Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 12:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 dead in Paris after attack on Magazine
RE: 10 dead in Paris after attack on Magazine
Frodo loves his little strawmen.

Bill Maher's panel last night included Salman Rushdie, who has been on the business end of fatwas so he has some credibility. Possibly the 14 most critical moments of commentary ever.

Make sure to click for Part II for Rushdie's explanation of the "But Brigade."

Also note that dumb republicunt Carly Fiorina trying to excessively worry about 2 Americans getting beheaded...as if that is all that matters.
(January 10, 2015 at 7:51 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote:
(January 10, 2015 at 7:44 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Likewise atheist superstition

One of the silliest things you've written there, Frodo. What superstitious claim do I make?

What superstitious claims do theists make?

People of either persuasion are as likely to use spurious logic.

Ryan's post is obscene. No doubt about that.
(January 11, 2015 at 2:37 am)fr0d0 Wrote:
(January 10, 2015 at 7:51 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: One of the silliest things you've written there, Frodo. What superstitious claim do I make?

You claim that there's an uncreated creator. You have zero evidence for that, yet you adhere to that as your truth.

What superstitious claim do I make? Second time I've asked it. Do be polite, and answer it, because it looks to me like you're dodging it because you don't have a valid critique, but rather just wanted to pitch a wind-up.

So much for substance, eh, m'boy? Your silence is deafening.

You're such an idiot PT. I'm going to have to hide your shame. So sorry.
Frodo, you have got to be kidding me here.

Atheist superstition? Sure, some atheists may have some superstitions, but they are in no way are related to being atheist. That doesn't even make sense. I agree superstitions are generally a bad thing, but there is a sliding scale, with religion being right at the top of the worst.

Religion is superstition, it's based in "faith" which means choosing to arbitrarily believe things for which there is no evidence. There is no evidence that the bible is anything other than a book written by Iron Age war mongers and goat herders. Not a single reason to believe any of it is true, except the odd historical event, which still has to be independently confirmed and is usually not reported accurately in the bible. It's a ludicrous book of garbage. To believe it is "just true" is pure superstition. To believe that the character Yahweh is real is pure superstition. I know you have your arguments, but I'm sorry they are not even close to convincing, you just demonstrate that such a thing may not be impossible. Religion requires "faith", which is the epitome of superstition; literally believing stuff without evidence. If there was sufficient evidence, faith would not be required or even mentioned.

Your arguments are rationalizations for what you already believe. You already assume the bible is true, and so Yahweh exists, before you even talk about him and how he is consistent. Circular logic.

Sorry to have to bring the hammer down, but you really can't go trying to tu quoque an atheist with the superstition argument and try and share the blame. Religion is based almost entirely on superstition, atheism requires no such thing.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Atheism is to superstition what theism is to superstition.

Atheism is more prone in my experience simply because of the lack of controls. Religion addresses and dispels superstition. Irreligion is based upon superstition and fact equally.

Faith is never based upon no evidence. It is strictly based upon everything but material evidence. A different thing entirely. And purely logical. Nothing exists without proofs, yet your claims are exactly that. Baseless. Superstitious.
I can't even begin to address what you have written. You have abandoned all reason there my friend, sorry.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
Not being able to present a point of view = lack of reasoning.
(January 11, 2015 at 2:37 am)fr0d0 Wrote:
(January 10, 2015 at 7:51 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: One of the silliest things you've written there, Frodo. What superstitious claim do I make?

Ryan's post is obscene. No doubt about that.

Well specifically:

Catholics call on guidance from saints to find lost things and other things. All Christians tend to pray, what is this is not superstition.

And in general:

All the claims theists make are in my view superstitious.

Religion at its heart, is formalize superstition.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Does anyone know if the last terrorist has been apprehended? A woman I believe.

Index of my best videos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Invite the people of the world to attack the Islamic religion Eclectic 9 1320 December 14, 2022 at 11:40 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Cockroaches Invade Medina: a second natural attack WinterHold 45 5127 April 20, 2019 at 5:01 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Dutch woman convicted of having sex outside marriage after rape zebo-the-fat 48 8225 June 15, 2016 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Harris' take on the recent events in Paris Excited Penguin 43 7227 November 28, 2015 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Hirsi Ali on Paris mralstoner 1 891 November 17, 2015 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: mralstoner
  Europe is under attack and invasion mralstoner 27 4627 November 17, 2015 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Muslims and Paris Mechaghostman2 3 1239 November 14, 2015 at 5:43 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Mona Walter left Islam after reading the Quran mralstoner 6 3567 October 8, 2015 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Cato
  Why are so many people afraid to attack Islam? hilary 16 4502 July 20, 2015 at 8:47 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Saudi Preacher Spared Jail after Raping and Murdering 5 y/o Daughter Fidel_Castronaut 86 14266 January 29, 2015 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: Tonus