Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 4:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kate Steinle's Killer Found Not Guilty
RE: Kate Steinle's Killer Found Not Guilty
You think a wall would have prevented the death?  Are murderers unfamiliar with the concept of a ladder?  What of the vast majority of non murderous immigrants?  They commit crimes at a lower rate than natives...after all.

I think that you're belittling the victim and pretty much everyone else, as well as this great nation......by using it as a pretext for ignorant sloganeering. But you do you.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Instead of building a wall, we should just ban guns. If the illegal immigrant never had a gun, Kate Steinle would have been alive. If it'd save ONE life, surely it would be worth it. And unlike the wall it would neither be expensive, nor would it have negative environmental impact.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
That'll never happen lol
As much as you hate illegals they are cheap workers...and at the end of the day that's what matters..
Even old trump hired foreign workers, didn't he?
One could argue Illegals are even essential for your country and to maintain your lifestyle. many sectors will just shut down overnight if you build the wall™..you're essentially reaping the benefits of the work of cheap labor of illegals... Without them businesses will find it difficult to balance their profit and lose and probably shut down.. bringing down your quality of life as well.. Lol
Xenophobia is always self defeating, Pool.  The goose-stepping Trumpsters we have are worthless little fuckers who would starve were it not for the messicans that keep them awake at night.  

As a fellow member of the master race...they embarrass me.  If we built a wall, I'd want it to keep -them- out. Bunch of entitled shitstains.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 30, 2017 at 9:54 pm)A Theist Wrote:
(November 30, 2017 at 9:42 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Uhh...you do realize that American citizens kill people all the time, don't you?

'Some men are rapists.  Ban all the men!!!'
Uhh...then we don't need to compound that problem by looking the other way when illegals sneak across our border and commit those same crimes! Get that wall built!

I'm one of the liberals who agrees that tighter border security is a good idea.

That said, the idiotic wall is a product of a very simplistic mind who can't even comprehend the intelligence and determination of a domestic cat - never mind the ingenuity of a desperate human being. I don't know off the top of my head what the best way to tackle this situation would be but the simplistic idea of a big fucking wall over a thousand mile span is something worthy of a 5-year-old. Seriously, grow to fuck up! Real-world problems are not solved with knee-jerk ideas come up with by drunk idiots with no imagination.

Even if a stupid wall would be effective, are you aware of a recent study that the Eminent Domain cases required to seize land for the idiotic wall against unwilling private holders would carry on for decades?

Pull your simplistic head out of your simplistic ass and THINK! By the time we could even build the idiotic thing (at enormous cost), the situation would likely be changed.

I'm all for PRACTICAL measures to better secure our borders. I do agree it's a problem. More border patrol agents better equipped and with surveillance drones at their disposal might do the trick. I don't know because I haven't studied it. But a big, fucking wall? Are you serious? This ISN'T the middle ages. I doubt it would work even if it were. How hard is it to build a fucking ramp? It might seem hard to you because you are not in need but to a desperate person or a group of desperate people, it's just another hurdle to leap. If you feel you MUST achieve a certain end, you WILL find a way of achieving it because that is the Human Spirit. We do what we have to do.

The most effective way to secure our borders is probably to put pressure on the Mexican government to provide their people with a decent enough life so they won't feel compelled to flee here illegally. I'll admit I don't know what the practicality of that is but it's got to be better than the practicality of building a wall.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Our problems are not imported.  If you're interested in "practical measures"....enhanced border security isn't one of those. Our borders are already secure. I promise you, no invading army will roll through them anytime soon.

If what you actually mean by "border security" is more like "stop the poors from coming here"...the only way to do that is to make this place so shitty that even the poors wouldn't want to come here.

To that, I can only say...they're trying their best. I hope they fail.
(December 1, 2017 at 12:26 am)Cecelia Wrote: Instead of building a wall, we should just ban guns.  If the illegal immigrant never had a gun, Kate Steinle would have been alive.  If it'd save ONE life, surely it would be worth it.  And unlike the wall it would neither be expensive, nor would it have negative environmental impact.

