Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 11:17 am

Poll: Should you have a 'right' to bear arms?
This poll is closed.
Yes
35.56%
16 35.56%
No
35.56%
16 35.56%
It depends (feel free to say what on in the thread)
22.22%
10 22.22%
Unsure
6.67%
3 6.67%
Total 45 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another gun thread...
RE: Another gun thread...
If the Second Amendment calls for a well-regulated militia, why are gun nuts up in arms about the regulations? Why do you hate the Constitution? WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA?

[Image: eagle_tear.jpg]
You give our military too much credit Napo. They wouldn't be able to suppress an insurrection here any more competently then they were able to secure decisive victories in Vietnam or the Middle East - and for precisely the same reasons.

You've never see any evidence that an AK-47 is a useful tool in overthrowing a government? I think that it's likely that you haven't looked for the evidence then, as the AK-47 is a veritable symbol of rebellion.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 10, 2013 at 8:32 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(January 10, 2013 at 6:41 pm)popeyespappy Wrote: Yep he did. His conclusion is different than yours. At least if you know they are coming and have just a little bit of time to prepare.

Ahh my bad. I guess when people's houses get burgled they know about it in advance.

In many cases yes they do.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(January 10, 2013 at 11:04 pm)Rhythm Wrote: You give our military too much credit Napo. They wouldn't be able to suppress an insurrection here any more competently then they were able to secure decisive victories in Vietnam or the Middle East - and for precisely the same reasons.

No actually, I think you're not giving them enough.

Vietnam and the Middle East are entirely different warzones (on the other side of the planet) and scenarios to fighting against a militia in a country that the US military will know like the back of its hand, a country that already has a massive military infrastructure to enable them to carry out operations within seconds wherever they want in the US.
But sure, it's the same as the Middle East and Vietnam isn't it. Keep telling yourself that.

Quote:You've never see any evidence that an AK-47 is a useful tool in overthrowing a government? I think that it's likely that you haven't looked for the evidence then, as the AK-47 is a veritable symbol of rebellion.

Do not be so disingenuous as to insinuate that arming the public with an AK-47 will lead to good times and easy rebellions. You and I both know there's far more to it than that, so let's quit the bullshit.
(January 10, 2013 at 11:04 pm)Rhythm Wrote: You give our military too much credit Napo. They wouldn't be able to suppress an insurrection here any more competently then they were able to secure decisive victories in Vietnam or the Middle East - and for precisely the same reasons.

You've never see any evidence that an AK-47 is a useful tool in overthrowing a government? I think that it's likely that you haven't looked for the evidence then, as the AK-47 is a veritable symbol of rebellion.
...add to the fact, that throughout the history of uprisings and revolutions against oppressive governments, large portions of the military defected to the side of the citizens.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
(January 11, 2013 at 10:05 am)A Theist Wrote: ...add to the fact, that throughout the history of uprisings and revolutions against oppressive governments, large portions of the military defected to the side of the citizens.

I missed the part where that proves anything. Are you reading this thread at all?
(January 11, 2013 at 10:11 am)Napoléon Wrote:
(January 11, 2013 at 10:05 am)A Theist Wrote: ...add to the fact, that throughout the history of uprisings and revolutions against oppressive governments, large portions of the military defected to the side of the citizens.

I missed the part where that proves anything. Are you reading this thread at all?
Quote:I missed the part where that proves anything.
That's because I wasn't responding to your dumb ass.

Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
(January 11, 2013 at 10:30 am)A Theist Wrote: That's because I wasn't responding to your dumb ass.

Well, actually you were, because you were adding on to what Rhythm said, which was a response to me.

Dumbass.

So again, you reading this thread?
(January 11, 2013 at 10:31 am)Napoléon Wrote:
(January 11, 2013 at 10:30 am)A Theist Wrote: That's because I wasn't responding to your dumb ass.

Well, actually you were, because you were adding on to what Rhythm said, which was a response to me.

Dumbass.

So again, you reading this thread?
Quote:Well, actually you were, because you were adding on to what Rhythm said, which was a response to me.

No, actually I wasn't responding to you.

Dumb ass.

Are you even old enough to read?

I give up I really do, you have the intellectual capacity of a doorstop.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think about gun control? FlatAssembler 93 4481 February 21, 2022 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Another Gun Thread Foxaèr 254 20913 September 29, 2020 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Proof gun control works GrandizerII 115 6787 August 23, 2019 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why People Ignore Facts (Gun Control) Jade-Green Stone 22 1697 December 5, 2018 at 9:03 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  White House Gun Meeting Foxaèr 23 2265 March 1, 2018 at 2:03 pm
  The Despicability of Gun Turds Minimalist 5 841 February 23, 2018 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The Despicability of Gun Turds Minimalist 1 570 February 23, 2018 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Bringing A Knife To A Gun Fight Minimalist 23 1916 November 4, 2017 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Quick question on gun confiscation. Gawdzilla Sama 85 6668 February 12, 2017 at 7:14 pm
  Apparently I need to hope I don't ever get robbed according to gun nuts GoHalos1993 119 11654 June 15, 2016 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla