Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 27, 2024, 5:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE Gun Thread
RE: THE Gun Thread
(May 26, 2022 at 5:05 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(May 26, 2022 at 4:52 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I’m not questioning either your right to own guns or you right to carry them in a concealed manner. I just think it’s a little disingenuous of you to bring up the issue of taxing your legal rights in the first place when you’ve paid that tax.

So, you against taxing your Second Amendment right, but only until it comes to something you want. That’s quite the moral position of convenience.

Boru
It' s better than your favored plan -chanting, carrying signs,  tying up traffic, throwing gasoline bombs at police and looting neighborhood businesses....... "CHANGE!!"

I think the preferred position is for the government to listen to their constituents before they affect traffic or get to the point where they feel throwing bombs is the only way they can be heard.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(May 26, 2022 at 5:05 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(May 26, 2022 at 4:52 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I’m not questioning either your right to own guns or you right to carry them in a concealed manner. I just think it’s a little disingenuous of you to bring up the issue of taxing your legal rights in the first place when you’ve paid that tax.

So, you against taxing your Second Amendment right, but only until it comes to something you want. That’s quite the moral position of convenience.

Boru
It' s better than your favored plan -chanting, carrying signs,  tying up traffic, throwing gasoline bombs at police and looting neighborhood businesses....... "CHANGE!!"

Yeah, because that’s the same.

Look, mate, no one’s looking to punish you for owning/carrying guns. All that’s been proposed is that you carry some level of liability insurance. People insure homes, cars, boats, trade tools, their businesses, their health, etc. I’m not convinced that insuring your guns is any different. If you’re too cheap to pay for insurance, just say so. But this rubbish about ‘taxing rights’ just won’t wash.

In response to one of your earlier comments, I would have no problem at all with rally organizers being required to purchase liability insurance in case things get out of hand. It may be the equivalent of taxing free speech, but I’m ok with that.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
Quote:It' s better than your favored plan -chanting, carrying signs,  tying up traffic, throwing gasoline bombs at police and looting neighborhood businesses....... "CHANGE!!"
In other words the civil rights movement and the women's rights movement and pretty much every meaningful civil rights movement ever. And none of those movements had a huge corporate lobby pushing them. So the two things don't even compare.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(May 26, 2022 at 5:12 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(May 26, 2022 at 5:05 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: It' s better than your favored plan -chanting, carrying signs,  tying up traffic, throwing gasoline bombs at police and looting neighborhood businesses....... "CHANGE!!"

I think the preferred position is for the government to listen to their constituents before they affect traffic or get to the point where they feel throwing bombs is the only way they can be heard.
Considering the gun rights movement was a fraudulent astroturf movement of course it didn't have to resort to violence because it's sucess was never against the interests of corporate power.
"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(May 26, 2022 at 5:21 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 26, 2022 at 5:05 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: It' s better than your favored plan -chanting, carrying signs,  tying up traffic, throwing gasoline bombs at police and looting neighborhood businesses....... "CHANGE!!"

Yeah, because that’s the same.

Look, mate, no one’s looking to punish you for owning/carrying guns. All that’s been proposed is that you carry some level of liability insurance. People insure homes, cars, boats, trade tools, their businesses, their health, etc. I’m not convinced that insuring your guns is any different. If you’re too cheap to pay for insurance, just say so. But this rubbish about ‘taxing rights’ just won’t wash.

In response to one of your earlier comments, I would have no problem at all with rally organizers being required to purchase liability insurance in case things get out of hand. It may be the equivalent of taxing free speech, but I’m ok with that.

Boru

It' s rare I agree with GN - but he is right....

You want to make freedom beyond the means of the poor.......
Quote:It' s rare I agree with GN - but he is right....

Lol Freedom  Hehe
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(May 26, 2022 at 5:39 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(May 26, 2022 at 5:21 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Yeah, because that’s the same.

Boru

It' s rare I agree with GN - but he is right....

So, the poor can afford guns, ammo, gun accessories, carry permits - but $14 a month for liability insurance (from the NRA, no less) is a deal breaker?

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
I suspect the Second Amendment might already be beyond the dreams of the poor. How do I know this? Because earlier in the month, some jackass tried to spoof my email to pay for one of these:
[Image: 229-enhanced-elite.jpg]
Fortunately, I cancelled the invoice before I could have paid the $215.14 down payment. The total cost would have been $1758. And while it looks like this is expensive for a 9mm pistol, I still suspect that, especially with a majority of Americans living paycheck to paycheck, the cost of a firearm is still out of reach for many Americans.

And, frankly, if the $14/month liability insurance is going to price the poor out of the market, I suspect that the $150 for the cheapest Semi-Automatic handgun I could find on Academy Sports and Outdoors would be even worse.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Almist any recurring cost seen to be a corporate favor…which it would certainly be regardless of the intent in crafting the law, will be a dealbreaker for some.

That said, it being a dealbreaker for some isn’t a reason to scrap the idea entirely. If the argument for compulsory liability in public operation holds in the case of cars or anything else - and peoples opinions aside….it absolutely and certainly does so far as courts are concerned- then it holds for guns.

So maybe you don’t need to carry liability for simply owning a gun- but you do need it if you intend to carry…open or concealed…on a city street or through the aisles of a grocery store. Places…simply put, where any accident that might occur is capable of harming more than just yourself and dependents.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
As far as rights…taxed or otherwise…and people knowing what they’re doing. Let’s recall one batshit objection to no guns signs…from earlier had to do with concealed carry.

Concealed carry permits do not supersede the property rights of who ever put that sign up. If you think it’s ridiculous to de-arm before entering such a place…you do not know what you’re doing, and should not have that permit.

Ofc, if you think it’s fun to troll the libs by suggesting you’re a loon with a gun…carry on.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gun Control Leonardo17 38 1997 November 12, 2023 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why have a gun? onlinebiker 91 4331 April 6, 2022 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Gun Church buys 40-Acre Compound Foxaèr 12 1268 May 28, 2021 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Another gun discussion part deux. Drich 66 3156 October 8, 2020 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Thumbs Down Gun Control Crowd Safer? - and a control group onlinebiker 131 10933 April 21, 2020 at 5:24 am
  This Is NOT A Gun Control Thread!! BrianSoddingBoru4 34 1925 February 28, 2020 at 4:15 pm
  Yes, Kids - ANOTHER Gun Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1335 September 14, 2019 at 5:51 pm
  More gun deaths zebo-the-fat 42 4176 September 6, 2019 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Vince
  New Gun Regulations In The US Would Be Really, Really Stupid BrianSoddingBoru4 135 13042 May 6, 2019 at 4:55 am
  "A good guy with a gun" saves the day, only to be shot dead himself Aegon 30 3411 November 14, 2018 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda