Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Damned Christians
RE: Damned Christians
(March 6, 2020 at 9:14 am)Agnostico Wrote:
(March 5, 2020 at 8:15 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: If it was just one we'd have buried him deep under a prison by now.

Of course its not the only one but is painting a whole group with such a broad brush reasonable? 

I could understand being suspicious of priests. Even being dirty with the churches for not doing something about this sooner

I am. I don't know why they have celibate priest. They could fix the problem if they let them have wives

Pedophilia makes my blood boil more than any other crime so can understand the frustration

But are all Christians pedophiles now? Like c'mon, the hate is uncalled for and irrational

I dunno... I see good and bad people from all walks of life anyway

Of course not all Christians are pedophiles, far from it, and not implied by pointing out yet another member of the clergy being caught with their shorts down around a minor. There IS an obvious pattern of Christians (and I'm sure it's not just Christians) giving their clergy way too much benefit of the doubt when it comes to their children. It's a danger whenever you have someone in a position of trust with access to children; but in the case of a teacher or scout leader the matter is normally immediately brought to the attention of the authorities and the offender never gets such a position again. Protestant clergy are not immune, a known sex offender was hired to be a pastor recently (I'm sure not allowed around children). Come on, forgiveness doesn't mean you should get to still be a minister does it?

(March 6, 2020 at 4:40 pm)Agnostico Wrote:
(March 6, 2020 at 1:33 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: I think that not going to those churches and not throwing money into those baskets is the christian thing to do, actually.  Not that this matters much to your grievance machine.  Poor poor oppressed christian majority, always getting called assholes for being assholes.  What's a little institutional abuse between the faithful?

Are you wondering how many loony tunes priests and pastors are touching kids..or how many administrators are hiding it, or how many parishioners are funding it, or how many people like you are making the thinnest excuses for it...... or are you wondering about the obviously worse scourge of someone commenting on what they and you are doing?

Good luck getting a number from the sex crime rings on the former.  They keep that shit close to the vest on account of criminal and civil exposure.  In fact, the southern baptist conventions response to their own internal sexual abuse investigation lead to the crafting of legislation...allegedly to solve the problem...that immunized churches from civil liability.  Went into law last year.

This is that moral realism you were preaching about hey... Hating everyone on the actions of a few. What spawns such hate anyway? Is it jealousy? What is it?

Funny thing is your hypocrisy. Who were the biggest murderers in the 20th century? All Atheists. Hitler, Stalin, Mao. U have their same hate as well and morals.

Christian churches have nothing on them if u want to keep score. It's ruled for over 2000 years creating the western society we enjoy today.

What has atheism ever done? Fuck all, just kill and destroy. No atheist society has ever prospered, ever. They've all just failed due to radicalism and a lack of moral structure

You don't have to hate anyone to think they maybe oughta try a different church, or have a schism or something. In the USA the Anglicans are right there for Catholics sick of their church. You could have an American Catholic Church with zero tolerance of pedophilia. Pointing out how you could do better isn't hate. As for the Protestants, don't you think they should turn their pedophile ministers over to the cops and never let them preach again?

It would be nice if Christians acknowledged the great debt western civilization owes Greek and Roman civilization before they try to hog the credit for everything good about modernity.

Hateful, nasty Christian! Do a little research. The healthiest, happiest, and most prosperous modern nations are the ones with the highest rates of organic (not imposed by the state) atheism. Most of the doctors of Doctors without Borders fame are atheists. Humanism is the predominant moral philosophy of western atheists and there's never been a nation that fell due to valuing the freedom, health, protections, and rights of its citizenry too much. I have less in common with Stalin because I'm an atheist than you do with Osama bin Laden because you're a Christian. In the USA, atheists are represented in prison at about a tenth of their population in the general population, while Christians and Muslims are proportional. If Christians had a monopoly on prosperity we'd notice, but instead countries with the highest rates of Christianity are inversely proportional to their poverty (the same is true of Islam).

Get outta here with your petulant bullshit, man. Address the sty in your own eye before you get your panties in a bunch what the commies used to do back in the day. We were never part of them (apologies to any actual communists on the board; but hopefully your not an atheist just because Mao or Stalin said so).
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
I really get tired of the yeah-buts.
(March 14, 2020 at 5:29 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I really get tired of the yeah-buts.

Yeah, but it's the OTHER religionists who are REALLY bad.  Ours are just a little bit bad.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 14, 2020 at 5:57 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 14, 2020 at 5:29 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I really get tired of the yeah-buts.

Yeah, but it's the OTHER religionists who are REALLY bad.  Ours are just a little bit bad.

Boru
"Yeah, but if they'd JUST LISTEN to us they'd know what they were doing wrong! It makes me weep to know God's TRUE WORD is so close to them and they keep turning the TV up when I'm giving it to them."
Right-wing pastor, Rodney Howard-Browne, is literally encouraging his congregants to shake hands
Video

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Can you believe this? Christians in Ohio are still flocking in churches believing that they are shielded by Jesus's blood from Coronavirus.

Video

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(April 4, 2020 at 9:36 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Can you believe this? Christians in Ohio are still flocking in churches believing that they are shielded by Jesus's blood from Coronavirus.

Video

Same **** churches pulled in Italy and Greece. 
Bottom line is they're 'covered in the blood of the congregants'...
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
Meh, it's just a drop in the bucket. More blood for the bloodgod!
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 4, 2020 at 9:42 am)Mr Greene Wrote:
(April 4, 2020 at 9:36 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Can you believe this? Christians in Ohio are still flocking in churches believing that they are shielded by Jesus's blood from Coronavirus.

Video

Same **** churches pulled in Italy and Greece. 
Bottom line is they're 'covered in the blood of the congregants'...

Again, I don't give a fuck if tgese morons die in droves though it will be "god's will" whether they live or die. My concern is any other poor bastards these dumb fucks infect and kill.
Dying to live, living to die.

Video

I believe it. This is an example of the harm that faith can do. Personally, anyone who visits friends and family during holidays once or twice a year, should know how easy it is to catch something, and people who go to church still get sick. This is similar to the idea that we need god in schools, to prevent school shootings, despite the fact that shootings happen in churches as well.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damned Pervert Priests - and other assorted Holy Scumbags Minimalist 519 59717 April 25, 2024 at 12:36 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Damned Muslims Minimalist 751 131386 April 4, 2024 at 5:31 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Damned Catholics Minimalist 1997 311473 March 29, 2024 at 9:37 pm
  Damned Hindus Minimalist 83 22817 January 22, 2024 at 7:47 am
  Damned Mormons Minimalist 216 45140 September 18, 2023 at 9:53 am
Last Post: zwanzig
  Damned Scientologists Fake Messiah 24 4178 January 29, 2023 at 8:40 am
  Damned Catholics XVI Fake Messiah 10 2506 December 25, 2022 at 10:52 am