Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 6:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You all convinced me, I'm now an Atheist!!!
RE: You all convinced me, I'm now an Atheist!!!
(January 13, 2015 at 9:26 am)Drich Wrote:
(January 13, 2015 at 8:28 am)h4ym4n Wrote: You seem to poo poo gods inspired word in the book of proverbs.

how so?

because i know the difference between the Law and a proverb? Just because you always thought the world worked just one way, but then found out it actually works another does not mean those who follow how the world really works poo poo's on the world... Just your understanding of it.

How do you do that drich?

Does the book of proverbs have any *laws* from god?

Haha. Someone give me a law of God and I'll go out and break it, see what happens.

Oh wait, we do that all the time. So do christians. Whoops.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Most tedious thread ever.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(January 12, 2015 at 3:40 pm)Drich Wrote: this is my 'comming out' thread. Nothing here is up for discussion. I am simply announcing my change in faith.

From now on I want you all to refer to me as a God loving Atheist.

Nice thread, Drich ... but I'm still going to refer to you as "dolt".

(January 12, 2015 at 3:32 pm)Drich Wrote: You all have sucessfully blurred the lines of belief enough for me to call myself an atheist! You all have convinced me with your endless arguements that despite what 'rule' a given affiliation may have they mean little to nothing compared to what a person 'feels' or claims for himself.

You've convinced me that you're a jackass, and proud of it.

(January 12, 2015 at 3:32 pm)Drich Wrote: So... I feel like I have spent enough time around atheists to identify myself as one by proxcimity (Not by core belief) But as you all say core belief is just a formality. Who are any of you to say I am not an atheist if i say that I am?

It's a free country. Call yourself what you want. You clearly don't care how stupid you make yourself sound.

(January 12, 2015 at 3:32 pm)Drich Wrote: So from now on I wish to be identified as a God loving Atheist!
Hmph

You changed your religious views so you're good to go, but someone beat you to it:

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2014/06/10...es-in-god/

(January 12, 2015 at 3:32 pm)Drich Wrote: ...That is unless you all can conceed that there are indeed rules to being affiliated with a given group, other than a verbal proclaimation stating that one is indeed apart of said group.

We're not a group in the sense of having rules. All we all share is one opinion on one topic. Some of us will tell you to go for it, and others will try to educate you on what words mean. We might argue with each other about it.

Here's the difference between you and Mormons in this regard: Nearly everyone you tell that you're a God-loving atheist will think you're an idiot if serious or a jackass if not, or worse, a Unitarian. The Mormon, on the other hand, will mostly only get this 'you're not a Christian' flack from evangelical fundamentalists, who are well known for their misuse of their native language and ability to cling to ignorance.

(January 12, 2015 at 3:40 pm)Drich Wrote: this is my 'comming out' thread. Nothing here is up for discussion. I am simply announcing my change in faith.

From now on I want you all to refer to me as a God loving Atheist.

How about you request your user name be changed to God loving Atheist? We generally refer to people by their user name, not their stated religious views.

(January 12, 2015 at 11:20 pm)Drich Wrote: Somehow I invisioned a list of 40,000 denominations to be... Idk, longer for some reason.

Oh, that would have been SO clever if he had said it was a complete list.

(January 12, 2015 at 3:32 pm)Drich Wrote: Your example is exactly my point. Mormons don't even believe in the God of the bible, or the Jesus Christ outlined in the bible yet somehow they are christian, so why not you too?

Funny thing is, 'Christian' isn't defined as 'believing in God and Jesus the same way Drich does'. It's just believe in God and Jesus and in following their teachings, full stop. The differences in interpretation are why the number of denominations keeps growing.

(January 12, 2015 at 3:32 pm)Drich Wrote: If you're a christian who doesn't believe in God then why can't I be an theist who does? Why do the rules only work in favor of your club?

You are a theist who does, so that works out nicely for you. But I suppose you meant 'an atheist who does'. Because the word 'Christian' has a standard usage which we are retaining because standard, and you are rejecting so you can pretend to be the arbiter of who is and isn't in the Christian club. We are applying the definition consistently, and you are changing it to suit yourself.

But no one is stopping you from calling yourself an atheist or telling you that you can't. We're just noting your (hopefully) deliberate obtuseness.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(January 13, 2015 at 10:12 am)robvalue Wrote: Haha. Someone give me a law of God and I'll go out and break it, see what happens.

Oh wait, we do that all the time. So do christians. Whoops.

Thinking

'Don't kill yourself.' Sleepy
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(January 13, 2015 at 8:15 am)Drich Wrote:
(January 12, 2015 at 11:49 pm)Nope Wrote: Drich, I realize that some Mormon beliefs are strange but they believe Jesus is the son of god. I could understand your point if they believed Jesus was just another guy but they believe he was divine also.

Why don't you explain to us what you consider the most essential beliefs someone must hold to be Christian?

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY BELEIEVE!! Jesus and God at one time we're just regular guys! That they were honorable/righteous before their own God 'in the time before' and they were awarded earth to be God over themselves!

Your defintion of 'regular' is even more out there than your definition of 'Christian'. Their doctrine clearly states they made the Earth. Just regular guys, eh?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Amazing how many way Christians find to be dishonest, hypocritical, and just plain stupid.
The problem with Drich is that he can't just see how absurd and sparse christian belief can get. Atheism has no dogmas, just the lack of belief in those entities they call gods, Christianism however, has many dogmas and all subject to many interpretations, given that there is no way to distinguish between several flavours of a fantasy.

Saying you are a god loving atheist is like saying you are a carnivorous vegan.
(January 13, 2015 at 1:24 pm)LastPoet Wrote: The problem with Drich is that he can't just see how absurd and sparse christian belief can get. Atheism has no dogmas, just the lack of belief in those entities they call gods, Christianism however, has many dogmas and all subject to many interpretations, given that there is no way to distinguish between several flavours of a fantasy.

Saying you are a god loving atheist is like saying you are a carnivorous vegan.

Or he is a clever troll trying to make Christianity look bad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too Late Fucktards. You Own Him Now. Minimalist 10 1597 October 10, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us..." should we be grateful? Whateverist 325 70178 July 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  so you're in heaven now what? - coming soon so you're in hell now what v2 dyresand 8 2767 July 13, 2015 at 12:24 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  So you when to hell now what. dyresand 556 118677 June 25, 2015 at 7:58 am
Last Post: Tonus
  How would you regard good evidence for a God you don't now believe in? Whateverist 32 9001 January 11, 2015 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Atheist Interview! All knowledgeable Atheists needed! danidare13 19 3974 September 25, 2013 at 11:25 am
Last Post: Jackalope
Star 11 Things The Bible Bans,But You Do It Anyway (Hell awaits you all) Big Blue Sky 11 5539 July 9, 2013 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: Raven
  Watch: now you see it, now you... Cyberman 15 4705 April 9, 2012 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
  Former Atheist, (now a Christian) who led to the first Dawkin's Forum site closing. CoxRox 21 6562 October 13, 2011 at 2:16 pm
Last Post: salty