Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 5:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The benefits of being christian. Where are there???
RE: The benefits of being christian. Where are there???
(January 2, 2018 at 1:34 am)Astreja Wrote:
(January 2, 2018 at 12:45 am)Haipule Wrote: Glad we cleared the air, my love turtle dove!

*meep*

*coo* *coo*

(January 2, 2018 at 1:03 am)Whateverist Wrote: Hey, I have a dog as my avatar.  I know all about horn dogs.  And no peeing on the carpets either!
Oddly, that's the only time I spell my name, Bill, with a pee?
My girlfriend thinks I'm a stalker. Well...she's not my girlfriend "yet".

I discovered a new vitamin that fights cancer. I call it ...B9

I also invented a diet pill. It works great but had to quit taking it because of the side effects. Turns out my penis is larger and my hair grew back. And whoa! If you think my hair is nice!

When does size truly matter? When it's TOO big!

I'm currently working on a new pill I call "Destenze". However...now my shoes don't fit.
(January 2, 2018 at 1:34 am)Astreja Wrote:
(January 2, 2018 at 12:45 am)Haipule Wrote: Glad we cleared the air, my love turtle dove!

*meep*
meep

The most versatile word in the English language, or in fact any language!

Can mean whatever you want it to mean, but the most popular uses are:
1. An exclamation akin to 'ouch' or 'uh oh..'
2. Filling in the blanks where other (rude) words would go.
3. A greeting! I personally say meep instead of Hello...
4. A random expression of happiness used to fill gaps in conversation.

Meep is the best word ever! Meep!
1. "HEY GET BACK HERE!!!" "Meep!" 0.0
2. "Ahh.. Meeping Hell!" >.<
3. "Meep." ^.^
4. "....meep...." ^__^
by Lady Meep December 31, 2003

I'm sure you meant the #4 meaning right?

I don't know why you degraded a nice conversation about discrimination on Atheist Forums into Penthouse Forum!
My girlfriend thinks I'm a stalker. Well...she's not my girlfriend "yet".

I discovered a new vitamin that fights cancer. I call it ...B9

I also invented a diet pill. It works great but had to quit taking it because of the side effects. Turns out my penis is larger and my hair grew back. And whoa! If you think my hair is nice!

When does size truly matter? When it's TOO big!

I'm currently working on a new pill I call "Destenze". However...now my shoes don't fit.
(January 2, 2018 at 6:55 pm)Haipule Wrote:
(January 2, 2018 at 1:34 am)Astreja Wrote: *meep*
meep

The most versatile word in the English language, or in fact any language!

...I'm sure you meant the #4 meaning right?

Actually, I was channeling Beaker from the Muppet Show.   Tongue
I guess the only response to my critique of the OP was asking what's wrong with being selfish. And meep.
<insert profound quote here>
(December 27, 2017 at 4:53 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(December 27, 2017 at 4:45 pm)Drich Wrote: Direct line to God. All questions answered, wisdom given and problems worked out together. Never alone.
So why is it that you do not have one of those?

I have all of those qualities. I have run out of questions to ask God, that is why I come here to take your questions to God inorder to have a deeper understanding. You douche bags asks questions I would never dare ask God. Yet I take yor questions to him anyway. Guess what I can do that no other can. I can reconcile creation with all of evolution and not change the 7 day literal creation narritive and I can completely incorperate the 8 trillion years or so needed for life to 'evolve from slime.' without changing anything. I can reconcile the ark, the great flood, and just about every single other supposed contradiction you guys can copy from another skeptic's website. I've experienced Hell spoken with an angel and been judged by Christ face to face. All through the holy Spirit. Which also lead me to feed the hungry, work with the innercity youth, create a singles group from which I and a dozen other people and subsequently several dozen children were created as a result of. And now 10+ years as an online minister answering questions that atheists have. and Out of those 10 years not once has God been stumped. Now the douche bag who hates God may not like the answer that I give because it may force him to admit he has the wrong understanding of God (meaning his question is built on a snow man fallacy) and to answer the question I must address how God is described Biblical rather than address the question built on the snowmen fallacy. (those are the douche bags from which I spek/those who will not accept that their version of God is a snowman built on some/afew characteristics of God found in the bible, but their view is not correct or a complete understanding, yet they presist in their version of God..

I share my Spiritual experiences because IF you ever tried any of that stuff you would know cohesion in a spiritual group is next to impossible unless there is a greater good/presence keeping people together.. Ever greater still is the presence of God to have such a group grow.

ith the pantry we had several hundred families we help feed every week

In the innercity we had 4 to 6 school bus loads of children we managed every week and one week out of the year held a bible camp for them

The singles ministry started out with me and a buddy and quickly gain 80 members out of a 400-500 member church

Each and everytime a group of mine got to a critical mass the church or some other organization wanted to step in.. Then it was their presence who the people felt and not God, and each time those groups dissipated.

People like you are NOT stupid. If you promise God, and no God shows up then they quickly move on. However if you promise God and those people listen and experience God in some way they stick around!

This is my latest ministry, and just look at all the members "sticking around" not fluff filled christians, but hard core atheists! Tongue

(December 27, 2017 at 10:03 pm)Astreja Wrote:
(December 27, 2017 at 4:45 pm)Drich Wrote: Direct line to God. All questions answered, wisdom given and problems worked out together. Never alone.

