Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 19, 2024, 9:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
(June 19, 2015 at 12:23 pm)Rekeisha Wrote: [...]
@Iroscato I don't know the ins and outs of how it works. I am still in the process of understanding that. So in the meantime I will do what God has told me to do.

No. You will do what other people told you God told them to tell you to do...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(June 19, 2015 at 12:49 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:
(June 19, 2015 at 12:44 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: I think she doesn't like me :c

And all I did was say I'm having sex with satan....

When the hell did my first wife travel to Bosnia?!?

Ummm.....I can confirm it definitely wasn't your ex wife Tongue

(June 19, 2015 at 12:52 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(June 19, 2015 at 12:23 pm)Rekeisha Wrote: [...]
@Iroscato I don't know the ins and outs of how it works. I am still in the process of understanding that. So in the meantime I will do what God has told me to do.

No. You will do what other people told you God told them to tell you to do...

Dumbception Big Grin
(June 19, 2015 at 12:23 pm)Rekeisha Wrote: @Mental Outlaw You make a lot of statements here but how did you draw these conclusions?

@chad your are right I am not my father. Still God is something totally other than what we are I was trying to explain the concept that if Jesus says he is God son then He is saying He is God.  Therefore the Jews assumed he was blaspheming.

If he's saying he's god's son, he's saying he's a demigod. On par with Zeus' kids like Hercules. Hercules is Zeus' son, birthed by the same means that Jesus was, yet he was not Zeus.

We already have terms for these things, because there have been stories like this before Jesus came along.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(June 19, 2015 at 12:23 pm)Rekeisha Wrote: @Iroscato I don't know the ins and outs of how it works. I am still in the process of understanding that. So in the meantime I will do what God has told me to do.

No shit. So how does this 'god' chap communicate with you, exactly? Does he still go in for the burning bush routine?
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
He's got a batphone.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I remember seeing shows about tribal people sitting at a campfire, throwing something in, and reading the smoke. Or maybe breathing the fumes and seeing visions. I know this isn't exactly how they show it on Prince of Egypt, but I wonder if that's really what the bible meant about a burning bush.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Unlikely, the authors were aware of that practice (and engaged in a version of it themselves).  Had they wished to communicate that to us, they would have done so. The burning bush got the mans attention. It steps us out of this world, and into the "otherworld", he was having an experience of the divine, an immediate and simply understood demonstration of the power of the causative agent. It burned, and yet was not consumed.

We are supposed to feel what he must have felt, when we consider this. It places -us- in the narrative, and this is required for the narrative to be effective.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
@abaris Jesus had a bodily death but He did not cease to exist because God is Spirit.
@Neimenovic I don't dislike you I just to have anything to say to you.
@Chad Read John8:58 then read Ex 3:14
@Iroscato I speak to God trough the Holy Spirit that I received when I repented and was forgiven of my sins.
(June 20, 2015 at 12:00 pm)Rekeisha Wrote: @abaris Jesus had a bodily death but He did not cease to exist because God is Spirit.

And if you would reflect on that a little more, you might see the problem with the sacrifice story right there in your post.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(June 20, 2015 at 12:00 pm)Rekeisha Wrote: @Neimenovic I don't dislike you I just to have anything to say to you.

You could say you're praying for me. I have so many more comments about sexual activity with the devil to make Angel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A 21st Century Ontological Argument: does it work. JJoseph 23 1363 January 9, 2024 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1070 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why God doesn't stop satan? purplepurpose 225 15280 June 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Photo Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting Walter99 32 3509 March 22, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Why is Jesus Circumcised and not the rest of the christians ? Megabullshit 23 5401 February 9, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 5841 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5323 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  The Never-Addressed reasons that lead me to Atheism Chimera7 26 3814 August 20, 2018 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Not religious doesn't necessarily mean atheist John V 99 18057 November 8, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Being An Atheist Doesn't Make You A Good Person mlmooney89 38 7092 September 7, 2017 at 10:29 am
Last Post: drfuzzy