Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 4, 2024, 2:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kanye West on Alex Jones
RE: Kanye West on Alex Jones
(December 18, 2022 at 3:49 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote:
(December 18, 2022 at 3:13 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: (bold mine)

He IS allowed to say whatever he wants. He can say whatever he wants, whenever he wants, to whomever he wants. Who is silencing Kayne? Has he been arrested for saying things? Has he been tried, convicted, fined or jailed for what he says? Has somebody torn his tongue out and it didn't make the news?

Boru

You'd have him blocked from seeing his children if you had it your way, so apparently you don't think he should be able to say whatever he wants, which is also the case with others on this site, so that's why I was mentioning that I support him being able to speak and being given a platform. It's better that we know what Ye believes than not, and that it's all out in the open now.

Please don’t tell me what I’d do. Unless he’s an abusive father, no, I would not stop him from seeing his children.

He has a right to speak, he has NO ‘right’ to a platform (no one does). If someone is willing to provide him with a platform, or if he want to create one at his own expense, all well and good. But it is in no way a right.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(December 18, 2022 at 3:57 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 18, 2022 at 3:49 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: You'd have him blocked from seeing his children if you had it your way, so apparently you don't think he should be able to say whatever he wants, which is also the case with others on this site, so that's why I was mentioning that I support him being able to speak and being given a platform. It's better that we know what Ye believes than not, and that it's all out in the open now.

Please don’t tell me what I’d do. Unless he’s an abusive father, no, I would not stop him from seeing his children.

He has a right to speak, he has NO ‘right’ to a platform (no one does). If someone is willing to provide him with a platform, or if he want to create one at his own expense, all well and good. But it is in no way a right.

Boru
I would frankly be worried considering his deranged behavior to keep him around kids.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(December 18, 2022 at 3:48 pm)Helios Wrote: So let's sum this silliness up, shall we? 

1. No one is saying racism against whites is good and saying otherwise is silly. 

2. There is no inconsistency in pointing out that by the logic of systematic power= racism Kanye's racism is still racism as he aligned himself with the white power structure. 

3. The fact violence can be carried about by groups is not a refutation of systematic power= racism

4. Tolerance is not a matter of time it requires both struggle and vigilance against regressive forces. Good does not inevitably win and it must fight to survive and complicity will be its death.

5. Racial Supremacy is not the same as mere racism. One produces your politically incorrect uncle dave the other creates the Confederacy and the Nazi Party. White supremacy is intolerable in any civilized society and must be mercilessly dealt with before it gets out of control.

That's pretty much the end of this.

So what about black people who attack Asian Americans, and lets say for arguments sake that these black people are not aligned with white supremacists. Is that racism? The attackers have no systemic power over the Asian Americans. By continuing to try to defend this logic of calling some bigots racists but not others, you are basically defending dog whistles to racism. All groups can be racist. Racist black activists just don't want to be called the same term the white supremacists are called (racist), because they see that as an icky term that is only to be used for whites, and the activists see their racism as wholly justified, which is why they are fighting the act of others calling their hatred racism.

Systemic racism is the bigger issue because we rightfully hold systems and people working in those systems to a higher standard than racist normies on the street, so of course systemic racism should be singled out a lot, I agree, but this doesn't in turn mean that systemic racism is therefore the only racism in existence.

I'm not saying time is the only variable. Of course gay marriage had to be legalized as well by the system, and then support has exploded since then. The older super racist generation dying out will do much of the work in society becoming less racist.

Racism is the belief that one race is superior to another, so I think we can say that racism and racial supremacy are the same, but I understand what you're getting at. We all are or most of us are at least a little bit racist, and of course that's different from being a full blown fanatical supremact.

You asked me why not do to white supremacists what they want to do to others? If a sociopath wanted to skin people alive, would we skin him alive just to prove a point? When has an eye for an eye ever made a decent society?

And about racist people having their kids taken away, I'd just say that professionals will tell you that a child is usually much better off staying in an even somewhat abusive home, rather than being placed into the system. If people are teaching their kids that Jews or any group should have violence done to them or something like that, then it might be the time to get them out of that environment.
(December 18, 2022 at 3:57 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 18, 2022 at 3:49 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: You'd have him blocked from seeing his children if you had it your way, so apparently you don't think he should be able to say whatever he wants, which is also the case with others on this site, so that's why I was mentioning that I support him being able to speak and being given a platform. It's better that we know what Ye believes than not, and that it's all out in the open now.

Boru

Ok, so only white racist people get their children taken away and not black Hitler admirers. My apologies, again.

I didn't claim Ye has a right to a platform.
Quote:So what about black people who attack Asian Americans, and lets say for arguments sake that these black people are not aligned with white supremacists. Is that racism? The attackers have no systemic power over the Asian Americans. By continuing to try to defend this logic of calling some bigots racists but not others, you are basically defending dog whistles to racism. All groups can be racist. Racist black activists just don't want to be called the same term the white supremacists are called (racist), because they see that as an icky term that is only to be used for whites, and the activists see their racism as wholly justified, which is why they are fighting the act of others calling their hatred racism.
Nope in no way shape or form have I defended racism in any form and these scenarios refute nothing. it's frankly just you ranting... Dodgy  

Kanye west is punching down and  activists are not. It's simple as that. There no inconsistency so shove it.

Quote:Systemic racism is the bigger issue because we rightfully hold systems and people working in those systems to a higher standard than racist normies on the street, so of course systemic racism should be singled out a lot, I agree, but this doesn't in turn mean that systemic racism is therefore the only racism in existence.
Again irrelevant... Dodgy  

Quote:I'm not saying time is the only variable. Of course gay marriage had to be legalized as well by the system, and then support has exploded since then.
And my point is it can go backward so time isn't the solution.

