Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 6:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When you prayed did it ever work?
Re: RE: When you prayed did it ever work?
Given God justice IS served. That's a fact given God. Not a 'belief'. The world isn't just.

Please explain what you mean by pragmatic.

There cannot be a logical reason for God to exist. You tripped up.

Lastly, it's not 'useful'. It informs action. It dictates that action. Without that presupposition, justice becomes primitive.

(November 11, 2012 at 12:43 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I think you mistyped there: 1 + x = x + 1, not 1x. I have no real head for this sort of thing but even I know you'd get an F for that.

Point to you Stimby Wink
RE: When you prayed did it ever work?
So faith can be logical but there can't be a logical reason for God to exist?

When you say 'given God', again, do you mean that given the assumption that he exists then justice is served? And what I mean by that being a pragmatic reason to believe in God is that that would be believing in God because you think that it is the right thing to do, not because you are convinced logically that he exists.
Logical for God to exist? You tell me.

I'm no longer assuming when I have faith. To you, who wouldn't factor God, I try to qualify my statement as clearly as I can.

I work out that this is the best answer. If 'right thing to do' is the most rational conclusion to draw, then yes, I can do nothing else.
How does your belief that believing in God is the 'right thing to do' convince you that he actually exists?

Why would I tell you if it's logical for God to exist? I'm sure you're aware that I think that it's illogical, I'm asking what you think.
Obviously I wasn't asking you why you thought God existed lol

I believe through faith in God. Can we stop with the double triple talk please. That everything pans out: that conclusions as my example have one best answer that I'm aware of, I conclude God, yes.
You know 9/10 times I immediately think dissonance, but Frodo is the other 1/10...for me.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I give up, we're not going to get to anything more specific.
Re: When you prayed did it ever work?
Uh? lol Smile

I am disappoint

I thought we might be getting somewhere. I thought we were moving on in our understanding.

I still don't quite get your pragmatic line.
There's a first time for everything. (I'm talking about me, not you).
Re: When you prayed did it ever work?
I think the specific you were driving for was not my interest in the conversation. I was hoping you had some philosophical insight to share.
Much love evs Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 16841 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Missionary work, proselytizing Figbash 6 1292 July 30, 2021 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Did Mary and Joseph ever have sex? Fake Messiah 41 8405 March 18, 2020 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Did Jesus ever have a perm? Cod 32 5412 April 3, 2019 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Silver
  The Silliest Conversation You Will Ever Have With A Christian Rhondazvous 37 5066 February 14, 2018 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Money raising through child work Der/die AtheistIn 12 3700 December 11, 2017 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  And Yet, They Work For A Fucktard Like Ham Minimalist 22 3657 July 18, 2017 at 3:50 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Have you ever asked a Christian this...? Gimple 60 15486 April 14, 2017 at 5:11 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Did Jesus Christ ever tell a joke ? The Wise Joker 12 3059 January 31, 2017 at 11:37 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  I know what you did last summer. Czechlervitz30 6 1932 August 9, 2016 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: brewer