Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 12:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mass rally against gay marriage in Paris
Mass rally against gay marriage in Paris
Apparently all the ignorant people are gathering in Paris.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21004322

Quote:But the demonstrators, backed by the Catholic Church and the right-wing opposition, argue it would undermine an essential building block of society.

The organisers put the number of marchers at 800,000, with demonstrators pouring into Paris by train and bus, carrying placards that read, "We don't want your law, Francois" and "Don't touch my civil code".

Police said the figure was closer to 340,000 and one government minister said the turnout was lower than the organisers had predicted. A similar march in November attracted around 100,000 people.

The "Demo for all" event was being led by a charismatic comedian known as Frigide Barjot, who tweeted that the "crowd is immense" and told French TV that gay marriage "makes no sense" because a child should be born to a man and woman.

Pathetic catholics and the right-wing supporting discrimination. Let's nuke 'em now they're all together...assholes.
RE: Mass rally against gay marriage in Paris
The second big rally in France in 3 months.

One sees what catholicism does to a country.
Quick...they're all in one place - lets handle this.......

I jest...I jest - ish...
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Hard to imagine that much STUPID in one place....outside of the republicunt convention, that is.
(January 13, 2013 at 5:17 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Hard to imagine that much STUPID in one place....outside of the republicunt convention, that is.

Yeah, I wonder if this rally will make it into the guiness book of records.
Quick! While they are at a rally, burn down the churches!
(January 13, 2013 at 5:17 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Hard to imagine that much STUPID in one place....outside of the republicunt convention, that is.

Kinda funny when you consider how much the GOP hates France.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
In what I admit is a perverse way, it offers me some comfort when I see this kind of stupidity happening outside America's borders. It reminds me that this kind of bigotry and superstition isn't uniquely American.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
What about "down low" people? I wonder how many out of those who showed up were on the "down low".

(January 13, 2013 at 5:15 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Quick...they're all in one place - lets handle this.......

I jest...I jest - ish...

Quick those theists are all in one place, let's handle this.
Quick those atheists are all in one place, let's handle this.
Quick, those Christians are all in one place, lets handle this.
Quick, those Muslims are all in one place, lets handle this.
Quick, those Jews are all in one place, lets handle this.
Quick, those commies are all in one place, lets handle this.
Quick, those capitalists are all in one place, let's handle this.

Yet cockroaches outnumber humans, care nothing of our labels, and will most likely outlast humans. And we think brains make us special?
(January 13, 2013 at 6:56 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: In what I admit is a perverse way, it offers me some comfort when I see this kind of stupidity happening outside America's borders. It reminds me that this kind of bigotry and superstition isn't uniquely American.

It is a clichè that stupidity is only resevered to americans.

I guess one could make a statistic which shows how much stupidity there is on average on a ratio of number of sillies per 100 000 people.
And that the US would simply have more because of it`s huge population.

plus, everyone speaks english, so stupidity in english is more "consumed", than say stupidity in swedish or french.

I cant wait until everyone in China has a pc at home and cannot resist the urge to upload their stupidity onto youtube.
Or when they have the right to essemble and protest against...............

whatever silly thing a chinese person might protest against.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The United States now enters the phase of mass executions. Jehanne 48 5136 November 18, 2022 at 1:52 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Why don't Southern states outlaw interracial marriage? Jehanne 12 1364 July 26, 2022 at 7:55 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Transgenderism versus Interracial Marriage. Jehanne 3 671 April 18, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Russia's Putin wants traditional marriage and God in constitution zebo-the-fat 17 2026 March 4, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Elizabeth Warren On Marriage Equality BrianSoddingBoru4 8 1723 October 15, 2019 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Does the media love mass shooting? Coveny 9 1493 February 24, 2018 at 3:12 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Time for The WLB To Hold Another Rally, I Guess Minimalist 4 1539 April 30, 2017 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Paris Climate Accords go into effect November 4th! Jehanne 11 1796 October 16, 2016 at 1:11 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Most accurate depiction of a Hitler campaign rally Heat 15 2478 March 15, 2016 at 9:41 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Atheists, do you support same-sex marriage? TristanTeller 72 17402 July 31, 2015 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Cato