Quote:Racism is the belief that one race is superior to another, so I think we can say that racism and racial supremacy are the same, but I understand what you're getting at. We all are or most of us are at least a little bit racist, and of course that's different from being a full blown fanatical supremact.
No racism is simply holding negative opinions of people based on their race it doesn't inherently come with a belief in supremacy. That's an extra step. Uncle Dave can believe a black person is smarter than him and still think a number of negative beliefs about them. 

Quote:You asked me why not do to white supremacists what they want to do to others? If a sociopath wanted to skin people alive, would we skin him alive just to prove a point? When has an eye for an eye ever made a decent society?
The big difference being white supremacy is a belief and being a sociopath is a mental condition and white supremacy is choice while being a  sociopath isn't. When has allowing white supremacy to become dominant ever lead to a decent society?

Quote:And about racist people having their kids taken away, I'd just say that professionals will tell you that a child is usually much better off staying in an even somewhat abusive home, rather than being placed into the system. If people are teaching their kids that Jews or any group should have violence done to them or something like that, then it might be the time to get them out of that environment.
I don't single professional who says that and you do realize the kids have a mom right they are no orphans... Dodgy

So just more crap from you ..... Dodgy
"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Quote:Ok, so only white racist people get their children taken away and not black Hitler admirers. My apologies, again.
Where the hell did he say the former... Dodgy

Quote:If they change, they wouldn’t be sub-human any more and I’d be happy to re-admit them to the ranks of humanity. Until then, laws should be passed prohibiting them from voting, owning businesses, or producing offspring. They should be barred from all professions and most trades, and should not be allowed to unionize. In other words, they should be treated EXACTLY they way they demand non-whites be treated.

Please don’t presume to tell me what I think, you insufferable twatwaffle.

Boru
Nowhere in this comment does he say to take away their children... Dodgy

Quote:I didn't claim Ye has a right to a platform.
Nor is it good that he had one... Dodgy
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(December 18, 2022 at 5:07 pm)Helios Wrote:
Quote:Ok, so only white racist people get their children taken away and not black Hitler admirers. My apologies, again.
Where the hell did he say the former... Dodgy

Quote:If they change, they wouldn’t be sub-human any more and I’d be happy to re-admit them to the ranks of humanity. Until then, laws should be passed prohibiting them from voting, owning businesses, or producing offspring. They should be barred from all professions and most trades, and should not be allowed to unionize. In other words, they should be treated EXACTLY they way they demand non-whites be treated.

Please don’t presume to tell me what I think, you insufferable twatwaffle.

Boru

Quote:I didn't claim Ye has a right to a platform.

Can't produce offspring... Are we reading two different things? Are you really trying to say that his argument was that it's perfectly fine to raise children, but you just can't produce them?
(December 18, 2022 at 5:14 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote:
(December 18, 2022 at 5:07 pm)Helios Wrote: Where the hell did he say the former... Dodgy

Can't produce offspring... Are we reading two different things? Are you really trying to say that his argument was that it's perfectly fine to raise children, but you just can't produce them?

It’s a little thing I call ‘pointing out his hypocrisy’. When Ye changes his views about Jewish people, I’ll change my views about him.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
Quote:Can't produce offspring... Are we reading two different things? Are you really trying to say that his argument was that it's perfectly fine to raise children, but you just can't produce them?
Not producing offspring and taking away preexisting offspring are two separate things. So yes we are reading two different things. What I'm reading is what he said and what your reading what you think he's saying.
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(December 18, 2022 at 3:49 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote:
(December 18, 2022 at 3:13 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: (bold mine)

He IS allowed to say whatever he wants. He can say whatever he wants, whenever he wants, to whomever he wants. Who is silencing Kayne? Has he been arrested for saying things? Has he been tried, convicted, fined or jailed for what he says? Has somebody torn his tongue out and it didn't make the news?

Boru

You'd have him blocked from seeing his children if you had it your way, so apparently you don't think he should be able to say whatever he wants, which is also the case with others on this site, so that's why I was mentioning that I support him being able to speak and being given a platform. It's better that we know what Ye believes than not, and that it's all out in the open now.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from the repercussions of one's words. He's free to speak antisemitic bilge, and I'm free to call him an idiot for it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gog Magog civil war with the west WinterHold 37 2401 July 20, 2023 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Kanye West fails miserably Foxaèr 3 327 August 22, 2020 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: Sal
  West Virginia, WH dumbass, send him home. Brian37 42 3318 March 18, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Alex Jones and Infowars gets 'disappeared' - are we headed in the right direction? Angrboda 203 25827 December 28, 2018 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Kanye West calls for reintroduction of slavery downbeatplumb 40 4959 October 5, 2018 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Alex Jones being sued by parents of Sandy Hook Victims Divinity 26 3871 April 20, 2018 at 7:23 am
Last Post: Brian37
  West Virginia Teachers on Strike, still make sure hungry students are fed Cecelia 21 2502 February 28, 2018 at 8:51 am
Last Post: possibletarian
  Huge blaze engulfs 24-storey Grenfell Tower in west London pocaracas 47 11877 June 26, 2017 at 12:14 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Boycott on Alex Jones / NBC chimp3 23 7932 June 14, 2017 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Adam West Croaks BrianSoddingBoru4 16 3651 June 12, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: vorlon13