Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Damned Christians
RE: Damned Christians
(August 21, 2021 at 5:53 am)Ahriman Wrote:
(August 21, 2021 at 5:46 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I never said 'mutual married sex' was rape. But under some Christian denominations, a man can force himself on his wife and it can't be considered rape.

See, this is why - in enlightened societies - secular laws supersede religious ones.

Boru
In a truly enlightened society, religious law would be a way of life.

In a truly enlightened society we would have no use for religions or their silly fucking laws.

(August 21, 2021 at 6:04 am)Ahriman Wrote:
(August 21, 2021 at 6:00 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: So, you believe that sinners should be killed with rocks, a man should be allowed to own slaves, a husband should be allowed to rape his wife, and non-believers should be burnt at the stake?

Boru
What's illogical about any of that?

I'm calling Poe.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(August 22, 2021 at 4:36 am)Ravenshire Wrote:
(August 21, 2021 at 5:53 am)Ahriman Wrote: In a truly enlightened society, religious law would be a way of life.

In a truly enlightened society we would have no use for religions or their silly fucking laws.

Yah, that's been tried in the 'enlightened' USSR, North Korea, Cuba, and China.

How'd it go?
(August 22, 2021 at 5:27 am)Mashmont Wrote:
(August 22, 2021 at 4:36 am)Ravenshire Wrote: In a truly enlightened society we would have no use for religions or their silly fucking laws.

Yah, that's been tried in the 'enlightened' USSR, North Korea, Cuba, and China.

How'd it go?

Care to tilt at a different straw man. I never claimed any of those societies were enlightened. Of course, what I say is of no concern to you as long as you get to vomit up your talking points.

Address the actual point or get fucked, Mushmount.
(August 22, 2021 at 6:07 am)Ravenshire Wrote:
(August 22, 2021 at 5:27 am)Mashmont Wrote: Yah, that's been tried in the 'enlightened' USSR, North Korea, Cuba, and China.

How'd it go?

Care to tilt at a different straw man. I never claimed any of those societies were enlightened. Of course, what I say is of no concern to you as long as you get to vomit up your talking points.

Why do you feel the need to talk like a filthy sewer?  Do you think you need it to bolster your arguments? 

As I said, the world has seen your atheist experiment.  It always ended in abject disaster for the countries that have done it.  Yet you magically think it could turn out differently.  Talk about sky fairies.
Quote:Yah, that's been tried in the 'enlightened' USSR, North Korea, Cuba, and China.

How'd it go?
Yeah, a lack of religious laws is not the reason those nations went bad. But nice try.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(August 22, 2021 at 6:12 am)Mashmont Wrote:
(August 22, 2021 at 6:07 am)Ravenshire Wrote: Care to tilt at a different straw man. I never claimed any of those societies were enlightened. Of course, what I say is of no concern to you as long as you get to vomit up your talking points.

Why do you feel the need to talk like a filthy sewer?  Do you think you need it to bolster your arguments? 

As I said, the world has seen your atheist experiment.  It always ended in abject disaster for the countries that have done it.  Yet you magically think it could turn out differently.  Talk about sky fairies.

Are logical fallacies all you have, Marshmunt?

If my language offends, you can always ignore me, you self righteous cunt.
Quote:Why do you feel the need to talk like a filthy sewer? 
We will swear if we want too

Quote: Do you think you need it to bolster your arguments? 
Nope but will do it anyway 

Quote:As I said, the world has seen your atheist experiment.
No, it wasn't. None of the countries mentioned were "atheist experiments"  Dodgy

Quote:  It always ended in abject disaster for the countries that have done it. 
Yup authoritarianism is bad. Nothing to do with Atheism I'm afraid.

Quote: Yet you magically think it could turn out differently.  Talk about sky fairies.
You think those countries were an atheist experiment. Talk about sky fairies.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

5 Major Reasons Religion Is the No.1 Cause of Poverty in Africa

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
[Image: Abuz.jpg]

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ZW6E66..._bdcrb_top
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Quote:Every sperm is sacred, every sperm is great.  If a sperm is wasted, God gets quite irate.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damned Pervert Priests - and other assorted Holy Scumbags Minimalist 519 59996 April 25, 2024 at 12:36 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Damned Muslims Minimalist 751 132466 April 4, 2024 at 5:31 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Damned Catholics Minimalist 1997 312350 March 29, 2024 at 9:37 pm
  Damned Hindus Minimalist 83 22841 January 22, 2024 at 7:47 am
  Damned Mormons Minimalist 216 45219 September 18, 2023 at 9:53 am
Last Post: zwanzig
  Damned Scientologists Fake Messiah 24 4190 January 29, 2023 at 8:40 am
  Damned Catholics XVI Fake Messiah 10 2507 December 25, 2022 at 10:52 am