inevitable questions as we saw fit, but no forcing Mass, or forced readings of Dawkins et al, were going to happen. That suited me fine because I had no wish to raise a mini-me, and would not abide her raising a mini-her.

Quote:Seem's you quit reading at the word bus, he is as hateful toward us as anyone can be and I take him serious.

GC

But your god is a miserable motherfucker and you are fine with that.  Gotcha.
(September 14, 2017 at 12:44 pm)Nymphadora Wrote:
(September 14, 2017 at 9:28 am)Khemikal Wrote: They certainly didn't respect you enough to dissuade you from a fairy based world view or provide you with anything remotely resembling a factual assessment of the catholic institution or it's positions.  

Not really a dig.  I lie to my own kids all the time, too.  It's superfun, and takes alot less time than providing a legitimate answer to their every question.

You should do what I do and require them to think about their question before asking it. They should ask themselves if the question they want to ask, is going to cause parental brainhurt in some sort of way. If the answer is yes - they shouldn't ask it. Big Grin

Hahahaha, fuck that!  You have no idea how hilarious it is to watch my kids go on to then sell the lie I provided them to other people.  They like to share, you see..particularly what they know about everything as related by daddy.

Wink

Lying to my children is the last wholesome and true bit of fun I have.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 14, 2017 at 8:47 pm)Khemikal Wrote:
(September 14, 2017 at 12:44 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: You should do what I do and require them to think about their question before asking it. They should ask themselves if the question they want to ask, is going to cause parental brainhurt in some sort of way. If the answer is yes - they shouldn't ask it. Big Grin

Hahahaha, fuck that!  You have no idea how hilarious it is to watch my kids go on to then sell the lie I provided them to other people.  They like to share, you see..particularly what they know about everything as related by daddy.

Wink

I try not to ever lie to my children. Somehow I still get the same comical (sometimes embarrassing) effect when my children relate things I have said to them. Kids share too much. I do tell my children often that I'm going to sell them to the Mexican drug lords. That's one of my lie exceptions lmao.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(September 14, 2017 at 8:47 pm)Khemikal Wrote:
(September 14, 2017 at 12:44 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: You should do what I do and require them to think about their question before asking it. They should ask themselves if the question they want to ask, is going to cause parental brainhurt in some sort of way. If the answer is yes - they shouldn't ask it. Big Grin

Wink

How old are they? When S was 5, I had her convinced that small children tasted like chicken. Big Grin
Lies are fun lmao.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Lizards are baby alligators with a taste for human flesh, and I invented the peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  Also, if their toes touch creek water then they'll fucking DIE!

The kids I lie to are 4ish through 10ish?  Pretty much primetime for screwing with them.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 13, 2017 at 11:47 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(September 13, 2017 at 11:25 pm)Godscreated Wrote: I mean any sensible person, does that include you?

GC

I accept scientific facts.

I don't accept claims.

Creationists, in particular YECs, are not rational or sensible.

Sure we are, we know there has to be a beginning point, we have one, you have snail poop.

GC

(September 14, 2017 at 1:49 am)Aroura Wrote:
(September 13, 2017 at 11:01 pm)Godscreated Wrote: Seem's you quit reading at the word bus, he is as hateful toward us as anyone can be and I take him serious.

GC

Yet you would applaud the "Dinosaur Train," that program targets the most vulnerable children and does it by the masses. That show claims things to be true that adults would never accept.

GC
Here you go, this is the post I meant.

Dinosaur Train is awesome! I actually watched it with my daughter when she was younger.  There was nothing in it I couldn't accept to be true. It just teaches kids what scientists have recently discovered, and some of their best guesses, which they even explain how those theories are formed and why, about one of kids favorite subjects, dinosaurs!

I've watched a number of times to see what they say and they claim much as fact that in reality isn't. Don't try to excuse their behavior, that type of behavior is what Christians will reject every time.

GC

(September 14, 2017 at 9:04 am)Harry Nevis Wrote:
(September 13, 2017 at 11:01 pm)Godscreated Wrote: Seem's you quit reading at the word bus, he is as hateful toward us as anyone can be and I take him serious.

GC

Yet you would applaud the "Dinosaur Train," that program targets the most vulnerable children and does it by the masses. That show claims things to be true that adults would never accept.

GC

And what are these things that DT says are true?

They say very little that's true, guys I'm not going to sit and argue over a show I have observed many times and see the flaws presented to children, if it's okay with you to have your children brainwashed then go ahead.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
I have nothing against Amish .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

So if the Amish allow access to the outside but then banish those who lapse...are they not still abusive assholes? Even if it varies by degrees, it's a fucked up kind of thing they're doing.

Wishing the assholes who do harm to children would win a Darwin award so that they can not harm children anymore, is hardly a bad thing. Wishing Jeffrey Dahmer had become paralyzed from the neck down before he got his hands on any of his victims, hardly a bad thing. So when I say I'd rather see the guilty rendered incapable of further dirtying their hands than watch an innocent suffer, I'm actually morally superior to Yahweh, who likes to threaten hell for perpetrators after the fact rather than take corrective or preventative action and spare the rest of his children from all the pain and grief (there was a great episode of The Atheist Experience where Tracy Harris used a pedophile as the example rather than a brainwasher, but like I said, it's hardly different to me). Guess no one thought of that little flaw in their rationalization about big daddy being a good guy, but given the lack of critical intelligence around here, that's no surprise at all. At least if Yahweh was sending strategic lightning strikes against serial killers right as their rampages were about to start, that would be something worth respecting. But instead we get hurricanes and tsunamis that drown tens of thousands of babies in places where people staunchly worship their favorite flavor of god. And assholes who tell their children that the motherfucker behind these disasters is the paragon of all goodness and is always watching them and that he'll send an earthquake their way if they touch themselves and burn them forever after they die. How. Is. This. Not. Criminal?
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
[Image: a-quite-different-world.jpg?itok=bghlrhfj]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stop Asking Me to Go to Church with You Rhondazvous 27 3098 May 13, 2019 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Pope tries to stop Rolling Stones from playing in Cuba zebo-the-fat 15 3473 March 30, 2016 at 5:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Ken Ham: "Stop sciencing, astrophysicists! Aliens are hellbound!" Esquilax 69 12517 August 1, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The path to truth, stop the delusion! That guy who asked questions 7 4323 May 22, 2013 at 11:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Six die because church says STOP HIV treatment KichigaiNeko 40 18430 April 1, 2012 at 3:15 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Sex-obsessed Catholics just can't stop interfering Cyberman 14 7904 March 12, 2012 at 11:59 am
Last Post: Xcentric