How do you distinguish that from the voice of your own imagination?  There's a technique described in Napoleon Hill's book Think and Grow Rich where you create a "mastermind group" of role models (e.g. an inventor might elect to put Leonardo, Edison and Tesla in his group) and then mentally discuss things with them.  I've done similar things with purportedly fictional characters, to profoundly positive effect in my own life.

Quote:...I am asking you to "work" on the behalf of the land owner right now. Will you take up the Cross of Jesus and have your sins forgiven now?

I doubt that I would ever do such a thing.  The whole scenario strikes me as batshit barmy to the max.
In my case when I ask a question to God it is because I do not know. Then I am given a thought or an idea of how it works.. I write it down and then I google it to see if what I have written out is right. In short I vett my information with valid source material. If the answer was internal I would not need to ask the question.
(January 3, 2018 at 11:03 am)Drich Wrote: I have all of those qualities. I have run out of questions to ask God, that is why I come here to take your questions to God inorder to have a deeper understanding. You douche bags asks questions I would never dare ask God. Yet I take yor questions to him anyway. Guess what I can do that no other can.
Well, then ask your god exactly what would convince me that he exists and is worthy of worship. Report back with god's answer.
(January 3, 2018 at 11:17 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(January 3, 2018 at 11:03 am)Drich Wrote: I have all of those qualities. I have run out of questions to ask God, that is why I come here to take your questions to God inorder to have a deeper understanding. You douche bags asks questions I would never dare ask God. Yet I take yor questions to him anyway. Guess what I can do that no other can.
Well, then ask your god exactly what would convince me that he exists and is worthy of worship. Report back with god's answer.

A personal one on one Doubting Thomas experience protracted over time. Meaning not only do you get your version of putting you hands on the wounds of Christ but you have this access to God the rest of your life on your terms..

The problem? in essence You want God to be your servant. you want to conjure and have God do things for you. You do not want a God you want a genie. Otherwise your question would be "what do I have to do to serve God" Not what does God have to do for me to proove he is worthy of you.

Now in essence this is What God is offering in Luke 11, if you can humble yourself and meet Him on His terms. Which then turns the tables back where you like me would have complete access to God, except now you will be working for Him. instead He serving you.

Here's the thing sport. God does not love everyone. God loves his Children/all of them, but again not all are his children. If you can come to a place where you do not demand God seek you out and serve you, then He rightfully so wants nothing to do with you as you already belong to another.
(January 3, 2018 at 11:31 am)Drich Wrote:
(January 3, 2018 at 11:17 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote: Well, then ask your god exactly what would convince me that he exists and is worthy of worship. Report back with god's answer.

A personal one on one Doubting Thomas experience protracted over time. Meaning not only do you get your version of putting you hands on the wounds of Christ but you have this access to God the rest of your life on your terms..

The problem? in essence You want God to be your servant. you want to conjure and have God do things for you. You do not want a God you want a genie. Otherwise your question would be "what do I have to do to serve God" Not what does God have to do for me to proove he is worthy of you.

Now in essence this is What God is offering in Luke 11, if you can humble yourself and meet Him on His terms. Which then turns the tables back where you like me would have complete access to God, except now you will be working for Him. instead He serving you.

Here's the thing sport. God does not love everyone. God loves his Children/all of them, but again not all are his children. If you can come to a place where you do not demand God seek you out and serve you, then He rightfully so wants nothing to do with you as you already belong to another.
Do you understand what an atheist is?
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
(January 3, 2018 at 11:03 am)Drich Wrote: In my case when I ask a question to God it is because I do not know. Then I am given a thought or an idea of how it works.. I write it down and then I google it to see if what I have written out is right. In short I vett my information with valid source material. If the answer was internal I would not need to ask the question.

I can do exactly the same thing by mentally consulting Oðinn, Raistlin Majere, or my guardian dragon Glori.  Sounds like all you're doing is mentally stepping into a different perspective and letting your unconscious mind take the com.
Wait...wait......we imagine shit and then consult the internet, and this is our divine provenance?  Do we worship Google or something? That seems to be who's answering our questions. What happens when you type it in and google says "Nein!"?

Is there a process of penance for heresy in that case, to the Almighty Search Bar ?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 90976 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Are there any Christian proselytizers left in this subforum? Jehanne 157 22305 October 8, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Should I tell my parents I faked being christian? Der/die AtheistIn 26 5773 January 15, 2018 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Is there another motivation for christian belief? brewer 118 17956 September 23, 2016 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: TubbyTubby
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7570 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  What makes the Christian God different from thr thousands of other Gods out there? bluemonday 66 12422 March 8, 2014 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  How many christian beliebers are there? Belac Enrobso 9 2000 December 29, 2013 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Has anyone ever found a way to reconsile being Gay/Bi/Lesbien and being a Christian? pop_punks_not_dead 102 44069 February 18, 2013 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Rant of logic: There is no such thing as a "Christian" GateofZion 53 21602 January 5, 2013 at 5:57 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Relationships - Christian and non-Christian way Ciel_Rouge 6 6388 August 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: frankiej