Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 30, 2024, 1:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colorado parents of transgender 1st-grader file complaint over restroom ban
RE: Colorado parents of transgender 1st-grader file complaint over restroom ban
Unisex bathrooms for the school issue isn't going to take away the issue completely, yes ShellB. When they're adults they'll have to do what they do now because it's not plausible to demand unisex bathrooms for all accommodations. Truth of the matter is, they go into the bathroom they identify with in the end anyways, don't they? I see the implications of where this would be going--require unisex bathrooms by law. Or god forbid make it illegal for them to use the bathroom of their choice.
But I don't see the public restroom issue as being the same as the school restroom issue. I believe that since they are kids we do have a responsibility to protect them from all iniquities, and making a girl go into a boy bathroom is wrong and likewise. Not to mention making girls go to the bathroom with a boy and likewise. It's different at school than it is when you're in public--no one knows your true gender. If they identify as a girl (she damn near fooled me!) and cannot go to the girls bathroom then it's not too much to require a unisex bathroom in schools. I think it is preferable than giving her special instructions for going to the bathroom and making her feel picked out by having to go to the nurses office or dealing with adults looking at you in the office just because you gotta go to the restroom. One should be able to feel normal when going the bathroom is my point. She has rights too, how would you feel if you couldn't use either of the bathrooms and had to go to the office to get a key for the teacher's bathroom? And I hate to say it, but she might not be 'confused' about her sexual identity at all. Maybe it's us who are confused!Wink
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colorado parents of transgender 1st-grader file complaint over restroom ban - by Mystical - March 2, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  transgender military ban to go into effect Fake Messiah 20 2636 January 25, 2019 at 12:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump's ban on Muslims WinterHold 51 6728 March 6, 2017 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  1st 100 days? Blue Man 7 1248 February 16, 2017 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Pence Defends Trump’s Criticism of Judge Who Blocked Travel Ban Foxaèr 3 855 February 5, 2017 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Poll of over 3000 U.S. troops: Gary Johnson preffered over Clinton, Trump ReptilianPeon 7 1846 July 22, 2016 at 11:22 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  This Sick 20-Year-Old Wants Her Parents Prosecuted Manowar 15 1989 April 16, 2016 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Why doesn't the United States follow it's own rules when it comes to the 1st amendmen GoHalos1993 18 5426 December 31, 2015 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Over Here Fox 'News' Would Have A Shit Fit Over This Minimalist 14 2238 December 8, 2014 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Kim Jung Un to US: Ban The Interview or else attack! Creed of Heresy 27 6581 June 27, 2014 at 6:29 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Colorado jury duty and breach of separation of church and state. guestatheist14 6 2359 February 2, 2014 at 3:03 am
Last Post: guestatheist14