Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Damned Christians
RE: Damned Christians
Joel Osteen's megachurch received a $4.4. million Paycheck Protection Plan loan during the coronavirus pandemic, according to Federal data. The loan was disbursed in July of this year. And he doesn't even pay taxes.

Meanwhile, his house:
[Image: Joel.jpg]

https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/art...800195.php
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I wonder if he has two types of parties there. One for the people who buy into his bullshit and one for the people who profit from the first type.
You're assuming that those are separate groups. Coffee
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I really wonder why he needs that much space. It's like 15 houses! Maybe most of them are empty and he just uses them to spite homeless people.

Meanwhile watch out for Christians damaging your mental health

Quote:Christmas music can be damaging to mental health and make you stressed, claim scientists

Scientists explained that there is an effect between how often we hear a song and how much we like it, and it's called the mere exposure effect.

This means that whilst at first, listening to The Fairytale Of New York fills you with happiness and good memories of the holiday season, after a while it can lead to boredom, annoyance and even distress.

This is down to the brain becoming oversaturated, which then triggers a negative response.

For some, many things about Christmas could cause stress, such as financial problems, work issues or seeing family they don't get on with, so for them, the constant inundation of cheerful tunes may reinforce that stress, not relieve it.

Speaking to Business Insider, clinical psychologist Linda Blair revealed that Christmas music can be mentally draining.

"People working in the shops [have to tune out] Christmas music, because if they don't, it really does stop you from being able to focus on anything else," she said.

"You're simply spending all of your energy trying not to hear what you're hearing."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-...161019.amp
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Let me guess, he won't suddenly look down on sex workers as sinners, people who need to change, doomed people, etc.

[Image: 103-2.jpg]

https://thoughtnova.com/103-year-old-pri...0a4i?119=9
(December 15, 2020 at 10:08 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Joel Osteen's megachurch received a $4.4. million Paycheck Protection Plan loan during the coronavirus pandemic, according to Federal data. The loan was disbursed in July of this year.
Drop in the bucket.  Churches managed to grab about 6b in stimmy funds..and they already hoover up a few b every year that there's not a pandemic. Talk about welfare queens.

I guess it's just good that Uncle Sam and John Q Taxpayer are there to keep their grift running when god abandons them. The takeaway from that story isn't that joel runs a business and doesn't pay taxes, everyone already knew that. It's that his pay structure is shit. The average disbursement as per their claims would be less than 12k. They're a jesus themed sweatshop that preys on their own friends and family.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 15, 2020 at 10:08 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Joel Osteen's megachurch received a $4.4. million Paycheck Protection Plan loan during the coronavirus pandemic, according to Federal data. The loan was disbursed in July of this year. And he doesn't even pay taxes.

Joel Osteen and Kanye (and a bunch of others) walk on water this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXVr-K95quk

I've seen this trick done by at least two magicians before, and it was a terrible trick those times too.  Why can't people realize they are being scammed?
Again, just like Scientology

Quote:Former members accuse Kingston, Ont., church of ‘brainwashing’ through threats of ‘curses’

Third Day is a well-known denominational church in Kingston. The city’s current mayor, Bryan Paterson, was a member for almost two decades.

Former members claim the organization encouraged submission to the church’s ideology and to founding pastor Francis Armstrong, who they say preached ultra-conservative views, including demonizing the LGBTQ2 community and taking over Canada in God’s name.

The former members say they were manipulated into being afraid of the outside world, and became dependent on the church.

These people say their experience with the church was traumatic, causing mental health issues, broken marriages, loss of time and money, and most of all loss of agency over their own lives. They have come forward, hoping for change at the church, and to prevent others from falling prey to the traps of what experts call a “high-demand group.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/7499084/kings...ip-centre/
(December 16, 2020 at 2:54 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Again, just like Scientology

Quote:Former members accuse Kingston, Ont., church of ‘brainwashing’ through threats of ‘curses’

Third Day is a well-known denominational church in Kingston. The city’s current mayor, Bryan Paterson, was a member for almost two decades.

Former members claim the organization encouraged submission to the church’s ideology and to founding pastor Francis Armstrong, who they say preached ultra-conservative views, including demonizing the LGBTQ2 community and taking over Canada in God’s name.

The former members say they were manipulated into being afraid of the outside world, and became dependent on the church.

These people say their experience with the church was traumatic, causing mental health issues, broken marriages, loss of time and money, and most of all loss of agency over their own lives. They have come forward, hoping for change at the church, and to prevent others from falling prey to the traps of what experts call a “high-demand group.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/7499084/kings...ip-centre/

Churches rarely get changed from the inside.  People usually just vote with their feet, and leave.  If the "founding pastor" still has followers willing to give money, he will always have a church.  The "former members" would have to convince 50% of current members to kick the pastor out.  That would never happen.

Now, I have seen a "founding pastor" of an Evangelical Pentecolstal-like church kicked out of his position, but it was his own fault.  He allowed crazies to operate in his church (ones who had God directly giving them messages), and the crazies convinced 50% that God wanted a new pastor.  I think the church failed shortly after.
[Image: Jesus-trash.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damned Pervert Priests - and other assorted Holy Scumbags Minimalist 519 60018 April 25, 2024 at 12:36 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Damned Muslims Minimalist 751 132601 April 4, 2024 at 5:31 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Damned Catholics Minimalist 1997 312636 March 29, 2024 at 9:37 pm
  Damned Hindus Minimalist 83 22846 January 22, 2024 at 7:47 am
  Damned Mormons Minimalist 216 45236 September 18, 2023 at 9:53 am
Last Post: zwanzig
  Damned Scientologists Fake Messiah 24 4194 January 29, 2023 at 8:40 am
  Damned Catholics XVI Fake Messiah 10 2508 December 25, 2022 at 10:52 am