The gun was stolen (or misplaced by) from a cop.  So the woman ended up dead through a chain of unforeseen events because the cop lost control of his gun.

(December 1, 2017 at 1:16 am)Khemikal Wrote: Our problems are not imported.  If you're interested in "practical measures"....enhanced border security isn't one of those.  Our borders are already secure.  I promise you, no invading army will roll through them anytime soon.

If what you actually mean by "border security" is more like "stop the poors from coming here"...the only way to do that is to make this place so shitty that even the poors wouldn't want to come here.  

To that, I can only say...they're trying their best.  I hope they fail.

Those illegals aliens are going to be sorry they came here when North Korea nukes us.
(November 30, 2017 at 9:32 pm)A Theist Wrote:
(November 30, 2017 at 9:22 pm)Minimalist Wrote: When fucktards like you can work up the same outrage for black motorists who get gunned down by cops because they have broken tail lights then I'll pay attention to your fucking bullshit whining.

Were you on the jury?  Did you hear the evidence?

Much as you hate it, you don't get to hang people because they are a different color than you.

Fuck that cock sucking jury and fuck you too! That mother fucking illegal border jumper has a criminal past and was deported from this country five fucking times! Then he sneaks back into this country again and kills Kate Steinle with a stolen gun. Build that fucking wall!

Buahahahhaha!!! A Theist still thinks Trump wants to build the wall!! Trump makes racist tweets for his racist base and they fall for it, but in reality Trump is so "concerned" about the immigrant threat that he's constantly hiring new immigrants to work for him: meaning he wants them around to stay. Like this is one of the latest news:

[Image: Vo0RDls6_o.jpg]
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-r...st-workers

Or this one
Trump secures 70 foreign workers for Mar-a-Lago
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/natio...story.html

or this one
Trump Paid $1 Million–Plus Settlement to Undocumented Immigrant Workers on Trump Tower Project
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2...oject.html

Trump would be the very last one in US who would want to block immigrants because he makes money off them and if there's one thing Trump hates the most is if someone is to part him with his money.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(December 1, 2017 at 1:16 am)Khemikal Wrote: Our problems are not imported.  If you're interested in "practical measures"....enhanced border security isn't one of those.  Our borders are already secure.  I promise you, no invading army will roll through them anytime soon.

To that, I can only say...they're trying their best.  I hope they fail.

Another way would be to stop helping making the places they come from so shitty. Instead of spening so much money on the "war on drugs" spend a fraction on education or a mini Marshall Programme and keep the rest for a money pool (a la Scrooge McDuck), it'll result in less people trying to cross the most inhospitable parts of your border (after a few years).
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
I'm not a lawyer, but to my eye, calling killing someone a murder when it was accomplished via a ricochet instead of calling it an accident of sorts is concerning.

Depraved indifference or reckless conduct of course, but deliberate murder? Just having trouble seeing that. If the prosecutors rolled the dice on over charging, well, that's the risk they take.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  'For Allah' Inscription Found on Viking Era Ring WinterHold 26 1789 September 29, 2021 at 10:05 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Republicans are scared of Trump despite knowing he is guilty Prime Time 0 339 February 10, 2020 at 5:21 am
Last Post: Prime Time
  Bounty Hunters found not guilty in case of gunning down innocent black man Cecelia 21 1885 August 3, 2019 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Saudi Arabia: Two Saudi girls who flee to the U.S.A for asylum, were found dead WinterHold 1 674 October 31, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  5 suspicious packages found in the last 24 hours Joods 188 16480 October 29, 2018 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Bill Cosby Guilty! c172 139 25940 May 11, 2018 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  East Area Rapist/ Killer caught Seraphina 29 4258 April 29, 2018 at 4:07 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  The WLB Found Another Scumbag to Pardon Minimalist 0 334 April 13, 2018 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Texas judge interrupts jury, says God told him defendant is not guilty Tiberius 17 3220 January 21, 2018 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Bundy Militia Dipwads Found ‘Not’ Guilty, Again, Due To Pre-Existing Whiteness By Do The Grand Nudger 8 1881 August 23, 2017 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: Minimalist