Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2024, 12:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Turn of Events in California
RE: Interesting Turn of Events in California
(May 9, 2018 at 12:04 pm)Minimalist Wrote: And they have a budget surplus....

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-gove...86288.html

unlike those shithole red states which are going broke because they can't stop throwing money at millionaires.

Yeah, appeasement/trickle-down does not work.

The only thing wrong with so many liberals preferring each other's company is we win this one overwhelmingly but can't make a big enough showing in all those red states to help influence things nationally.
Quote:You might also notice that the right leaning State of Texas does fairly well also.

You mean when chemical plants aren't blowing up, right?
(May 9, 2018 at 12:25 pm)Joods Wrote:
(May 9, 2018 at 12:19 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Welcome to the 
GOP FREE California
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely face

Plenty of room
At GOP FREE California
What a nice surprise
Free from alibis

Being as you're an ABBA fanboy, I'm not sure whether to think you've enhanced that song or ruined it.

Big Grin Angel Big Grin Angel Big Grin Angel

MISSEN LISTER! NOBODY PUTS ABBA IN THE CORNER! Big Grin
California poverty ?

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2...very-much/
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

That is a terrible election system though, it just reinforces the two party system earlier in the election process.
The amusing thing about it, Divi Tiberio, is that it was a GOP idea which went to the voters as a constitutional amendment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California..._14_(2010)

Personally I love it when the Law of Unintended Consequences comes back to bite someone in the ass.
(May 9, 2018 at 12:42 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 9, 2018 at 12:25 pm)Joods Wrote: Being as you're an ABBA fanboy, I'm not sure whether to think you've enhanced that song or ruined it.

Big Grin Angel Big Grin Angel Big Grin Angel

MISSEN LISTER! NOBODY PUTS ABBA IN THE CORNER! Big Grin

Lol... that's Mizz to you and ABBA not only belongs in the corner, but ABBA gets a giant dunce cap as well!  Big Grin
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(May 9, 2018 at 12:08 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: They also have the highest poverty rate.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.c...utType=amp

You might also notice that the right leaning State of Texas does fairly well also.

Typical right wing garbage.

Truth is the enemy of the fascists.  That's why they lie like rugs.
(May 10, 2018 at 11:15 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(May 9, 2018 at 12:08 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: They also have the highest poverty rate.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.c...utType=amp

You might also notice that the right leaning State of Texas does fairly well also.

Typical right wing garbage.

What exactly are you saying is garbage? Sometimes people do shift numbers, and I complain when they are not consistent (for example shifting the number of black people killed by cops, yet not shifting the number of cops killed by black people based on the percentage of population). The question always is, if the data point is valid. If you are talking about poverty or the inverse of people doing well; then I believe that cost of living plays a part in determining if something is better. If there is one thing that I have learned from business, it is that you can have excellent sales; but that doesn't necessarily mean, that you made a profit. You need to put numbers into perspective and be able to justify why you are adjusting.

Secondly, as someone mentioned when the state of Texas was mentioned, is that it is not necessarily social (right or left leaning) policies which make the difference. Correlation does not necessarily mean causation, As someone pointed out, with the oil in regards to Texas, California has a number of things which aid it, apart from it's social policies. Are liberal countries in Europe doing as well? What about other liberal States? You can't just cherry pick the good data; economics is a highly complex subject, and you can find a number of different views and opinions in that regard. Much like politics; you can always point to current or past activity to either praise or condemn the party / subject that you have bias either for or against. This was my point in bringing up the second largest GDP in the country (Texas). In which case, trying to pin things on liberal policies does not bode quite as well. You may also note, that population has some significance when comparing GDP.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Silver 11 1664 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are Christians trying to turn US into a theocracy? Fake Messiah 11 991 October 8, 2020 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Interesting Scenario BrianSoddingBoru4 5 423 August 28, 2020 at 11:16 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Trump supporters made a very interesting video brewer 19 1809 October 15, 2019 at 7:18 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Republicunts Turn Against the CBO Minimalist 3 694 July 24, 2017 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Supreme Court Cases (and other interesting cases) - A Thread! TheRealJoeFish 11 3842 June 2, 2017 at 11:58 am
Last Post: TheRealJoeFish
  Romania's hot events [crazy] Zenith 1 808 February 2, 2017 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Zenith
  BalancedRebelion.com interesting website for 3rd party voters ReptilianPeon 0 729 September 13, 2016 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Interesting Double Standard by the Corporate Media Minimalist 2 784 August 31, 2016 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Turn the Screws, Hillary... Minimalist 2 467 August 12, 2016 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist