Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 5:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist surprised when god answered his prayer
RE: Atheist surprised when god answered his prayer
(March 13, 2015 at 10:27 am)ronedee Wrote: Yup! that's what I said.

If you prefer the comfort of fantasy over reality, that is your prerogative. Just do not expect rational people to accept your god delusions as truth.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(March 13, 2015 at 1:39 pm)ronedee Wrote: Do you talk just for the sake of talking?

No.

(March 13, 2015 at 1:39 pm)ronedee Wrote: Do you actually read anything you reply to?

Yes.

(March 13, 2015 at 1:39 pm)ronedee Wrote: You've offered nothing constructive, or relevant to my points.

Read again.

(March 13, 2015 at 1:39 pm)ronedee Wrote: Just the same old atheist drivel.... which I CONFIRMED in my post!

OH MY GOSH!1!1

You didn't reply to any of the questions I asked you. You didn't adress anything I said. You're the one talking for the sake of talking and you're the one who appatently didn't read.

If it's too bothersome to read that whole post through, here you go:

What makes christianity more valid than islam?
Why do you think being an atheist means "choosing an easy way of life"?
(March 12, 2015 at 2:30 pm)Alex K Wrote:
Quote:and the outcome was fantastic.

Yes, literally fantastic Tongue

Yeah, somewhere deep in that mess he calls a mind, he really knows it's nothing but a stupid fantasy.
(March 13, 2015 at 11:15 am)pocaracas Wrote:
(March 12, 2015 at 2:26 pm)Godschild Wrote: Why do you believe God let it happen, why do you want to blame God for what happened, why do you not give Him credit when good things happen to people.

Because, to give that credit to a god, as generally defined (in christianity, or islam or judaism), would mean that we'd also have to give credit for many or even all other things that happen - good things, bad things irrelevant things...
And yet, you only want to attribute a few select good things to the god you think exists.

You ever think about that?

I've been reading through the post from my last one and the blindness is astounding to me, it really is.
Your post is no exception, I said why do you only blame (give credit to) God for bad things and never the good, you totally ignored it or your blind to it, I chose the latter. You only see the things here I attribute to God, I know God is involved in more than we could ever imagine, God is even involved in many every day events in our lives, yes your's too. I give more thought in a few days about what God does, than you will ever do.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(March 13, 2015 at 10:02 am)ronedee Wrote: Its interesting, and unfortunate that the "logical" mind cannot comprehend a spiritual experience.

Interesting use of quote marks. Are you saying that a logical mind can't exist, or that atheists aren't logical?

(March 13, 2015 at 10:02 am)ronedee Wrote: Every experience with God is based on a spiritual awakening. But you first have to be open to it.

The God experience is based on personal revelation, which is useless to the casual bystander.... religious or otherwise.

Ah yes, personal revelation. That deep emotional certainty that there is something more than meets the eye because you have a feeling. It's a little like love at first sight. And like love at first sight doesn't always last. And like a revelation of god leaves bystanders wondering what Jill sees in a drip like Jack. The difference is that Jill rarely spends her time trying to persuade let alone force others to believe in the almighty greatness of Jack.

(March 13, 2015 at 10:02 am)ronedee Wrote: No outward experience will convince atheists: Every religious event is explained away... or dismissed as some natural occurrence that just hasn't been discovered yet.

You're wrong there. If there were a god, I'm quite certain he could demonstrate his existence. And he wouldn't need two bit stories like the pastor discussed in the OP.

(March 13, 2015 at 10:02 am)ronedee Wrote: And this is why Faith is so important to our salvation. The answers are "within". The unbelievers just choose the easy path in life!

Precisely! If there is no evidence, then how else could you possibly believe. More logical minds stop and ask a few questions:

If there is no evidence why should I believe?

Even if I were to decide to blindly believe in something, why choose a particular god or religion?

Why would god require faith rather than simply demonstrating his existence?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(March 13, 2015 at 10:02 am)ronedee Wrote: aka Ignorance is bliss!

No, complete the idiom if you intend to use it:

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise."

You revel in your ignorance if it gives you comfort. Some of us grownups want more substance to our lives than your fantasies offer.

I'm back, kids. Miss me?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(March 14, 2015 at 2:25 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I'm back, kids. Miss me?

Yes! We did!!!

[Image: yahoo.gif]

Welcome back!
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(March 14, 2015 at 2:25 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I'm back, kids. Miss me?

I missed you. Just yesterday I was wondering, "What happened to Stimbo. I hope nothing bad happened to him." Glad to see you back.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Yay, Stimbo! Welcome back my friend Smile

I hope you are well? And have been keeping up your blasphemy count?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Would it not have been better for god to 'give the light' to the molester before the abuse? Worship
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cult leader encouraging his followers to starve to death. Rev. Rye 2 502 April 28, 2023 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Please help prayer to get maaried soon for my mom heath.! meboxem166 21 2932 April 1, 2023 at 5:52 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Why doesn't God love his enemies? Fake Messiah 16 1412 November 30, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Rainbow (He/Him/His) No penis, identifies as a male Nihilist Virus 25 2135 April 17, 2021 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  The Catholic Church has a prayer app zebo-the-fat 5 682 January 21, 2019 at 11:00 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Jesus’ Failed Prophecy About His Return DoubtingHerFaith 107 15717 January 15, 2019 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Intercessory prayer is pointless RobbyPants 93 10965 October 27, 2018 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pope Fuckface Is Either Losing His Mind Or Remembered How The Church Traditionally Minimalist 12 2250 October 10, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Group prayer on Skype on behalf of our Christian members I_am_not_mafia 132 17304 May 26, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Can a Chrisitan lose his/her salvation? Jehanne 130 31838 July 26, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: drfuzzy