Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 8:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There Is No Sin!
RE: There Is No Sin!
(March 23, 2018 at 6:42 pm)Banned Wrote:
(March 23, 2018 at 6:25 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: You don't understand shit Banned so kindly stop making a fool of yourself

How does anything you say matter?

Aren't you set up for oblivion?

Or do you "imagine" something more grand?
Sigh your mind games don't work on me Banned . And your questions are the only things on this page that don't matter . Are set up to oblivion . And your the only one who "imagines" you have made a clever point . And don't imagine a better world i know it's possible regardless of death .

(March 23, 2018 at 6:47 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
(March 23, 2018 at 6:42 pm)Banned Wrote: How does anything you say matter?

People make things matter. Civil rights for instance. Equality of the races, sexes. We make them matter by struggling for them, arguing for them. No room for pessimists, if you can't be part of the solution, then please refrain from depressing the problem solvers with your doom and gloom.

(March 23, 2018 at 6:42 pm)Banned Wrote: How does anything you say matter?

You are thinking short term again. And if there is a resolved future bliss, then you won't be part of it, and even that state for the future citizens will only last for generation if that.

If we go by facts alone, such as history, without considering utopian fantasies, we have what we have.

No room for pessimists.
He's a Christian they believe humans are doomed to fail on our own .And that we can never improve on our own . And that were always doomed to repeat the past . Yup pessimists would be the right word .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(March 23, 2018 at 6:30 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: Fuck your stupid banned  Dodgy

What does that matter in your scheme of evolution?
It would seem like an obvious point..but regardless of your beliefs on the matter of evolutionary biology..our actions do matter - they have consequences, and our moral systems inform our actions.

If the only sense in which it mattered was how those systems informed our actions and the pursuant consequences of those actions..it would matter plenty enough. This is, conveniently, the "consequentialist" position.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 23, 2018 at 6:47 pm)chimp3 Wrote: No room for pessimists.

Time and death won't discriminate.
Neither you nor I nor chimp are dead yet, so why would -that- matter?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:What does that matter in your scheme of evolution?
On evolution nope . Does it matter aside evolution yes . Because evolution is not the ultimate prescriptive ends . And only morons like you think i think it does .

Quote:Time and death won't discriminate.
Nope nor does it matter if they did . Because morality is not about either . Once again stupid
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(March 23, 2018 at 6:57 pm)Banned Wrote:
(March 23, 2018 at 6:47 pm)chimp3 Wrote: No room for pessimists.

Time and death won't discriminate.

You have that right Banned! We can only learn as much about health and long living to offset those two culprits a small bit.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(March 23, 2018 at 6:55 pm)Khemikal Wrote: It would seem like an obvious point..but regardless of your beliefs on the matter of evolutionary biology..our actions do matter - they have consequences, and our moral systems inform our actions.

If the only sense in which it mattered was how those systems informed our actions and the pursuant consequences of those actions..it would matter plenty enough. This is, conveniently, the "consequentialist" position.

What exactly matters to you when you're dead?

(March 23, 2018 at 6:59 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
(March 23, 2018 at 6:57 pm)Banned Wrote: Time and death won't discriminate.

You have that right Banned! We can only learn as much about health and long living to offset those two culprits a small bit.

Off setting won't make any difference when you're dead.
Quote:What exactly matters to you when you're dead?
It's not about death .

Quote:Off setting won't make any difference when you're dead.
Once again it's not about death

Inuit Proverb

(March 23, 2018 at 7:00 pm)Banned Wrote:
(March 23, 2018 at 6:55 pm)Khemikal Wrote: It would seem like an obvious point..but regardless of your beliefs on the matter of evolutionary biology..our actions do matter - they have consequences, and our moral systems inform our actions.

If the only sense in which it mattered was how those systems informed our actions and the pursuant consequences of those actions..it would matter plenty enough.  This is, conveniently, the "consequentialist" position.

What exactly matters to you when you're dead?
Nothing..but a moral system circumscribes sets of actions in life...so.....?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Hate the sin, not the sinner" is such a logical fallacy Woah0 7 1018 September 7, 2022 at 4:24 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Homosexuality no longer a sin Foxaèr 155 20761 June 20, 2018 at 5:34 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Did Jesus ever sin? ignoramus 59 12404 May 3, 2018 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why as an Atheist I Cannot Sin Rhondazvous 35 8185 September 17, 2017 at 7:42 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Adam's Sin -- Independence and Revellion InteresedUser 24 8525 May 27, 2017 at 11:30 am
Last Post: chimp3
  The stupidity of sin robvalue 164 23246 October 14, 2016 at 7:32 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Theists Hate Being Parodied Even More Than They Hate "Sin" Minimalist 14 4207 April 21, 2016 at 3:19 am
Last Post: GUBU
  The Meaning of Sin, False Christians, Atheists, and Misinterpretations TheChrist 64 14484 August 2, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  To The Religious People...Can God See Sin? Nope 30 7359 December 3, 2014 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  I wonder if it's a sin to riot loot and burn? strawdawg 14 3569 August 19, 2014 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen