Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 15, 2024, 12:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genesis interpretations - how many are there?
RE: Genesis interpretations - how many are there?
(July 13, 2018 at 9:38 am)Drich Wrote:
(July 12, 2018 at 8:20 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: And you understand the process of turning dust into human being?! Then "enlighten" me: how do you call a process in which someone takes dust from the ground and turns it into human being?

I understand the process of taking a human being and turning him into dust..

after all any process construction i give you will say that is not real dust.. But, If i can take a human carcas and decompile it to it's base elements "dust" will be what remains.. real can't deny it dust.

(July 12, 2018 at 10:45 am)Minimalist Wrote: Or, in the alternative story, takes a rib out of someone?

what you don't think it is possible to take dna out of a rib?

Because that is not what it says, fuckball.
(July 13, 2018 at 9:49 am)Crossless2.0 Wrote:
(July 13, 2018 at 12:54 am)Godscreated Wrote: Seems you're full of words with no proof.

GC

As usual, you miss the point.

You made no point, saying that I can't see things has no meaning in this thread. I'm done with your silly play.

GC

(July 13, 2018 at 4:35 pm)Succubus Wrote:
(July 13, 2018 at 1:07 am)Godscreated Wrote: if you can't prove there are contradictions then you haven't a leg to stand on and thus there is no contradictions.

GC

I'm sure this is a waste of keyboard ink but fuckit anyway.

Matthew 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ. 

Luke 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

Heli was Joseph's father-in law. Luke's genealogy was tracing back Mary's family tree and it was customary in those days to use the father-in-law as the grooms father to stay true to the genealogy of Mary's  family. you didn't waste ink if you learn what has been shown to you, if you deny it then you wasted more than ink. 

Quote:But it is very clear that not one of these sayings relates to Jesus; for he is not even from Judah. How could he be when according to you he was not born of Joseph but of the Holy Spirit? For though in your genealogies you trace Joseph back to Judah, you could not invent even this plausibly. For Matthew and Luke are refuted by the fact that they disagree concerning his genealogy. —Roman Emperor Flavius Claudius Julian, c. 361–363 CE

Succubus Wrote:Good old Julian, they weren't all fucking idiots in those days.

The roman emperor was not aware of the custom of using the bride's father as the father of the groom when tracing back the family tree of Mary. Women of that day were held in such low standing that even their genealogy was traced back using their husband's name. Seems strange to us in this day but was a normal and accepted action in those days.

GC

(July 13, 2018 at 5:36 pm)Wololo Wrote:
(July 13, 2018 at 1:07 am)Godscreated Wrote: I studied with many different Christians that could run circles around any atheist, I've seen it.

Name one.  I know the kind of christians you "study" with, they couldn't, collectively, rival the intellectual rigour and depth of a dead goldfish.

Well let's see my pastor for one who was a nuclear engineer before being call to the ministry. He's wife who was considered by her peers as an excellent teacher in the public school system. The only one i know who couldn't match a dead gold fish would be you, you've never brought an intelligent post before me ever.

GC

(July 13, 2018 at 2:05 am)Khemikal Wrote:
(July 13, 2018 at 1:07 am)Godscreated Wrote: That's a joke and you know it. I know some Christians know little about the Bible but all Christians realize the truth of scripture. I studied with many different Christians that could run circles around any atheist, I've seen it.
-and yet, you cant.  How did that happen?  Maybe you should bring them here to talk for you..so that your shitmouth doesn;t get in the way?  It;s important, after all.  Your imaginary friend is gonna burn us if we don;t believe.  It would be a shame if you were the reason people failed to have faith...don;t you think?

I've given the account of salvation through Jesus Christ all I'm required to do as a Christian witnessing to others. The Holy Spirit convicts and then it falls squarely on your shoulders as to what you do with it. Trying to blame me for your eternal destination want hold water ever. No one here to date has shown they know more about the scriptures than I do. I'm not saying I'm a scholar, but I do have the One who wrote the Bible through man, gives me a great edge.

GC

(July 13, 2018 at 3:03 am)Fake Messiah Wrote:
(July 13, 2018 at 1:07 am)Godscreated Wrote: There is nothing wrong with the Bible it is the perfect spiritual book for those who want to live with God forever.

GC

Except even according to Bible you won't live forever with god when you die because Heaven will perish Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

wah wah

Grow up and then read and study the Bible so you can at the least not embarrass yourself, what a dork.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(July 14, 2018 at 12:19 am)Godscreated Wrote:
(July 13, 2018 at 3:03 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Except even according to Bible you won't live forever with god when you die because Heaven will perish Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

wah wah

Grow up and then read and study the Bible so you can at the least not embarrass yourself, what a dork.

GC

Except the "Matthew" is a book in the Bible and it says that the heaven will perish and you can't deny it which means you won't live forever *wah* *wah*

GC is not gonna live forever even according to his Bible nah nah nah nah Tongue
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(July 13, 2018 at 1:07 am)Godscreated Wrote:
(July 12, 2018 at 1:33 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: We don't need to "prove" the contradictions.  We can just point you at them and you can read them for yourself.

if you can't prove there are contradictions then you haven't a leg to stand on and thus there is no contradictions.

Valkyrie Wrote:And, once again, in general atheists have a better knowledge of the bible than Christians.  The only ones who come close are Mormons.  Proved through multiple studies.

That's a joke and you know it. I know some Christians know little about the Bible but all Christians realize the truth of scripture. I studied with many different Christians that could run circles around any atheist, I've seen it.

Valkyrie Wrote:Finally, apologetics were invented to make excuses for the shortcomings of scriptures, as pointed out by multiple sources.  And if something needs apologetics, especially if that something eas supposedly written by a perfect being, then that something is fundamentally flawed.

No they were not , you are now trying to lie to give other atheist the wrong idea, but that's okay they as you will learn the truth one day. There is nothing wrong with the Bible it is the perfect spiritual book for those who want to live with God forever.

GC
Truly you are kidding!? Living with God "Forever" will NEVER include "spirituality"! Get over that fact right now! There is NO such thing as "Spirit", "spirituality" or, "spiritual"!

Or, do you have a "spiritual" gift? Are you a "spiritual" person living a "spiritual" life? By the power of some man invented "Holy Spirit"? 

Give me a break! Give us all a break! We've been spoon fed that crap for ions! And it is all bullshit!

"Holy Spirit" my ASS! Really dude!

Do you really think that pneuma(noun) means: "Spirit? And, pneumatikos(adjective), means: "spiritual"? And, pneumatikOs(adverb) means, "spiritually"?

pneuma views: the breath of intellect from an exterior source(God, I.E., Scripture) which has an effect. That effect is supposed to conduct you into being pneumatic(Adjective: pneumatikos): a pneumatic(adjective) man(Scripture) living pneumatikOs(adverb: according to Scripture)!

Wow! Wasn't that simple?

I am NOT "spiritual"! I have NO "spiritual" gift! I never have, and I never will have need of such 1900yr old
complete  nonsense of a "Spirit filled" misled clergy! The Bible says NO such thing!!!

Yet, the road to the psycho ward is paved with such idiocy!

If you want to live forever with God: be His sheep and be useful In HIS faith, in HIS hope, in HIS love, employing HIS righteousness in the all-thing of your God given life! So that you can stand with Him in HIS glory! If you look good to others...then God looks good to others!

Keep harpin' about "spiritualty" and you will look like the shit of the clergy! God has better things for you!
My girlfriend thinks I'm a stalker. Well...she's not my girlfriend "yet".

I discovered a new vitamin that fights cancer. I call it ...B9

I also invented a diet pill. It works great but had to quit taking it because of the side effects. Turns out my penis is larger and my hair grew back. And whoa! If you think my hair is nice!

When does size truly matter? When it's TOO big!

I'm currently working on a new pill I call "Destenze". However...now my shoes don't fit.
Quote:if you can't prove there are contradictions then you haven't a leg to stand on and thus there is no contradictions.

G-C being too pig-headed to acknowledge what is pointed out to you is not "scholarship."  Frankly, it childish.

Why are fundies the only ones who cannot see what is clearly written in their own fucking book?  Or is it that they refuse to see?
(July 14, 2018 at 3:32 am)Haipule Wrote:
(July 13, 2018 at 1:07 am)Godscreated Wrote: if you can't prove there are contradictions then you haven't a leg to stand on and thus there is no contradictions.

That's a joke and you know it. I know some Christians know little about the Bible but all Christians realize the truth of scripture. I studied with many different Christians that could run circles around any atheist, I've seen it.

No they were not , you are now trying to lie to give other atheist the wrong idea, but that's okay they as you will learn the truth one day. There is nothing wrong with the Bible it is the perfect spiritual book for those who want to live with God forever.

GC
Truly you are kidding!? Living with God "Forever" will NEVER include "spirituality"! Get over that fact right now! There is NO such thing as "Spirit", "spirituality" or, "spiritual"!

Or, do you have a "spiritual" gift? Are you a "spiritual" person living a "spiritual" life? By the power of some man invented "Holy Spirit"? 

Give me a break! Give us all a break! We've been spoon fed that crap for ions! And it is all bullshit!

Do you really think that pneuma(noun) means: "Spirit? And, pneumatikos(adjective), means: "spiritual"? And, pneumatikOs(adverb) means, "spiritually"?

pneuma views: the breath of intellect from an exterior source(God, I.E., Scripture) which has an effect. That effect is supposed to conduct you into being pneumatic(Adjective: pneumatikos): a pneumatic(adjective) man(Scripture) living pneumatikOs(adverb: according to Scripture)!

Wow! Wasn't that simple?

I am NOT "spiritual"! I have NO "spiritual" gift! I never have, and I never will have need of such 1900yr old
complete  nonsense of a "Spirit filled" misled clergy! The Bible says NO such thing!!!

If you want to live forever with God: be His sheep and be useful In HIS faith, in HIS hope, in HIS love, employing HIS righteousness in the all-thing of your God given life! So that you can stand with Him in HIS glory! If you look good to others...then God looks good to others!

Keep harpin' about "spiritualty" and you will look like the shit of the clergy! God has better things for you!

Whew! Sounds like you've had some run ins with some of us crazy Pentecostals in the past! :B

The word pneuma has connections with the older Hebrew word ruwach which meant wind, breath, soul, and yes, spirit.
(July 15, 2018 at 1:33 pm)JairCrawford Wrote:
(July 14, 2018 at 3:32 am)Haipule Wrote: Truly you are kidding!? Living with God "Forever" will NEVER include "spirituality"! Get over that fact right now! There is NO such thing as "Spirit", "spirituality" or, "spiritual"!

Wow! Wasn't that simple?

Whew! Sounds like you've had some run ins with some of us crazy Pentecostals in the past! :B

The word pneuma has connections with the older Hebrew word ruwach which meant wind, breath, soul, and yes, spirit.
Actually, we have to look at every word that has to do with breathing in order to get the complete, simple as can be, understanding of the Word of God. We MUST keep in it's immediate and broader context and understand it's usage. These words include ruwack: neshamah: nephesh, pneuma: psuchE: aimE. As will as the adjectives which modify them and other words associated with the act of breathing. It is a major subject in Scripture.

Also Vital is to understand that the Word of God came to us from Hebrew to Aramaic to Greek to English. So, every imported thought must be brought forward. We cannot ignore the Hebrew words when we translate the Greek and we must not give these words an English only meaning and impose English thinking skill onto Greek, Aramaic and Hebrew thinking skills. 

If we do this then Jesus said, "I give you my life-breath" NOT that he gave God "His Spirit". It is simple and not catapult trajectory calculations.

The idea of "soul" and "spirit" was brought into human psychology through Aristotle(who was with Alexander the Great when he came to Jerusalem) who explained to the Jews about the material and immaterial of mankind as very little of the afterlife was mentioned at that time. Really? Aristotle? Did God choose Aristotle to teach His people? I think not! Well, they bought it hook, line and sinker!

It has been my privilege and honor to gather the information necessary to unravel that rat nested fishing reel! What a mess!

If you care to learn more you can read my eBook Wake Up Call: William McCoy where I deal with this subject in detail starting with the chapter: Breathing 101. I'll give you the first bit as I think it is funny:

Breathing: 101

Attention pastor-teachers, (so called)evangelists, preachers and teachers of all kinds (and all those who assume they are just as smart). Did you-all skip the first grade? Because your-all so smart? Did your seminaries and professors say to you, “Let’s skip the first grade as it’s all about breathing and purity. ‘Let us go on to ‘Holy Spirit’, ‘spirits’ , ‘souls’, ‘sanctification’ and ‘eternal’ things and be ‘holy’ and ‘godly’ and leave the first grade behind”’?

Today I am your teacher and you are my disciple-student! Tomorrow I am your disciple once again but, today you are mine, and I’m going to take you back to the first grade; which you-all obviously skipped, being so damned smart!

psuchE

Hello boys and girls! Today we are going to learn about “breathing”. Does everybody know how to breathe? I see you are all breathing! Very, very good boys and girls. That type of breathing is called “psuchE” in the Greek Newer Testament(covenants). psuchE is a noun which refers to “natural breath”. “psuchO” is a verb which refers to the act of breathing that which is natural and breathing naturally, just as you’re all doing right now! Sometimes psuchO refers to breathing on something to cool it down like when you blow on a spoonful of hot soup. It is said, in the bible, to be “refreshing” like a cool breeze on a hot day! It is the same kind of breathing and breath your doggies and kitties do and have! It is sometimes used figuratively to refer to your natural and instinctive intellect as a natural breathing thinking person with a natural breath, instinct, intellect and life. The Word of God also tells us that psuchE also has the ability to discern; which is sometimes erroneously referred to as a “conscience”. Do you know that you do that type of breathing all the time without even trying? “psuchE” is usually translated in your bibles as “soul”.

Yes Alan, “Teacher, why do they translate “psuchE” as “soul”? Very good question Alan! Because someone said, hundreds and hundreds of years ago, that this type of breath is an immaterial part of man so they invented the word “soul” to mean an immaterial part of man and animals instead of being literal with the translation of that word which has been very confusing to us all. Whereas God says, “breath of life” and that the “life in mankind is in his nostrils”. Also, psuchE has a verb form and an adjective form which makes the word “soul” silly. Now let me show you a passage in the bible to show you what I mean.

Hyper-Literal: Yet [ ]natural-breath-production-man(adjective psuchikos from psuchE) not he-is-receiving(middle-passive) thee-all-things of-thee pneumatos(genitive of pneuma-breath, neuter) namely--of-thee God for (2)it-is (1)stupidity to-him-same (3-)and not he-is-able(acting upon himself) to-know that pneumatically(adverb, by the pneuma-breath of God) he(natural breathing man)-is-being-examined(to be investigated, examined, enquired into, scrutinized, sifted, questioned). Yet thee pneumatikos-man(adjective, a pneumatic man living in the production of the pneuma-breath of God, the God breathed Scripture and God breathed life) he-is-examining(to investigate, examine, enquire into, scrutinize, sift, question) indeed/truly all-things yet, him-same under(authority) of-no-man(no one) he-is-being-examined(to be investigated, examined, enquired into, scrutinized, sifted, questioned), For who-any? he(natural breathing man)-knows(to know, understand, perceive, have knowledge of)* mind [the character and nature]of-lord(delegated authority) who he(natural breathing man)-shall(in the future)-be-to-teach-one/to-instruct-one him-same(pneumatic-man)? Yet we-all (being pneumatic) mind [the character and nature]of-anointed(given destiny) we-all-are(and keep on)-possessing. 1 Cor 2:14-16

pneuma

pneuma” is another type of breath which is not natural breath like psuchE. pneuma must be breathed into you before you can breathe it out! It can literally be translated as “breath-effect”. There is bad pneuma from the world and good pneuma from God. The bible calls good pneuma “holy” which simply means that it is pure being of God; separated a class from a class from any other breath, like a mouth-to-mouth kiss from God Himself! It figuratively refers to God breathing into you His very own intellect, including the God-breathed Scripture itself, as well as, life through study! Isn’t that exciting boy and girls to know that you can breathe the very breath of God! Breathing God’s breath, the pure pneuma, will clean and purify you. pneuma is usually translated in your bibles as “spirit” or “the Holy Spirit”.

Yes Billy, “Teacher, why do they translate pneuma as “spirit” or “the Holy Spirit”? Great question Billy! One of the many words which refer to breathing and breath in the Older Testament(covenants) Hebrew, translated into English as “spirit”, is “ruwack”. “ruwack” literally translated means: “living-breath”.

Many years ago, even before Jesus was born, many(70) great scholars of God’s word translated the Hebrew Scripture into the Greek. This is called the “Septuagint” or “LXX(70)”. It has been said that many of the writers of the Newer Testament(covenants), and even Jesus Himself, sometimes quoted or paraphrased the Septuagint. In the Septuagint they translated the word “ruwach” as “pneuma” which also means breath so there is no conflict.

Hundreds of years later they(Jerome) translated the Older and Newer Testament(covenants) from the original languages into Latin. In the Latin Vulgate bible they translate “ruwach” and “pneuma” by the Latin word “spiritus” which also means breathing so again, there is no conflict. But for some absolutely insane, crazy, unimaginable reason, when they translated the Greek and Hebrew into English, instead of properly translating pneuma and ruwach as breath, they instead transliterated the Latin “spiritus” as “spirit” into English! What a mess! So, for hundreds of years man has been inventing and reinventing a “spirit” of both man and God. They even invented the one God as a “Trinity” to justify their erroneous ignorance and rejection of the first grade biblical concept of breathing and call it “the unspoken truth”! Indeed, if God has not spoken it: how can it be truth?!

Now, isn’t that silly boys and girls? Indeed, if God is 100% and we try to divide Him by three we get 33.3%. Now, we cannot put Him back together again because the answer would be 99.9%! Silly, isn’t it!

Yes parent, “Now Bill, the ‘Doctrine of the Trinity’ is one of the basic tenets of our faith.” Fine then, go follow your magical “faith”. As for me, I will follow Jesus--THE LIVING WORD OF GOD!               

I also invented a diet pill. It works great but had to quit taking it because of the side effects. Turns out my penis is larger and my hair grew back. And whoa! If you think my hair is nice!

I'm currently working on a new pill I call "Destenze". However...now my shoes don't fit.
(July 14, 2018 at 5:55 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:if you can't prove there are contradictions then you haven't a leg to stand on and thus there is no contradictions.

G-C being too pig-headed to acknowledge what is pointed out to you is not "scholarship."  Frankly, it childish.

Why are fundies the only ones who cannot see what is clearly written in their own fucking book?  Or is it that they refuse to see?
I know that you give me a ration of shit at every opportunity. Actually, I love it! Man, I appreciate you so much! If you ever act upon your suicidal tendency: it would only result in a brain drain.

Thanks for keeping me HUMBLED. Anyone who claims that they are "humble" is a lying turd! Anyone who claims superior knowledge because they went to fucking college is a complete fuck wit! Including seminary! And if we listen to them without challenge then, we only have ourselves to blame.

The bible tells us to challenge, challenge, challenge! It does not say that "spirit filled" with a imagined gift cannot lie! Fundies are "spirit filled" bold faced liars claiming, for themselves, an authority that God never gave them! 

The bible is about how to breath and live gloriously! Separating us from the insanely stupid! Opinions are like assholes: everybody has one. I do not wear my hair in a ponytail because I have observed correctly, in nature, that underneath every tail there is an asshole. I'M NOT AN ASSHOLE! Prick, yes! 

Great post Sir!

Quote:The bible tells us to challenge, challenge, challenge!

Really?  All I ever saw out of it was obey, obey, obey.
(July 15, 2018 at 7:40 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:The bible tells us to challenge, challenge, challenge!

Really?  All I ever saw out of it was obey, obey, obey.

"Obey or burn in hell"
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this a contradiction or am I reading it wrong? Genesis 5:28 Ferrocyanide 110 10880 April 10, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  There are no answers in Genesis LinuxGal 248 22378 March 24, 2023 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 5708 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Atheist Bible Study 1: Genesis GrandizerII 614 72427 March 9, 2019 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Jesus as Lord - why is this appealing to so many? KevinM1 307 32678 February 14, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Free interpretation of the Genesis 3:5 KJV theBorg 19 3842 November 13, 2016 at 2:03 am
Last Post: RiddledWithFear
  Why are the "laws" of physics so different as conceived by many xtian fundamentalist? Whateverist 22 5120 November 13, 2016 at 1:35 am
Last Post: Funky_Gibbon
  Let's see how many apologetics take the bait Joods 127 19095 July 16, 2016 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Genesis - The Prequel! Time Traveler 12 3335 May 17, 2016 at 1:16 am
Last Post: Love333
  Rewriting the bible part 1 - Genesis dyresand 4 2000 March 12, 2016 at 3:14 am
Last Post: robvalue