Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 12:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pope Opens Mouth; Inserts Foot
RE: Pope Opens Mouth; Inserts Foot
(January 15, 2015 at 6:08 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: There's a lot of distasteful, in my opinion, pressure from secularists to assert their identity over everyone elses.

There's a lot of distasteful killing of secularists for asserting their identity.

Mote, beam, etc etc, theist.

Oh, and also, special shipment for the pope hisself:

[Image: 2wqvedg.jpg]

(January 16, 2015 at 3:58 am)fr0d0 Wrote:
(January 15, 2015 at 9:50 pm)Stimbo Wrote: No we don't and fuck you for saying so.

I think you do. Racist and supremicist, even extreme feminist are views that we don't tolerate. Misogynism and extreme right wing we tolerate. The rules can be an excuse to exact an agenda. We all need to be vigilant of that. Your knee jerk reaction is dangerous. It looks like I hit a nerve, rather than you making a calm assurance that you wouldn't like to be perceived as acting with bias, which I'm sure is your intention. I'll take it as the later anyway, despite the staff attacks. Let's carry on with civility shall we.

Utter bollocks. Please present evidence for your allegations.

And "staff attacks"? Seriously, what the hell have you been smoking? Are you aware that staff operate on a quorum system precisely to eliminate bias?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Begin countdown to prevarication ...

Oh dear, has frodo totally lost his marbles now Sad Please think about what you're saying hobbit, I'm worried about you.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 16, 2015 at 3:58 am)fr0d0 Wrote:
(January 15, 2015 at 9:50 pm)Stimbo Wrote: No we don't and fuck you for saying so.

I think you do. Racist and supremicist, even extreme feminist are views that we don't tolerate. Misogynism and extreme right wing we tolerate. The rules can be an excuse to exact an agenda. We all need to be vigilant of that. Your knee jerk reaction is dangerous. It looks like I hit a nerve, rather than you making a calm assurance that you wouldn't like to be perceived as acting with bias, which I'm sure is your intention. I'll take it as the later anyway, despite the staff attacks. Let's carry on with civility shall we.

Civility includes not lying and strawmanning an argument you intentionally started.

None of what you accuse "staff" of is true. We are extremely fair and tolerant which is, like I said in a previous post, noted by the fact that you're still here.
Too true.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(January 16, 2015 at 4:03 am)robvalue Wrote: You realize that you don't have to be atheist to be secular, right? Everyone in America who isn't opposed to the first amendment is a secularist.

Fuck the pope, what utter bullshit nonsense. I guess I should expect no less arrogance from a man who thinks he is qualified to speak for god (in god's perpetual absence). There is no free speech if you can't say anything that might insult someone. There would be no speech at all.

If you're quivering with fear every time someone says "jesus wasn't real" then how strong is your faith? How true is your religion? And where is your god, that you have to rely on censorship to keep spreading his messages?

Yes, I'm a secularist and a humanist to some extent. No problem there. The people I'm referring to specifically identified and spoke on behalf of secularist organisations, is why I used the label.

I think you're addressing the sensationalist media hype with your comments, which were designed as click bait which I too find offensive.
Yes, the sentences after the first weren't intended for you Frodo. I know you can take the heat, or else you'd no longer be here. I was talking about the pope and his "you can't criticize religion wah wah". He can shove that up his vatican hole. I certainly can. I just speak words. It's easy.

Index of my best videos
(January 16, 2015 at 4:03 am)Roxy904 Wrote: Everyone's allowed to be offended. No one is trying to take away your God, (as he doesn't exsist.) But no one is forcing a belief upon you or anyone. Separating Church and state is not forcing beliefs on anyone.

Yes these secularists are trying to force their beliefs on anyone. They stated that you shouldn't be allowed to be offended by something that they don't agree with. They want to formalise their own identity as law.

I believe in separation of any religious imposition on state affairs. Yours included.

(January 16, 2015 at 6:38 am)robvalue Wrote: Yes, the sentences after the first weren't intended for you Frodo. I know you can take the heat, or else you'd no longer be here. I was talking about the pope and his "you can't criticize religion wah wah". He can shove that up his vatican hole. I certainly can. I just speak words. It's easy.

That doesn't mean I'm not offended. I graciously receive that right from this forum (to be offended and be free to voice that). Peace be upon it.

I keep hearing two versions of that statement. One where he says the opposite. Is one pure fantasy?
No one is saying you shouldn't be allowed to be offended. That would be ridiculous. Who is saying that, can you provide a link?

If they are actually saying that, then they are insane.

What, two versions of what the pope said? I don't know, I've just seen him saying you can't criticize religion. I don't give a monkeys what he has to say about anything anyway.

Index of my best videos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pope Francis apologises for Canada residential school harms zebo-the-fat 10 1328 April 5, 2022 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Ex-Pope Benedict XVI blames 1960s revolution for sex abuse zebo-the-fat 27 3478 April 17, 2019 at 10:55 am
Last Post: brewer
  Why do cardinals get to elect the Pope? Fake Messiah 26 1437 March 13, 2019 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Pope Fuckface Is Either Losing His Mind Or Remembered How The Church Traditionally Minimalist 12 2202 October 10, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pope's visit to Ireland turning into a fiasco? Fake Messiah 11 2330 August 27, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Pope Francis condemns child sex abuse and Church cover-ups zebo-the-fat 23 3740 August 20, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 9912 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
  Priest publicly wishes for Pope's quick death... c172 18 4875 March 22, 2018 at 1:10 am
Last Post: c172
  Catholics warring against the Pope? Fake Messiah 29 7584 November 27, 2017 at 6:52 am
  Pope Francis -- dogs go to Heaven! Jehanne 34 5570 October 19, 2017 at 3:46 am
Last Post: ignoramus