Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2024, 2:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think we will ever know what causes Homosexuality
RE: Do you think we will ever know what causes Homosexuality
Chemicals.
(December 29, 2013 at 3:53 pm)pop_punks_not_dead Wrote: As a gay guy who is into Psychology I always wonder if we will ever find out what is going on in our minds that define what we are attracted to.

I hope one day we will, but sometimes I hope we don't in-case it drives some people to try and find a "cure" for us

As far asi know. You have masculine and feminine hormones and just one of the two is more developed than the other. But I could be wrong
xR34P3Rx
it isn't in our nature to think of a God, it is in our nature to seek answers and the concept of God is most influenced in this world.
It can't be pinned to a single variable. Seriously, why has no one applied Feynman diagrams to predicting social behavior?
This area is interesting because the Conservatives and Progressives actually have diametrically opposed positions to the ones they usually have. Progressive typically Beleive in Nurture over Nature and conservatives generally (but not always) believe in the reverse. Yet Conservatives on Homosexuality seem to reject the nature possibility and inist it is about Nurture (and then look at all sorts of nonsense ways of 'curing' it). Progressives claim it is 'nature' and not 'nurture' , that people are just born gay (a position which I agree with so far) but then they come to a problem and they start trying to stop further research. At a public discussion group I had a gay man state that it was 'none of my business' which is utter nonsense. All scientific knowledge is everyone's business.

As a Liberal I have no issue whatsoever with gay people and back their attempts at being treat as equal but what I will not do is act against scientific reality and the reality is we are getting near to determining what causes homosexuality and (as someone pointed out before) birth Order seems to be very important( the more sons you mother has had before you the most likley you are to by gay) stress seems to be important (fetuses that will become gay men have often been the subject of a female hormone flush) the Thalymus on women is far smaller than that of men and Gay men also have a diminished thalamus.

However as we establish exactly what causes homosexuality inevitably there will be a way to detect and prevent the process that creates a gay fetus and inevitably that process will be used by people who are averse to having a gay child (it might be because the parents are homophobes but it might also be because Parents don;t want their children to be part of a discriminated against minority.
Could be a difference balance of hormones when the person was in-utero?

I have no idea nor am I really that concerned with finding out because I think homosexuality is normal human behavior. Plus, I'm straight so... this information really doesn't apply to me.
'Normal' human behavior includes committing crimes so I don't that 'normal' is particularly a good thing to recommend. The issue is not what I want but what individuals in society want. I wonder if a mother is told " The hormone balance in your womb gives a 30% chance of producing a homosexual baby would you like a hormone flush to eradicate that chance? I am sure that throughout the Non western world almost every mother would take that choice and ,frankly, a very large number would take that choice in the west as well.
What causes rapists?

What causes murderers?

What causes people to have sex with animals?

What causes people to drink piss and enjoy getting defecated on?

What causes people to drop a nuke and kill thousands of people instantaneously?

Free will, and choices of individuals, trying to blame them on other things is just trying to legitimize a non social norm behavior.

If you have an urge to have sex with animals, control that urge, you are broken, and sorry for that.
If you have an urge to commit sodomy on another man, control that urge, you are broken, and sorry for that.

We should not legitimize and promote non normal behaviors.
(January 28, 2014 at 7:23 pm)paintpooper Wrote: What causes rapists?

What causes murderers?

What causes people to have sex with animals?

What causes people to drink piss and enjoy getting defecated on?

What causes people to drop a nuke and kill thousands of people instantaneously?

these are all interesting questions but none of them deal with what makes you gay

(January 28, 2014 at 7:23 pm)paintpooper Wrote: Free will, and choices of individuals, trying to blame them on other things is just trying to legitimize a non social norm behavior.
You are claiming that we have free choice to be gay or not?

(January 28, 2014 at 7:23 pm)paintpooper Wrote: If you have an urge to have sex with animals, control that urge, you are broken, and sorry for that.
If you have an urge to commit sodomy on another man, control that urge, you are broken, and sorry for that.

If you have an urge to try and communicate telepathically with a sky pixie control that urge, you are broken, and sorry for that.[/quote]

(January 28, 2014 at 7:23 pm)paintpooper Wrote: We should not legitimize and promote non normal behaviors.

Why?
(December 29, 2013 at 4:24 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I'll go out on a limb and say "bitchy women."

But I could be wrong.

And lesbians are created by cruel men.
Your plastic pal who's fun to be with![Image: b7wAvWj.png]

I'm guessing it's sexual attraction and affection for the same sex. Is this so mysterious? Does anyone wonder what causes heterosexuality?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sexism - homosexuality Azu 67 10880 November 23, 2017 at 7:17 am
Last Post: notimportant1234
  Homosexuality paulpablo 63 9340 February 19, 2016 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  Mobile phone in pocket causes lower sperm count ignoramus 47 6637 November 30, 2015 at 11:34 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Do you think we could/will ever have two dominant[prime] species? Heat 11 3700 November 21, 2015 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  bacon causes cancer! WHO! ignoramus 65 16303 November 2, 2015 at 8:00 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Do you think there is a 'shadow biosphere'? ReptilianPeon 23 7815 July 30, 2015 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Alex K
  What do you think about Eugenics? Twisted 47 8538 June 19, 2015 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What do you think of GMO's? TaraJo 72 9453 January 4, 2015 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  The evolutionary puzzle of homosexuality downbeatplumb 1 1567 February 18, 2014 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Have you ever actually gone to "Answers in Genesis.com?" Boris Karloff 13 3455 February 9, 2014 at 4:41 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.