Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 3:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Attn: Christians, We've Heard Them Already
RE: Attn: Christians, We've Heard Them Already
Isn't it hilarious - the amount of resistance encountered at the simple suggestion that something new be brought to the table. Seems that those so inclined know precisely how little they have - and precisely how stale that morsel is to begin with.

Just my two cents.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I haven't read through all of this, but I have noticed that atheist start post about the same old thing time and again, so that's ok I suppose. They also bring up ridiculous arguments, such as if God asked, insert ridiculous question here, would you do it. You guys know better than to asked stupid questions and if you do not then let me say it makes you look stupid.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(June 4, 2013 at 12:05 pm)Godschild Wrote: You guys know better than to asked stupid questions and if you do not then let me say it makes you look stupid.

And we're all so concerned with what your brilliant, academic mind considers stupid. Rolleyes
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Re: RE: Attn: Christians, We've Heard Them Already
(June 4, 2013 at 10:58 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: When atheist arguments become too repetitive, we'll make subforums for those too. It's need based.

Hahaha

:rotflmao:
We could also make a special thread for fr0d0's mindless trolls.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Swimming in a circular pool looking for the ladder is quite tiresome. I agreed whole heartedly with Deist Paladins referral to his past discussion in hopes of moving forward in the discussion. Whats wrong with actually wanting to make headway on an argument? I too am frustrated with the invisible ceilings that we can't seem to get through. I for one would like very much to move forward but unfortunately that means growth on the part of theists. So, not really expecting much. At least Drich watched a video. At least he tries.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Thank you John V and Ideologue. You've reminded me of another oft-repeated tactic:

The Hurt Feelings Card
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Re: RE: Attn: Christians, We've Heard Them Already
(June 4, 2013 at 12:20 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: We could also make a special thread for fr0d0's mindless trolls.

Here's looking at you Wink

I'm reminded of Tiberius' recent post where he said atheism needs new arguments to counter the new ideas coming from theists.

Listening to each other and learning is key. Moronic pleas like the OP only serve to entrench ignorance.
Actually, he's trying to lay out the things we've already heard so that we can actually come up with new things - atheist and theist alike.

But thanks for the added martyrdom.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(June 4, 2013 at 9:42 am)John V Wrote: @OP:

People have been debating this stuff for centuries. If you limit debate to things you haven't heard before, you might as well close up shop.

Linking people to a thread where their argument is being or has been discussed is not limiting debate, it's speeding it up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8328 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Jesus already came (at lest for some) Fake Messiah 60 15833 July 22, 2017 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Astonished
  How Do Christians Know When God Is Speaking to Them? Rhondazvous 70 10681 July 5, 2016 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 32703 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  The Second Coming already happened??? Jehanne 30 4303 March 6, 2016 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  Creatards are Idiots. We Already Know That. Minimalist 19 3858 February 25, 2016 at 5:38 am
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 53347 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  What's the most face-palm-worthy statement you have ever heard from a priest/preacher drfuzzy 150 30648 August 29, 2015 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Heard about this snake idiocy before abaris 28 6890 July 30, 2015 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Loving Him means loving "them" Strider 9 3029 February 21, 2015 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Cyberman