Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 5:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
100 Facts Every Atheist Teen Must Know
RE: 100 Facts Every Atheist Teen Must Know
But you see... I love the serpent's hand. I encourage sex, you see... strongly, even. Smile

So i'm already amoral as far as most prudish humans are concerned Tongue
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Hmn, serpents with hands and other anthropomorphic features, where have I heard this before? Thinking
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore_talk:Tsaesci

Right there, I think.
(August 29, 2011 at 10:27 am)fr0d0 Wrote: I would agree FTM... but would add that critical thinking skills don't lead to one POV. Perhaps your own influence was biased in favour of atheism, or more precisely: science.

I don't want to advocate one POV. I just want people to think critically and come to their own conclusion. This will lessen religion's influence.

fr0d0 Wrote:Our current culture is becoming increasingly inept at thinking outside of scientific restraints. I wonder if we could still come up with the genius of religious texts, let alone even appreciate them.

That's because we're finding that thinking outside of science is less and less useful to our daily lives. As for the genius of religious texts, I know not what you speak of.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Oh we were great at thinking outside of science once. There were pixies at the bottom of each garden and every tree had a dryad. Have fun with that, I like it here.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Glarf tells me that science is the best way to know truth; why wouldn't I listen to him? He is, after all, an omniscient being who exists outside of space and time.
Logic and science are both a set of organized observations of the natural world. Exactly how one finds a god that is constantly defined as un-observible from within those walls is beyond me.
(August 29, 2011 at 12:26 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: I can. If by 12 you can't read such a simple thing as Age of Reason by the noted author... you're stupid.

Harsh. And quite misses the point. Not every youngster is willing or able to read through Paine, Sagan, or Hawking. You, Sae, are not statistically significant. ;-)

(August 29, 2011 at 12:26 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: To improve '100facts'... i highly recommend it involve the things that teens are interested in.

Such as?

(August 29, 2011 at 12:26 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: So 100 Facts Every Teen Should Know. More likely to sell, see? Smile

Free book. 90,000 readers so far. Selling is not a concern.

(August 29, 2011 at 12:26 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: And the more... the better. Write 10 times this much, and it will

... defeat the purpose of conciseness, and be impractical to write.
It should have more dicks and boobs on the cover! Big Grin

Overall I liked what I read, but fear that it will only reach the already converted much like Micheal Moore films. There is no way I'm aware of to subvert the existing culture except to wait for brownian motion to affect the zeitgeist accidently. I think Leary had the right idea; just flood the airwaves with disinformation and force people to search for meaning using a better epistemology.
100Facts Wrote:Harsh.

Not so... I say you should be able to read such a thing by the time you are 9. But I understand that some people have horrible religious parents... so i'm not about to call them all stupid until at least 10.

Quote:Such as?

I told you on the first page what teens are interested in.

Quote:Free book. 90,000 readers so far. Selling is not a concern.

Bah... free books are usually worthless. Luck to you.

Quote:... defeat the purpose of conciseness, and be impractical to write.

Wrong... when asking someone if they should buy something with 100 somethings... or 1000 somethings, for the asme price... most of us will be going with more for less. Those who think less is more weren't going to last very long anyway. And it is not so impractical... I write so much as that every week, at least.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supreme Court Rules Taxpayers Must Fund Religious Schools Duty 17 1634 July 2, 2020 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
Wink 100% proof why atheism is True!!! Edward John 89 12814 November 10, 2016 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Fact, every single german nazi was a christian Deepthunk 249 62510 August 16, 2016 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Facts about Atheists Heat 21 3260 November 19, 2015 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Alex K
  This is so funny a must see Manowar 16 4381 September 28, 2015 at 6:42 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Religion must end. Spooky 60 9499 April 24, 2015 at 12:35 am
Last Post: Jenny A
  Man Crucified Every Year Manowar 10 3152 April 5, 2015 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Must We Know Everything? Jenny A 24 3743 March 19, 2015 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Famed biologist says religion ‘is dragging us down’ and must be eliminated Mudhammam 24 5653 February 7, 2015 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  10 Questions for Every Atheist Clueless Morgan 38 6564 July 16, 2014 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72